Charlotte - Competing with Camilla for Attention

dragonlordsd

I actually love this personality, it's usually used for villainesses which turn out to be my favorite characters in games/books/movies. The design fits the character as well, the doll phase with the erotic pose adds excellent detail to the character. Even if you don't like it, it was well made. Plus, a female fighter. Not some sort of healer, mage, or any female-dominated class. MORE POWER TO THE LADIES. Say what you want, but she's more of a feminist character than most of the women in the entire FE series.

I don't think the design fits at all. It really seems like they randomly attached a class to her.

I actually showed my sister Charlotte and Sonia from FE7.

All she got from Charlotte was that she was a fighter of some sort, but couldn't give any specifics.

She immediately recognized Sonia as a seductress that manipulates others for her own gain.

Also why does she use axes? There is a hidden weapon type in the game and it would have perfectly reflected her seemingly innocent but actually dangerous personality.

An axe is huge and intimidating, the exact opposite of what she wants to appear.

I cannot call her a feminist character at all because she continues the video game industry trend of pointlessly sexualizing female armor designs.

Edited by Shrouded In Myth

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving a chick an axe doesn't really make her a feminist character.

Just sayin'.

yeah we have had a female with an axe for over 19 years now, sure Lachesis could use every other weapon as well, but she could still use an axe. I guess Machyua who promoted to hero with axes and swords nearly 16 years ago might fit better though. But i still think getting rid of gender lock was good and a step in the right direction. But still using axes doesn't automatically make her a feminist character. i do think charlottes design fits her though. She also make me chuckle that she ironically has more armour than every fighter except Harold, and debatably Vaike. From the fighters i remember any way. (5-13)

^^ why did you mention them? I was talking about armour not how much they covered up and as you metioned i see no armour, Nolan,Boyd and othin (his look leather though). had shoulder pads. But that is all i remember.

Edited by goodperson707

honestly, shirtless axe fighter has really only been done with...vaike

Basilio, Hawkeye and Dieck! Don't forget them! Someone will make sure you don't.

In all seriousness, I think they just have this fixation with Conan the Barbarian-like appearances when it comes to their fighters. It is sexualization in a way... but it appeals more to other dudes and hypermasculinity lol.

Which is still bad. Just not quite in the same fashion as doll-like female fighter with the titties on display.

^^ why did you mention them? I was talking about armour not how much they covered up and as you metioned i see no armour, Nolan,Boyd and othin (his look leather though). had shoulder pads. But that is all i remember.

Fair enough, I guess.

Do the battle sprites count? Cuz the promoted one has the shoulder pads!

I wouldn't be surprised if she was, tbh, since Nohr seems to favor pre-promotes more than the other route.

But now I'm curious about what she's gonna wear in her pre-promote form if she isn't.

^ i am fairly certain that it says on the official website that she is a fighter. And her map sprite looks like one too.

Edit there are better translators on this site than me who say she is a fighter, but the text of her class, matches Harold's pretty definitively. I was being sarcastic when asking if she was promoted btw. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by goodperson707

^ i think she might already have thigh-length boots funniely enough, there is an image of her in battle on beniot/armour guy's page. It is really small and low quality, but it think i see skin on her upper legs.

Basilio, Hawkeye and Dieck! Don't forget them! Someone will make sure you don't.

In all seriousness, I think they just have this fixation with Conan the Barbarian-like appearances when it comes to their fighters. It is sexualization in a way... but it appeals more to other dudes and hypermasculinity lol.

Which is still bad. Just not quite in the same fashion as doll-like female fighter with the titties on display.

i can hardly call a mercenary that has an E rank in axes when he promotes, an axe fighter.

i forgot about hawkeye being shiftless tho

honestly, shirtless axe fighter has really only been done with...vaike

most of them wear abit of armor or just cloth shirts

Yea you forgot about those nameless GBA!fe brigands

I don't think the design fits at all. It really seems like they randomly attached a class to her.

I actually showed my sister Charlotte and Sonia from FE7.

All she got from Charlotte was that she was a fighter of some sort, but couldn't give any specifics.

She immediately recognized Sonia as a seductress that manipulates others for her own gain.

Also why does she use axes? There is a hidden weapon type in the game and it would have perfectly reflected her seemingly innocent but actually dangerous personality.

An axe is huge and intimidating, the exact opposite of what she wants to appear.

I cannot call her a feminist character at all because she continues the video game industry trend of pointlessly sexualizing female armor designs.

Thats the thing.

Charlotte doesn't look like a seductress,if she looked like one,then that would destroy her facade as a cute innocent girl.

When you look at Sonia,you instantly recognize her as a seductress,if she wanted to seduce someone,then she would flirt with the person.

Charlotte however plays the sweet innocent girl to seduce someone and no one would fall for that if she looked like Sonia.

Charlotte being a fighter and not someone who uses hidden weapons(also I am pretty sure that she is gonna be able to do that too if you switch classes),represents her actual person.She is agressive and would use brute force in a conflict(and of course it also serves as a big contrast to her appearance,just like her personality).

I think people are really overplaying her personality. Yes, she's a gold digger and her cute, sweet image is just a facade for a more crude personality. That doesn't make her a psycho, and these traits are likely going to be exclusively used for comedy.

This isn't about in-universe logic (although I wouldn't call anyone who's a mercenary innocent) it's about how well her design communicates her character. It doesn't, at least not her outfit. The only thing that communicates her supposed innocent personality is her facial expression, body language and bow.

You look as Sonia and you know her role in the story, you look at Charlotte and you can't tell at all.

Also if she reclassed to a class that uses hidden weapons that would actually be pretty clever. The fact that she uses hidden weapons is in fact hidden. It would be even better if she has a weapon rank in it.

Throwing my two cents, I love Charlotte. I was not expecting such a hyper feminine design for a fighter, a traditionally masculine class. The contradicting nature tickles my fancy.

Additionally she is the only design I like out of everything so far. Everyone else has way too many lines/ focus points, it's such a mess.

Edited by Chalis

I am both excited and concerned about how they'll write her character. If they play it primarily for laughs, I'll be disappointed. It can be funny for a little, but I think it should be more than just a joke.

Her character seems really interesting, though, much better than Vaike.

I am not bothered by her design. It bears similarities to the male one with not wearing very much, the only difference of course is that she's not completely ripped. Well, at least that part has more of a character reason to it, and Rinka is totally muscular, which I approve of. Pretty much all of the females looked rather dainty in Awakening, so... eh.

I wonder how her stats will be set up in contrast to other fighters. I assume she may have higher speed and resistance, though I'm not sure if she'll have more luck or skill.

I wonder how her stats will be set up in contrast to other fighters. I assume she may have higher speed and resistance, though I'm not sure if she'll have more luck or skill.

It's going to be very difficult to have less luck than Harold

This isn't about in-universe logic (although I wouldn't call anyone who's a mercenary innocent) it's about how well her design communicates her character. It doesn't, at least not her outfit. The only thing that communicates her supposed innocent personality is her facial expression, body language and bow.

You look as Sonia and you know her role in the story, you look at Charlotte and you can't tell at all.

Also if she reclassed to a class that uses hidden weapons that would actually be pretty clever. The fact that she uses hidden weapons is in fact hidden. It would be even better if she has a weapon rank in it.

Overall I wouldn't even say that Charlotte and Sonia are really the same character type.

Yeah they are both seductresses,but Charlotte is more of a bi*** in sheep clothing/fake cutie ( http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BitchInSheepsClothing which isessentially hiding an awful persnality under a nice facade),while Sonia is more of a femme fatal/honeytrap.

Edited by BlueLore