Picture from Famitsu's 27th of May showing. [New and Exclusive Characters!]

Rizziah

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, May 27, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, May 27, 2015 - No reason given

I'd think Japanese people are better equipped to name classes using elements of their own goddamn culture than you.

Go White Knight somewhere else. It'd be a pain to see Social Justice Warrior garbage here of all topics.

Edited by Mayus
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete with cut-in closeups of his giant shit-eating grin.

"FOR GREAT JUSTICE!"

Harold is just the best thing. The best thing! I cannot wait. His face, his pose...hes the best.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, May 27, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, May 27, 2015 - No reason given

Go white knight somewhere else. It'd be a pain to see Social Justice Warrior garbage here of all topics.

That wasn't white knighting, fool. Thor was pointing out that Japanese people, making a game that has a setting based on Japan are far more qualified to come out with names for classes than you are.

OH BOY HERE WE GO

Glad to see we have names for characters now. Time to go through the pics and such and see if I need to update the VA thread.

Am I the only one who thought Hinata was an Anna when I first saw him? (the preview of the picture was in a low res so that's probably why) Anyway, from what I see the characters look really promising, and I really wanna see where they go when you interact with them in game, specifically at certain points where you're on the opposing side and have to fight them (especially with Oboro things considered).

Do you also complain about Knight being unmounted? Valkyrie being put on some magic class rather than Flying Horse With Spears aka Falcoknight? Troubadour being a masculine name (of a bard, I might mention, not healer) put on a female-only class?

Sure, Samurai did often fight mounted, but it wasn't like they didn't fight on foot either. It's not an exclusive or there. If we wanted historically accurate samurai straight into a FE class they'd be like, OP as fuck since they had literally every weapon but magic anyway. Also guns. Maybe it's time to bring back Master Knight.

So it's white knighting to tell you that, IDK, Japanese developers are allowed to take liberties with their own culture? okay

I really want to know the exact reason Orobo has that ridiculous smirk on her face. There has to be a narrative reason.

...actually are cut-ins confirmed to return in this game?

Oh gods, i really hope they are. Cut-ins are amazing. They are likely to be a thing.

I really want to know the exact reason Orobo has that ridiculous smirk on her face. There has to be a narrative reason.

It's cos she's thinking about Takumi's hot bod.

Either that or she just really loves killing Nohrians. I for one wouldn't mind another Henry as long as she gets some character development out of it.

So, I was looking at the Severa card in the scan...

Is her sword like... a cube? it doesn't have a blade to it, it has a face like a square, lmao

EDIT: looking at it again, I can see how it can be a blade, but my mind keeps reading the edge as a flat face and not an edge.

Edited by L95

I can determine this so far:

Hinata: Ichiki Mitsuhiro

Oboro: Sasaki Nozomi

Rinka: Ishikawa Yui

Tsukuyomi: VALSHE

As for the Nohrians, all three seiyuu seem to be new?

or I'll just use this THANKS BRUH

if you have names for the Nohrian seiyuu that'd be sweet

I am loving Harold already. Hero of Justice archetype plus crits all over the place.

Seriously, his personal skill is basically to ignore enemy luck, plus he can promote to Berserker meaning he gets Gamble and/or Wrath and on top of that dual support bonuses. He's a killer Axe away from being the second coming of Rutger.

I think you meant the second coming of Gon-gon, aka Gonzales. With no luck and axes, Harold is bound to never be super precise, so it fits even better than it already should.

c.) If they do give us the skills of the class as long as the level number is met, users will abuse this system and just use 2 or 3 parallel seals in succession after the unit hits level 10 unpromoted to get all the skills in their unpromoted tier, and do the exact same thing of using 2 or 3 parallel seals in a row when the unit hits level 15 promoted.

Assuming that you'll have access to enough Parallel Seals at that point. Your unit has to level up some time.

But this scenario does seem the more likely one. Another one would be that when you use the Parallel Seal you simply gain all the previous skills of that class, although I hopedoubt they'll make it that easy for us.

Do you seriously believe the samurai were required to fight on foot?

Yeah Musashi did all his duels on a horse I'm sure and Nobunaga never developed foot tactics that outright countered the Takeda calvary, (sarcasm). Actually learn army tactics and how duels operated before you say something like this. Especially of a culture you probably lack knowledge of.

Come on guys, we need crit cut ins and kickass gba style crit animations!

Considering one of the ninja's did some sort of disappearing act as their attack animation, chances are quite likely. I really hope they didn't recycle the bad myrmidon animations; Kazahna's normal attack still seemed to mirror FE13's myrmidon attack.

That's what it looks like so far. It seems characters simply get one two skills from an unpromoted class and two skills from a promoted class.

As others have mentioned, there may be a method of getting missed skills or perhaps the return of skill scrolls. Otherwise why would we have 6 skill slots for everyone? Hey maybe Second Seals still exist but in limited quantities so only a few characters can reset their level a gain more skills .

You're right about that. The whole 6-skill-slots thing would be pretty pointless without at least one level reset.

What I don't get is why this wasn't mentioned with the whole Master seals + parallel seals talk, unless the level-reset item isn't a seal at all, but a one-use staff or an ancient artifact/scroll/totem-pole thing that the famitsu writers didn't think of grouping together with the other skill-changing seals.

What the parallel seals might be for is for changing your stat growths to that of a different class until you reach level 20 after you get your level 10 or level 15 skill. (For example, say I wanted Stahl to have the speed growth of a myrmidon, but I want the skills of the cavalier. I have have Stahl get 10 levels of myrmidon stat growth with cavalier skills -without affecting internal level (possibly)- by parallel sealing him at level 10 and leveling him up to level 20.)

Furthermore, parallel seals might allow us to pick and choose specific skills from different classes, given that they are all gained at a different level. Say that I wanted Luna (level 5) and Galeforce (level 15). I can get Luna at level 5 on greatknight, parallel seal to Dark Flier, and then get Galeforce at 15.

So depending on the number of parallel seals they give us or how the player decides to use them, this can be either highly strategic or highly cheaty.

Edited by squkyshoes