June 25th release date, but y do we know so little?

We might receive alot more info at E3 which is the week before

but unlike awakening this game doesn't have any new major features that are completely different that we know of.

Speaking of, were has it even been said that the game definitely won't be released internationally before 2016?

I guess if the game would be released earlier, we would have a more precise date already but I can't help but be curious.

Edited by BrightBow

Well as far as a Western release goes its not coming out until next year. I know that Japanese sources have covered the game extensively.

Extensively…? No info on any more characters? No info on supports? No info on pair-ups? No info on classes? No info on how to change classes? No info on combat?

If this game is as the creators wanted, that is to attract more players, I question your claim it has been covered "extensively" .

Hey, just wait it out. We know we'll get more info soon. It's nice getting an avalanche of info shortly before release for a change, rather than having it dragged out over a year or more.

(Also, I HIGHLY doubt we'll hear anything about it at E3.)

Hey, just wait it out. We know we'll get more info soon. It's nice getting an avalanche of info shortly before release for a change, rather than having it dragged out over a year or more.

(Also, I HIGHLY doubt we'll hear anything about it at E3.)

An English release date maybe? that would be nice

It's the way Nintendo operates for mid-tier and below games.

Basically they announce the game, reveal some details now and then, then finally start ramping up hype around 1 month before the game comes out. Even in Awakening's case, the game released on 20th April and there was massive silence until the start of March.

So in Fire Emblem if's situation, we should start seeing more info more quickly in a week's time. Or perhaps we're already at that stage...

Or in some cases, Nintendo just releases the game with little to no warning ala Stretchmo/Fullblox.

To be fair, if I recall correctly, Awakening was the same way, only, they were broadcasting a great number of the cast thanks to the marriage system and 2nd gen. That, along with how much Awakening had, considering it was a celebratory game for the entire series. If has a different focus, unlike anything prior to it, hence (possibly) why the majority of whats needed to be shown is to increase tension of the two sides, differences for the characters we've actually seen on both sides, (which is like 12 total?) and what will be different this time around. I'm pretty sure the latest scan from Vincent sheds some more light on combat and pair up with these so called "stances". And for all we know, there could me more on there that we don't know about. I'd say its extensive enough for now anyway. S'how I see it.

As of now, It'd be safe to say they're building suspense. That being said, some more info would actually be nice. E3, where u at

WOW, you guys are fast >_>

Edited by Bacon

Extensively…? No info on any more characters? No info on supports? No info on pair-ups? No info on classes? No info on how to change classes? No info on combat?

If this game is as the creators wanted, that is to attract more players, I question your claim it has been covered "extensively" .

There's actually been quite a bit of coverage in Japan

New Pheonix Mode confirmed in Famitsu http://serenesforest.net/2015/05/12/fire-emblem-famitsu-leak-phoenix-mode/

Information on unique units for each side and abilities http://serenesforest.net/2015/05/13/fire-emblem-famitsu-14th-may-details/

Amiibo support confirmed http://serenesforest.net/2015/04/30/fire-emblem-amiibo-support-hq-boxarts/

Details on each path of the game including third path dlc (I actually think this one might be a English source) http://serenesforest.net/2015/04/29/4gamer-interviews-fire-emblem-team/

Various character names and details which was first leaked in Famitsu http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-if/characters/

That's just stuff from the front page of the site and that's not including the three trailers and translations done by fans like shadowofchaos which reveal even more details. As far as pair up and the combat system alot has been infered several screens show paired up units on both sides and that the combat systems while mostly familiar has a few additions like ice magic and such. Yeah I'd say its been covered pretty extensively. Also keep in mind the game is coming out very soon in Japan and then the floodgates will truly open and everything will be pretty much spoiled a year in advanced prior to the Western release so they got to try to keep some things a suprise or give people some reason to try the game for themselves.

But why is there no ad for the supports convos? They are a big part of the game so why isn't anything shown for this?

and the pair-up power up gameplay? Why isn't here any gameplay?

For the support convos I'm pretty sure they want some suprise to be in the game. When the game is released in Japan in like a month it won't be long thereafter until people get into the script and start translating the supports. If your question is whether they'll be in or not I think its a safe bet to say it will be alot like Awakening's system.

As far as pair up nothing official but several trailers and screens show units paired up in battle to include enemy units I think its safe to say that it will be back as a core mechanic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgug0cnXJsA&spfreload=10

This guy goes over several of the details in the famitsu issue detailing FE if including Pair up

3k0suCE.jpg

Here's a screen from the game where you can see both friendly and enemy units paired up and it pretty much functions the same as it did in Awakening. The Fire Emblem Wikia also stated that it would return in the same way that it did in Awakening.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Pair_Up

Hope this information helps for whatever you are looking for.

^ thanks, now I can see the pair up battle system now. Hopefully there will be support convos and longer ones this time!

There will almost definitely be support conversations.

I don't have any proof, of course, but they were a major component of Awakening and IS would screw over a lot of fans by not having them. At the least, there are support level indicators, so that's a good sign (unless they do a Radiant Dawn... oh gods, no).

The reason they've not been advertised is probably because A) it's too early and B) it's probably unchanged from Awakening.

BTW, weren't Awakening's conversations long enough?

My theory was that they were waiting for the Codename STEAM release in Japan. It's on the same system, by the same company and are both strategy games. It released a few days ago, so maybe...? It's probably more wishful thinking than anything though.

That video up there is pretty good, although the frame used for the Hinoka discussion was a bit questionable.