Level Limit

SonPancham

Its possible theres class tiers and Felicia's class doesnt promote. Either way, its interesting. Guess we will have to wait on more info.

Actually, I think it's been confirmed that Maid is the promoted form of Rod Knight.

I'm crossing my fingers that they finally got rid of the lv20 cap. Resetting a class to lv1 is one of the finest examples of making things unnecessary complicated, especially if the cap was so ridiculously low to begin with.

Edited by BrightBow

Hmmm... Maybe special classes go to level 40, like how Awakening's special classes went to level 30?

If the level cap is raised to 40, I'm interested in seeing how that impacts the game.

Maybe they've gone back to Jugdral with a level limit which was 30. Instead it is now 40. Dunno how skills will be learnt.

Side note. The symbol on Felicia's sprite probs means shes a support based unit. Takumi and Ryouma have a sword symbol.

Edited by SonPancham

Actually, I think it's been confirmed that Maid is the promoted form of Rod Knight.

Speculated, not confirmed yet.

Its possible theres class tiers and Felicia's class doesnt promote. Either way, its interesting. Guess we will have to wait on more info.

This is my guess. I don't think the game's length really suggests it being possible to reach lv40 promoted unless you grinded for a million years.

When I first saw this I thought the level had something to do with "My Castle" and not necessarily her in game level. She looks like she has a bag symbol by her so maybe that's like her gathering level or something like that.

Speculated, not confirmed yet.

This is my guess. I don't think the game's length really suggests it being possible to reach lv40 promoted unless you grinded for a million years.

I reckon maybe they gave maybe Felicia and Joker bigger exp gains to compensate for them not promoting. But them being promoted units is still speculation.

I reckon maybe they gave maybe Felicia and Joker bigger exp gains to compensate for them not promoting. But them being promoted units is still speculation.

Didn't the parallel seal in Famitsu confirm that they are promoted? Joker was level 9 but could reclass into great knight, Paladin, and Strategist.

It is speculation with a strong basis though. But i would like to know why they both promote to strategist and have rod knight skills if they are a special class.

I would also like too know why they could parallel seal at level 9 to a promoted class or why they would use a special class to show off parallel seals .

Edited by goodperson707

When I first saw this I thought the level had something to do with "My Castle" and not necessarily her in game level. She looks like she has a bag symbol by her so maybe that's like her gathering level or something like that.

Maybe it has something to do with the level of the "player"? Like the player has a ranking for accomplishing stuff in the game and your whole team is marked by that level? Kind of weird to put it on the character themselves but it could explain the super low health. maybe maids are terrible units

Didn't the parallel seal in Famitsu confirm that they are promoted? Joker was level 9 but could reclass into great knight, Paladin, and Strategist.

Being able to use two weapon types and having base movement of 6 as an unmounted unit certainly makes them sound like promoted units. All we know for certain is that Felicia and Joker can Parallel Seal into Strategist. Rod Knights might have their own promotions.

I'm crossing my fingers that they finally got rid of the lv20 cap. Resetting a class to lv1 is one of the finest examples of making things unnecessary complicated, especially if the cap was so ridiculously low to begin with.

This would be nice, actually. Didn't FE4 do this too?

This would be nice, actually. Didn't FE4 do this too?

Yeah, the level cap was 30 in that game. You could promote starting with level 20 and you would still be lv 20 after promotion.

And the promotion bonuses were exactly as high as the difference between the caps of the two classes, so you didn't have to worry about missing out on stats because you promoted too late. So if you managed to capp all your stats as a Cavalier, they would still be capped after promotion.

Tear Ring Saga also didn't reset levels The level cap was 40 and promotions could be done starting with level 10.

However, a first tier unit could usually only reach lv20 without a promotion. A promotion would add +20 to that limit, so if they promoted at lv10, they would be able to reach lv30 and if they promoted at lv20, they could reach the max of 40. Classes who don't promote and Lords could reach lv30.

Also, there were items that would raise a unit's level cap regardless of class. So you could actually have a first tier unit reach lv40.

I like the TRS system, I just wish they would have allowed all units to reach lv30 in first tier like the Lords can do, so you wouldn't be in such dire need of promotion items.

But it was confirmed in the Famitsu article about class changing that promotion resets your level to 1...

Therefore, I'm going to guess that A) Maid is a non-promotional class and thus gets extra levels, or B) Level caps are now raised/gone.

Probably A, if you ask me.

Edited by Aethin

We've yet to see a second seal type item that resets levels to 1 while changing classes, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they upped the promoted levels caps. Since, while getting rid of dumbass second seal mechanics makes sense, you'd probably still want to be able to not miss out on the chance to max every stat for post-game or multiplayer or other things like that (I always recall FE11's multiplayer where most people used the clock to manipulate RNs and max stats).

So, I'd think 20/20 would still be the expected end-game for the main campaign, if you even reach that on everybody, whereas they've uncapped the promoted levels or raised the cap to 20/40 or something similar to allow stats to be maxed without dealing with hidden "real level" values or all the other bullshit introduced by second seals, which unbalanced everything really. It also would fit with their goal of making the game easier to play on a casual level since stuff like low level caps got annoying in, say, FE9.

Edited by lysander