Nintendo Direct 31st May: Possible FE if info?

VincentASM

Okay, Ike and Marth look amazing. Robin and Lucina being the same IS kind of sad, but...I guess it's not too bad. I do still like their portraits anyway.

I wish there was a way to import your own Robin, but probably too much work for such a minor thing.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lolwut level 40 Felicia. RIP Second Seals.

9MVy0QI.png

With 20~29 HP? Wut? And how many Movement does she have there????

Okay that does make it a bit better. The mechanic is still weird, but it is just to gain some extra support points (Nothing very significant or something that couldn't be done without the weird petting mechanic)

They could just implement random conversations like Awakening's barrack system to gain to support points. Why would you need to physically touch your guest? That's just disturbing.

Edited by Ryo

They could just implement random conversations like Awakening's barrack system to gain to support points. Why would you need to physically touch your guest? That's just disturbing.

true, but it isn't as bad as people first fear (aka less important/shoved in your face)

hopefully it would be less random than awakenings barracks convos

9MVy0QI.png

Nice catch!

They all have seemingly infinite movement, it's probably showing where they can be transported to for... some reason. HP is... a thing. Maybe they're all put at max level so that they cannot get exp through this...? That would be weird as well admittedly...

Edited by Cysx

true, but it isn't as bad as people first fear (aka less important/shoved in your face)

hopefully it would be less random than awakenings barracks convos

Not really.

It's not forced, which is nice, but there is a strong gameplay incentive to face-rub often. Especially on Nohr. Support bonuses are important, so squeezing the most out of that mechanic means setting aside some time to rub some faces.

9MVy0QI.png

I always had a feeling Maid/Butler are a little too character specific for just anyone to promote into, so maybe the game will be treating them like Laguz. High level caps, no promotion.

Maybe it's a cultural thing that doesn't translate well?

I don't think we're paying enough attention to the fact that you invite people into your room so you can rub their faces while they blush. That's some Love Plus level shit.

I have a feeling that Cavalier is going to be sooooo good. Can't go wrong with an availability cavalier that's on both routes.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Even in Japan, I'm sure that rubbing someone's face is weird and less normal than just talking to them.

Well there's the concept of skinship to describe physical intimacy (not necessarily sexual, just close relationships which culminate in physical interaction.) It can be used to describe the intimacy between lovers, friends, or family members. It's Japanese and (I think) Korean as well. It's a concept and not taken as literally as this or TMGS, for example, but it's there all the same.

I have no words. wtf

I would complain about how weird and fan servicy rubbing people's faces are (and no you can't use the Ephraim Eirika support as an excuse because they're siblings) but if it means that we can rub Harold's manly face then whatever man its cool

Just pretend you pat them on the shoulder or hug them.

But I don't want to do that. Also I'm not Kamui. I don't have hidden dragonpowers.

Edited by Cysx

I have to say, this escalated rather quickly over two games.

I saw this and thought of the "Well, that escalated quickly" meme

I mean it really got out of hand.

I have no words. wtf

I would complain about how weird and fan servicy rubbing people's faces are (and no you can't use the Ephraim Eirika support as an excuse because they're siblings) but if it means that we can rub Harold's manly face then whatever man its cool

(Fun fact, the face rubbing in FE8 was a translation thing anyway, Ephraim pats her head in jp land)

Pretty sure the developers just played Pokémon X and Y and thought to themselves that this might be crazy enough to work.

I hope it's at least only for people you have romanced, as it makes...well, I don't want to say make sense, but I feel like it would be considerably less awkward...somehow.

I do want to know why there are three hearts though. Maybe they're just for people in dire need of a face-rubbing.

What an absolute waste of amazing 3D models on some pandering(oh how I hate this word) garbage as face rubbing. I dont want to be one of those guys, but the FE franchise is going somewhere I'm not willing to follow.

I for one am happy about the amount of work that IS is putting into this game. Although there are probably some things that they screwed up on, I appreciate it a lot. New weapon mechanics, castles, Severa 2.0???! I love it. And I hope that everyone else appreciates at least the hard work that they're putting into this game.