Butler and Maid classes

dragonlordsd

On a side note, I noticed people mentioning how Henry's character was changed in the Awakening localization; how did they change Henry? Will that happen in this game?

The change is most obvious in Olivia's support. Particularly these lines...

Olivia:

I see now... Your cheerful demeanor is just a mask you use to hide your pain. You use it as a cover to tamp down your deep=seated resentment and anger...

Henry:

That's what all my psychiatrists said. But nope! Not true. I'm just a happy guy.

Henry is a stepford smiler in the Japanese version, the localization pretty much removed it. (Though Henry's conversation with Inigo in the DLC still acts like the Japanese version)

Henry

There, there, Inigo. It's okay. See how much better it feels to let it out? I used to keep things bottled up inside me too. I didn't know how to feel. It wasn't until I met your mother that I figured out what a real smile was. So now you need to let me put a real smile on YOUR face. It might not happen right away, but you have to promise to let me try.

Also, Henry didn't do puns or have the obsession with blood in the Japanese version.

A more specific write-up:http://amielleon.dreamwidth.org/213760.html

Edited by L95

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those were his best features. I like the american henry better. He made awakening for me. Japanese Henry sounds incredibly bland. And boring.

Agreed. When Henry showed up in that cloud of crows and started dropping puns all over Chrom...I thought to myself, "This guy, this guy knows what's up!"

^ yeah henry. Ha, funny thing really, my sister just finished chapter 13 a few hours ago, so i had fun keeping track of where she was by when she laughed and which ones she would point out to me. I just knew she would bring up "the talk". Ah life is full of funny little coincidences isn't it.

So is there no hope for female butlers? Probably not since I don't think Intelligent Systems will do male maids...

you'll get the latter in fanart, at the very least. guaranteed.

American Henry still has the best line about the origins of Zombies in any medium ever. Besides Inigo's ladies man routine is far better at pulling the Step forward smiler than Henery, since Henry has more of a super-villain origin than anything close to a well adjusted person could have.

So is there no hope for female butlers? Probably not since I don't think Intelligent Systems will do male maids...

Female butlers would be AWESOME!!!!!!

Sorry, I just think that female butlers are really, really sexy. Yeah, I'm just weird like that.

Also, I agree that Henry had the best line about the origins of zombies ever. Other favorites: "I generally disarm people by cutting off their arms. But that works too!"

Edited by dragonlordsd

If any guy has the ability to be promoted/reclassed to a maid he will never be anything else in my runs.

If this means every guy on my team is a maid so be it.

I just wanna see them in those ruffles.

I just realized Robin would have a complete WTD against Maids and Butlers.

Female butlers would be AWESOME!!!!!!

Sorry, I just think that female butlers are really, really sexy. Yeah, I'm just weird like that.

I completely agree with this message.

You know what's very disapointing ? No Sakuya expy. :p

And even if there was, they would never be as great as her.

...Please, surprise me game.

Edited by B.Leu

I more excited to see the concealed weapon rather than the actual classes. Tho seeing it with those class seems interesting. I imaging like a butler or a maid in like assassins creed style assassination with a hidden blade and it just seems like it'll be awesome.

I find it interesting that the Maid class (or at least Felicia) has the exact same skills as the Troubadour class from Awakening. I wonder what that means for Troubadours or whatever their equivalent is in this game...

I find it interesting that the Maid class (or at least Felicia) has the exact same skills as the Troubadour class from Awakening. I wonder what that means for Troubadours or whatever their equivalent is in this game...

Maybe it's because Hoshido doesn't have a Troubadour equivalent? Felicia follows you no matter what and Elise is essentially a troubadour.

I wonder if maids/butlers are going to replace tricksters...they seem to be kinda similar.

Probably, and ninjas seem to be at least slightly based on assassins as their map sprites are similar.

With thieves also changing to be bow-locked now, it seems their class tree is completely different. I wonder if they have new promotions or just don't promote this time.

I just realized Robin would have a complete WTD against Maids and Butlers.

Robin: Hidden Weapons... Now that's strategy..