Nintendo Direct 31st May: Possible FE if info?

VincentASM

My initial thought was that Luna was a self aware einherjar, which I mentioned previously, but the idea that's she's actually the new timeline version of Severa makes a bit more sense and I actually like it quite a bit. As HeroMystic said, Luna does look slightly younger, but that could just be art style.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Belka looks like a Wyvern Rider and Crimson looks like a Wyvern Lord, and since Camilla's sprite is different from both of them I think Revenant Knight might actually be the Axe + Magic Wyvern mount some people have theorized

Ahahahahaha!!!!

This is genius. Absolute genius. I never thought that I would be caressing the faces of all my allies in a Fire Emblem game. I eagerly await for the English version of this; I can't wait to hear all the hilariously awkward dialogue in the "My Room" segments.

Bathhouses too!? Camilla with a jester hat AND foxtail? This is too much.

Well, I probably shouldn't tell my friends that I'm getting this game, else they think I was a raving lunatic.

On a positive note, since it is seen that Male Kamui has the option to interact with both male and female units in my room, it shows that there could be the possibility to be intimate with same-sex units? There was a heart icon by Suzukaze. That's good at least.

Also...

...there is a new Dark Mage named Odin who looks pretty cool. I hope he's decent-looking.

Edited by Leif

So let's say I started with Hoshiido and faced a Streetpass team who went with Nohr. If I defeat that Streetpass team, then I can recruit one of their characters. Now let's say I decide to recruit Elise. Can I only recruit one Elise? Does Elsie have supports with Kamuii now? Does this feature make it possible to recruit every character in the game regardless of side? Or is the recruited Elise unable to support and do the other things that" Nohr-start-exclusive" Elise can do?

It is a completely different world. Luna's most likely using the appearance as a call-out to Severa. I wouldn't look into it any deeper than that.

Her design is closer to Severa than anyone else's to an Awakening character though. Her quote in the trailer also suggests that the Avatar resembles someone that she knows, something said several times in Awakening's DLC while comparing Robin with Kris, the previous avatar. It could all be a big in joke without serious implications, but they specifically chose to show her for the first time with that quote...

Well, what Kozaki likes to do when making character designs is to have various body parts (hairstyles, eyes, mouths, etc.) drawn out separately so he can mix and match them when tasked with making new designs.

It seems that he favors long haired girls -- he has drawn quite a few of them such as Lucina, Cherche, Aqua and Shoko Ozora (Liberation Maiden) and Kozaki has stated before that Lucina is his favorite character to draw in Awakening.

Basically heard all of this info from his interpreter in a panel at Otakon 2014 (Kozaki was even taking requests to draw some characters for people!).

Point is that perhaps some of the parts lined up that looks near identical to Severa or that he likes Severa's design and knew that she does have some fans so he went with that for Luna.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Face. Rubbing.

Excuse me, I though we were talking about Fire Emblem, not Pokemon. I'm just seeing this already, Kamui, god of face rubbing on Tvtropes. Clap clap.

Petting pokemon, okay, no problem. Petting humans ? Go home and play love plus, you're drunk. That's taking the friendship is magic message WAY too far.

The idea of My Castle, I have nothing against it, though it does seem like a needless pain in the ass, no one complained about Awakening's menu, no ?

Hopefully, Luna is, well, Luna, and not Severa coming from another world thanks to a multiverse bull.

And lol, Severa being one of the most popular character... *shake head*

Edited by B.Leu

Is anyone going to mention the part where Kamui is buying generic enemies? look at 9:10.

This is literally what I came here looking for since it seemed to me to be the most significant bit of all this lol. Nobody's talking about it, but I'm wondering if you can purchase units for your streetpass team or hire generic mercenaries to fight with you. (Remember how your army would be filled out with generic units in Shadow Dragon if you got too many people killed? Maybe this is something like that, or maybe it'll be the way for us to get staff/rallybots in lieu of spotpass teams.)

Edited by DMac

What an absolute waste of amazing 3D models on some pandering(oh how I hate this word) garbage as face rubbing. I dont want to be one of those guys, but the FE franchise is going somewhere I'm not willing to follow.

Agreed, oh so much.

My castle, as an idea, is a good one. Bath houses is something I could do without. Dressing up characters... no thank you. And the face rubbing... ugh.

Is anyone going to mention the part where Kamui is buying generic enemies? look at 9:10.

There were NPCs shown during a My Castle Skirmish (they even had a specific "NPC Phase"), so it could be you can buy them and place them in your Castle to assist you.

Anyway, who else saw Cyrus land a crit on our good ol' friend, the Mouth of Truth golem?

EDIT: As for the Luna stuff,... if so, please tell me it won't be just Awakening pandering.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

Luna,being Severa and mu *insert male character from Awakening here* real child,and not Severa from the future(the one they actually had) seems so awesome! I love it,just make it another continent,also,in Awakening we are shown other continents which are just place holders,so we don't know which continents they were,and it was never figured out.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38511 It's a Serenesforest link,btw,if you couldn't tell.

So Hoshido and Nohr can definitely be set in the same world as Awakening,which might be the "nod" to Awakening they were talking about.

Just for reference, can I get a link to the results?

EDIT: So Lucina, Owain, Inigo and Severa,huh?

So Lucina is in because of Amiibo, Luna is identical to Severa and that Nohr Merc has Inigo's sprite. Oh boy.

.......my katana hand twitches

IF is reminding me of the Persona series link supports( mostly 3 and 4). And people loved them. I guess this is how Shin Megami fans felt towards the persona at first.

Except Persona does not have anything as ridiculous as face rubbing. And a bunch of other things I could say but let's stay in topic.

IF is reminding me of the Persona series link supports( mostly 3 and 4). And people loved them. I guess this is how Shin Megami fans felt towards the persona at first.

I'm more reminded of the bizzare jump from Valkyria Chronicles 1 (war-torn story) to Valkyria Chronicles 2 (High school hijynx ahoy!).

Just watched the video.

(Maibe it had already been said but) I think Norh will have the MyCastle thing because you can see a shop selling westernized weapons.

I like the idea of building and upgrading your shop. I really like how you can customized Kamui (anyone for the dragon ear?)

But I regret the face touching thing. It looks like the support dialogs will go in the same way of the Awakening one (didn't enjoy those)

sorry for the bad frenglish.

Holy shit I died laughing when Joker got his face pet.

It would have been more hilarious if it was Harold instead.

(Maibe it had already been said but) I think Norh will have the MyCastle thing because you can see a shop selling westernized weapons.

I was going to say because Harold was shown in there at all.

But face rubbing aside it looks pretty neat, so.

They do not look like generic characters ! ( sorry for poor quality ! )

They seem like an Hoshidan archer and an Hoshidan lancer, both generic to be frank.

Reference?

ATNPpet.jpg