What if this game was redone for the Wii U?

And by redone I mean the whole 3DS Treatment, rebalancing, etc.

This would be a great time to do it and for those who don't have an Ambassador 3DS, it would be a great way to introduce those who may have only played Awakening or Shadow Dragon (or FEif when it comes out) to one of the older titles in the series. Originally released on the Game Boy Advance in 2005 (In 2004 in Japan), it has a few things that were later used in Awakening and FEif. Among them a traversable map and Skirmishes (Awakening).

Like FEif, Sacred Stones was prettymuch two games in one: After a certain point in the game, you will be forced to chose which royal of Renais to play the rest of the game as your main Lord. Depending on which you chose, you faced different foes and when you got certain characters was different. The clear difference being regardless of which Lord you chose as your main, you still got the other one permanently later on. Sacred Stones stands as the game that introduced branching promotion paths and introduced pre-promoted units: The Recruit Amelia (promotes to Cavelier or Knight), The Journeyman Ross (promotes to Fighter or Pirate) and The Pupil Ewan (promotes to Mage or Shaman).

These reasons are why I think a Sacred Stones reboot is possible. That and both campaigns could fit on one 3DS game card even in 3D. What do you guys think?

Sacred Stones remake would be nice (better than FE7, that's for sure), but if any FE is going to be remade next, I think it'll be FE4.

I'd like that too. I'm fiddling around with that one...emulating it on my phone with a translation patch. Intro is loooonnng.

Sacred Stones remake would be nice (better than FE7, that's for sure), but if any FE is going to be remade next, I think it'll be FE4.

I don't get your grief with 7 at all, sides it's already been rereleased.

8 will get the VC treatment on wii u soon I bet, but I'm hopeing for a localized 6.

4 will never come to the states however, beyond fan translation due to how the majority of the plot would have to be censored. And I doubt calling Arvis and Deirdre companions will cover that

I'm not saying that cause FE4 is my least favorite FE game. It is, but I still like it at times. I just feel that Nintendo of America would never release a game like that without destroying it's plot completely during localization.

(better than FE7, that's for sure)

Just saying,7's probably about as popular as 9/10,which are probably the second-most loved FE games.

PAL's got it on VC already,so I'm willing to bet we'll be getting it soon.

4 will never come to the states however, beyond fan translation due to how the majority of the plot would have to be censored. And I doubt calling Arvis and Deirdre companions will cover that

I'm not saying that cause FE4 is my least favorite FE game. It is, but I still like it at times. I just feel that Nintendo of America would never release a game like that without destroying it's plot completely during localization.

Idk, there's a lot worse things in other games in America. Then again, it's not Nintendo...

I'm personally not very hopeful on this one - what if they half-ass it like they did with Shadow Dragon?? And I seriously doubt this is even gonna happen anyway.

Edited by Levant Caprice

The game is already out on VC in japan and PAL regions, and it'll probably come out in the US sooner or later. So I'd say that the probability of it being remade is low.

However, I would love to see a Gaiden remake. It has a lot of the same features as FE8 (world map, grindable areas, dual lords, tier 0 classes) and arguably implements them better. My biggest complain about Gaiden is that is so slow and clunky due to being an NES game, and a remake would fix it.

I'm also in the Gaiden camp, it's the game I'd like to see remade the most followed by Holy War. Not that I'd be disappointed with a Sacred Stones remake. If they do remake it though I hope they expand upon it a bit. I think I'd rather you play both campaigns in one playthrough with separate characters being available in both (it just seemed somewhat strange that Dieck and co would turn up no matter which part of the continent you go to) and then the armies joining at the end like in Radiant Dawn. It would give the game some much needed length and probably more characters to mess around with the branching system. The only thing that would interfere with is the different interpretations of Lyon that are presented depending on which Lord your playing as. I'm sure that could be remedied someway though. Maybe just checking which Lord the player used more.

Edited by Jotari

I'm also in the Gaiden camp, it's the game I'd like to see remade the most followed by Holy War. Not that I'd be disappointed with a Sacred Stones remake. If they do remake it though I hope they expand upon it a bit. I think I'd rather you play both campaigns in one playthrough with separate characters being available in both (it just seemed somewhat strange that Dieck and co would turn up no matter which part of the continent you go to) and then the armies joining at the end like in Radiant Dawn. It would give the game some much needed length and probably more characters to mess around with the branching system. The only thing that would interfere with is the different interpretations of Lyon that are presented depending on which Lord your playing as. I'm sure that could be remedied someway though. Maybe just checking which Lord the player used more.

Yeah, it's weird because Dieck is from Elibe. The double playthrough thing would be cool, because during the Sand chapter the player will know both sides of the argument about whether Lyon is good or bad.

It'd be one that'd take relatively little collateral damage to get up to Awakening's standards if they decided to go with them, that's for sure. Not only is the World Map (complete with shops and skirmishes) already present, as you said, but the Lagdou Ruins already decides their Spotpass characters, if they just want to be lazy (though, knowing my luck, Eirika wouldn't be able to support with Lyon...)

Fitting an MU in sounds difficult, though. It wasn't really a game made with a player character that's somewhat important in mind. I'm guessing they might give them the Kris treatment and have the MU steal some of Seth's lines as well as make some new ones. There's also a roadblock in the viability in such a game's creation in the form of the game just not being outdated mechanically. FE1 (and FE3 to a lesser extent) has a lot of bullshit/weird design elements/just plain ugliness (mostly in the case of FE1 there) that would turn people off of playing them. FE8 still plays well and looks good, at least enough that they're not trying to sweep their mess under the rug and pretend it never happened like they seem to be with older Pokemon games. FE8's only real problems are that it's somewhat short - which can be fixed up with Gaidens aplenty like Awakening - and that it's easy - which, if anything, is a good reason to remake it , as rebalancing it (especially since it seems like it was rushed and so they could simply not have anyone breathing down their neck to release before the console the game is on is no longer relevant {NDS released in 2004 in the west, Sacred Stones released in 2005}), seems like a good idea to make it more appealing to a wider demographic.

To be honest, I doubt it'll seriously be made, since Intelligent Systems doesn't really seem intent on playing the Pokemon game, but it seems plausible enough and I'd absolutely buy it if it came out on a system I had. Sacred Stones is a very underrated game.

I don't get your grief with 7 at all, sides it's already been rereleased.

8 will get the VC treatment on wii u soon I bet, but I'm hopeing for a localized 6.

Considering that those themes are a main part of the villain's plan, I'd bet they'd be willing to give it a pass. Nanna and Ares (should the player pair them up) would likely be called "companions" however.

If it ever is remade and localized, they'll likely just slap an M rating on it.

Of course, the game I feel absolutely NEEDS a remake is Gaiden. It'd help tell the story better, it'd make the characters more memorable outside of Alm and Celica, and we'd get an awesome remix of With Mila's Divine Protection outside of the one in Smash Bros.

Edited by Bullwine85

Of course, the game I feel absolutely NEEDS a remake is Gaiden. It'd help tell the story better, it'd make the characters more memorable outside of Alm and Celica, and we'd get an awesome remix of With Mila's Divine Protection outside of the one in Smash Bros.

And with all the world map stuff done in Awakening it's just begging to be remade. They've even taken out weapon durability in If.

Just saying,7's probably about as popular as 9/10,which are probably the second-most loved FE games.

PAL's got it on VC already,so I'm willing to bet we'll be getting it soon.

7 and 8 are both much more popular than 9/10.

In Japan, 9/10 are the two least popular games in the series. So 7/8 being ahead of the Tellius games isn't a big accomplishment.

That said, I really don't see a Sacred Stones remake being realistic. It'd be swell, but it wouldn't work great with the Awakening engine and I doubt IS would go through the trouble of programming so many new elements just for a remake of a middle-of-the-road (sales wise) FE title.

Well, FE9 sells for a very pretty penny in the U.S, and I think FE10 does too.

I don't think it would if it weren't popular.

Those games probably had less copies produced, so they suffer particularly hard from the increased demand. Even if that isn't the case, the GBA games can be cheaply gotten on Virtual Console by now, while PoR and RD still require potential players to track down the original discs.

Edited by BrightBow

Considering FE8 only came out ten years ago; and it's already available here; there are probably better options for remakes. The only one I might see there being any particular demand for is FE6 ('cause Roy), though I'd love to see the Jugdral games re-envisioned.

Considering FE8 only came out ten years ago; and it's already available here; there are probably better options for remakes. The only one I might see there being any particular demand for is FE6 ('cause Roy), though I'd love to see the Jugdral games re-envisioned.

FE4-6 are the ones I see getting a remake

Gaiden is the one that needs it the most IMO

Well, FE9 sells for a very pretty penny in the U.S, and I think FE10 does too.

I don't think it would if it weren't popular.

Already addressed in part, but collector pricing is not indicative of popularity. Consider EarthBound's sub-par launch sales and then consider the outrageous prices EarthBound carts fetch today.

FE4-6 are the ones I see getting a remake

Gaiden is the one that needs it the most IMO

Gaiden definitely would benefit from it the most, so to speak. The game's presentation is dated and clunky and the storytelling is hazy at best (though maybe charming for those who like the style of old NES games). Plus, I'm interested in how they would translate its mechanics into the modern day. It's certainly different from the way FE currently works, namely in how it handles equipment and spells. I kind of hope they'd try to keep that stuff and refine it into a different framework instead of just using Awakening and If's engine.

Edited by TheCosmicDude