Nintendo Direct 31st May: Possible FE if info?

VincentASM

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a perfectly fair description.

Suddenly Phoenix Mode likes a lot more sense. It's a way for those who play for dating sim elements to breeze through the boring strategy sections to get to the hot village-building, Pokemon-training, face-rubbing, bath house-hopping action.

Gross.

I don't see how any of this new stuff makes the strategy sections any less strategic or enjoyable.

I don't see how any of this new stuff makes the strategy sections any less strategic or enjoyable.

It's change. Some people don't like change.

He's just being salty with the old "they're turning muh Fire Emblem into animu" routine.

Well for starters, I'm going on a wild assumption that what I just said is true, even though if you translate some of the trailer and new castle video, it hints at it being optional. Do you seriously think its going to be mandatory to go to a bathhouse after every mission to see some useless dialogue? Secondly, I didnt say to just ignore what they dislike. I said the option is in the game and they can use it or don't, there's no reason to complain about it.

It could build supports, give ressources or whatnots. A preview of barracks wouldn't exactly have looked like it was of any importance, and yet you could get some pretty good items/exp/temporary stat boosts/support points from it. It was hardly something you were meant to ignore.

Also no matter how you turn it around, you're telling them to stop, for questionable reasons. At best it will annoy them even more, and only good things can come out of that right?

It doesn't. Feplus just can't accept that people could enjoy either or both aspects of the game. He's just trying to force some kind of division as if players can't like both the village building and the strategy parts of the game.

It doesn't. Feplus just can't accept that people could enjoy either or both aspects of the game. He's just trying to force some kind of division as if players can't like both the village building and the strategy parts of the game.

Don't put words in my mouth. It makes you look like a child who cannot handle criticism.

Your reading comprehension is poor. I have said nothing about If's strategic component (in large part because we still don't know much about it). I have explained in detail why the new dating sim elements are poor inclusions.

You are free to disagree. You'll look more credible if you explain why with evidence and argument.

It's change. Some people don't like change.

He's just being salty with the old "they're turning muh Fire Emblem into animu" routine.

But it's not even influencing the strategy sections. I mean I didn't really like Awakening too much, because of the Pair Up system which was directly influencing the gameplay. Now patting someone on the head inbetween missions isn't really anything that makes or break the gameplay. Of course anyone can feel free to like or dislike this feature, but it's so unimportant I can't really understand when somebody doesn't like the whole game because of it.

Edited by Lusankya

I have no problem with this. Like you said about the strategy, we still don't know much about this at least not until we get full translations of the videos related to this. I'll wait until I know everything about it and how it plays into the game before I make judgement.

Just watched the Felicia/Joker video. My Castle actually looks pretty awesome.

The only questionable thing being the weird face touching thing, but at least that appears to be all inclusive? I can call my swole bros up to my room after a relaxing bathouse sesh and stroke their beautiful faces.

Any links to other stuff from the direct? Like the amiibo stuff?

Also that was literally Severa in the trailer, didn't IS say there would be some fun nods for fans of Awakening? I wonder is some of the children will show up all grown up. She even had Cordelia's hair color.

Edited by Weebos

So this is where a portion of the Devs' efforts and resources have been spent on.

I'd prefer sharing war stories over a campfire to build supports. Given the war-centric theme of FE, something like that would fit better than face rubbing.

The dragon thing, is it subject to permadeath?

It's only been two hours and it's still early in the morning on the weekend (in the US which is I believe where most of our translators live) We'll have to wait for more stuff.

It could build supports, give ressources or whatnots. A preview of barracks wouldn't exactly have looked like it was of any importance, and yet you could get some pretty good items/exp/temporary stat boosts/support points from it. It was hardly something you were meant to ignore.

Also no matter how you turn it around, you're telling them to stop, for questionable reasons. At best it will annoy them even more, and only good things can come out of that right?

Well I mentioned those details in the first post I made but alright sure lets just put it at that.

And also, what questionable reasons? I only stated that nothing comes from complaining about an optional feature thats in the game. I don't see how itll annoy anyone even more..

Unnamed units:

eCE1gms.png

The most interesting part is that the second one has a slightly different stance than Oboro(the legs mainly), and a dark dragon statue can be spotted above her, so... new class from Nohr maybe...?

Just seen the blue-haired archer comment... this seems like an archer from Hoshido, and we've already seen the blue maid in a 3D maid model, so I doubt that.

Edited by Cysx

But it's not even influencing the strategy sections. I mean I didn't really like Awakening too much, because of the Pair Up system which was directly influencing the gameplay. Now patting someone on the head inbetween missions isn't really anything that makes or break the gameplay. Of course anyone can feel free to like or dislike this feature, but it's so unimportant I can't really understand when somebody doesn't like the whole game because of it.

Critical thinking exercise. Please point to where I argued:

1. the dating sim elements "influence the strategy sections"

2. the dating sim elements "make or break the gameplay"

3. the dating sim elements mean I "don't like the whole game"

Calling Fire Emblem a "dating sim with strategy on the side" strongly implies 2, if not 1 and 3. How is it a dating sim if that's not the core of the gameplay?

You agreed with the statement "the series has evolved into a dating sim with strategy on the side".

If the inclusion of a small side feature somehow shifts the whole genre of an SRPG, then obviously you think it influences the strategy sections. And unless you like Fire Emblem being a dating sim then you also basically said 2 and 3.

Edited by Lusankya

Well I mentioned those details in the first post I made but alright sure lets just put it at that.

And also, what questionable reasons? I only stated that nothing comes from complaining about an optional feature thats in the game. I don't see how itll annoy anyone even more..

Well, whatever really. It doesn't matter much. We don't know if it's optional in any meaningful way, that alone makes it questionable. I'd like to leave it at that if you don't mind.

Edited by Cysx

There's good change and then there's bad change. A good change in fire emblem if is the story which looks to have a huge impact on the gameplay and with a popular mangaka as the writer I think the story will be much better than awakening's. However, a bad change in fire emblem is the introduction of the marriage system. This caused the fanbase to get many "otakus" who argued over the best girl in the game and in fire emblem if, these "otakus" are being attracted again and the devs are appealing to them much more than before and this is bad change.

Calling Fire Emblem a "dating sim with strategy on the side" strongly implies 2, if not 1 and 3. How is it a dating sim if that's not the core of the gameplay?

You agreed with the statement "the series has evolved into a dating sim with strategy on the side".

If, continuing with the trend Awakening started, emphasizes dating sim elements. This has become a new focus and has brought in a major new audience.

This is obviously true.

It does not imply that dating sim elements make the strategy elements worse. (It does mean that the strategy elements have become less important to the team's design goals.)

It does not imply that dating sim elements make the gameplay awful.

It does not imply that dating sim elements ruin the entire game (although it might for some).

Please do not imagine I said things that I did not say.

Edited by feplus

There's good change and then there's bad change. A good change in fire emblem if is the story which looks to have a huge impact on the gameplay and with a popular mangaka as the writer I think the story will be much better than awakening's. However, a bad change in fire emblem is the introduction of the marriage system. This caused the fanbase to get many "otakus" who argued over the best girl in the game and in fire emblem if, these "otakus" are being attracted again and the devs are appealing to them much more than before and this is bad change.

You realize most of those "otakus" aren't serious about that, right?

Also,

>Implying that there weren't waifu arguments before Awakening

I will repeat the question i think somebody asked asked you earlier. What series have you been playing?

I seem to remember marriage in fire emblem before.

Thinking that "best girl" and shipping are a thing that only came up after Awakening. This guy has clearly never seen the fanart/fanfiction side of FE fandom.

Don't put words in my mouth. It makes you look like a child who cannot handle criticism.

Your reading comprehension is poor. I have said nothing about If's strategic component (in large part because we still don't know much about it). I have explained in detail why the new dating sim elements are poor inclusions.

You are free to disagree. You'll look more credible if you explain why with evidence and argument.

You've already claimed contradicts the goals of Nohr. Which was to give the player a more challenging campaign with limited resources. From what we've seen nothing we've seen in the footage really does that. The castle appears to generate materials used for cosmetics and acts as the item/weapon shop for the game. It didn't dump funds on the player and the devs already said the Arena does not reward you with funds or EXP. So far it appears to be an expanded version of the preparations menu.

You're being pretty weasely with how you're presenting your opinion, mixing in some statements and claims about the game.

I could not be less happy about it. Every new inclusion looks dreadful.

1. Face-rubbing is awkward and creepy and stupid.

2. Bath house trips and dressing characters in their underwear is shameless fanservice.

3. The Lufia 2-style Capsule Monster system doesn't jive with Fire Emblem's design.

4. Since we see Nohr characters during the My Castle video, that leads me to believe it's present in both versions. And My Castle utterly contradicts the goals of Nohr.

5. I don't want to play dress up, IS. I don't want to take my busty sister and dress her with a joker hat and fox tail when I'm trying to take over a country.

6. Speculative, but it appears traditional shops have returned, which is bizarre given how If handles weapon durability.

Tremendously disappointed.