You think Bravely Second will "delay" this game?

I'm pretty sure Bravely Second will come out after Fire Emblem If

Are you sure? BS got localization hinted at before FE IF's localization announcement…

This is Square Enix and Nintendo wouldn't want to mistreat its biggest 3rd party developer?

Are you sure? BS got localization hinted at before FE IF's localization announcement…

This is Square Enix and Nintendo wouldn't want to mistreat its biggest 3rd party developer?

I'm sure that BS won't delay FEif. Hell, I'm pretty sure they'll be worked on by different translators. So I have little belief that it will delay the game.

Didn't Nintendo have to localize Bravely Default almost entirely on their own? If history repeats itself, then Nintendo will have the mixed blessing of 8-4 doing localization for FEif. I feel like Nintendo wouldn't release them too close together, but I'd say BS (the most unfortunate abbreviation since BBCS:EX) would get shunted to a later release, say February for FEif, April for BS.

I'd be concerned about the fact that two possibly major 3DS titles catering towards the JRPG fans releasing so close together if I were Nintendo. However, considering that we're talking a first-party game by Nintendo vs third party, and the amount of time that has passed between the two games' localization announcements, it's more likely that Bravely Second will come out later in the US.

Or Nintendo just makes Christmas come super early in 2016.

^ What?

BS was hinted for localization well before FE IF was announced for localization. BS is most likely to come out before FE IF in both NA and EU regions. This means FE IF will be "delayed" till sometime after. "Delay" as in not truly delayed since both games have 2016 but just coming out "later" due to BS coming out "earlier".

Unfortunate position for FE IF… so sad.

Well, Bravely Second has been complete for longer than FE, Nintendo's publishing/localizing, and generally speaking Bravely Default outsold Awakening over the initial launch period and didn't have a Smash Bros boost. Also, BS is one game while If is 3, I wouldn't be surprised if BS was localized first simply due to the lesser scope, and a similar interest level across both titles, though honestly, I want FE first.

There's a slight difference between Bravely Second: End Layer and Fire Emblem: if. That difference is that Bravely Second is already out in Japan, whereas Fire Emblem: if isn't. I wouldn't be surprised if Bravely Second comes out first, as it's been out for longer and the localisation has been teased for a while now. Meanwhile, Fire Emblem:if isn't out yet, and a localisation hasn't been teased yet.

But... Bravely Second is not "delaying" Fire Emblem: if. That is complete and utter balderdash.

Also- 2016 is going to be a good year for 3DS RPGs. Bravely Second, Fire Emblem:if and Etrian Untold II: The Knight of Fafnir. I'm gonna be so broke after this...

3 things

1st why would Nintendo prioritize a 3rd party title over their first party title

2nd we were never given the month or quarter when FE if would come out. Your just assume it's February because Awakening came out that month.

3rd who told you that there would be a delay, if you're going to say that have the information to back it up

It makes sense one game would delay the release of the other to avoid cannibalizing sales. While the gameplay is different, they share a similar audience. However, Nintendo of America will probably prioritize the release of FE first. It's a first party game, so they'll want to give it the optimal release slot of February. However, it is important to note that Bravely Default sold better than Awakening during its first month of release in the US (200,000 units versus 180,000). Either way, 2016 is going to be a good year for JRPGs on the 3DS.

3 things

1st why would Nintendo prioritize a 3rd party title over their first party title

2nd we were never given the month or quarter when FE if would come out. Your just assume it's February because Awakening came out that month.

3rd who told you that there would be a delay, if you're going to say that have the information to back it up

Technically, BS is first party in North America...

"Delay" maybe confirmed. Bs just received localization screenshots.

Goodbye sweet feb 2016 release. Long wait for this game. Way too long.

Even if Bravely Second's localization is finished before FE's, FE still might be released before it to optimize sales. There's really no knowing what will happen.

Even if Bravely Second's localization is finished before FE's, FE still might be released before it to optimize sales. There's really no knowing what will happen.

I agree with that, games are a lot like movies, they're finished long before they're released and most of the time prior to release is spent tweeking every thing before it's released. I imagine Nintendo's Treehouse has been working on translating it alongside Xenoblade chronicles x for the past few months.

Is Bravely Second gonna be localized without the use of a "Director's Cut" for Japan? Like how the first one did with "For the Sequel"

From what I've heard, there are no plans for another "Director's Cut" this time.

I agree with that, games are a lot like movies, they're finished long before they're released and most of the time prior to release is spent tweeking every thing before it's released. I imagine Nintendo's Treehouse has been working on translating it alongside Xenoblade chronicles x for the past few months.

Boy....Xenoblade Chronicles X and Fire Emblem If at the same time.

Two games where the scripts probably feel like they're never ending.