Uhhhhhhhhhh...

Nym

This is basically my reaction while I was watching and after I watched the video about ''My Castle''.

OK to be fair, the video was alright. The cafetaria part made me laugh so hard (I like Felicia's japenese voice) and the presentation was really well done thanks to our two ''hosts''.

But some features are so weird. Like the ''Fire emblem-amie part''.

OK let's make things clear: I know this is optional and I DON'T hate it.

But seriously, you , the main protagonist and the ''master''of this army, will invite A GIRL to go in your OWN room. If this is not weird or awkward, I don't know what to think of it ( plz don't tell me I was the only one who thought about... unsuitable stuff when they showed that).

Oh and even if you are a girl who invites a guy, a guy who invites a guy or a girl who invites a girl, this is weird no matter what the gender.

Why weird? Because you could say '' This is for planning a strategy for the next battle''. Well it's not the case... you touch their face.

I hope you can ONLY do this if you have at least a B support with that person (because for me C support is: I know you a little bit, B is: I know you well now and A is: I know you very well now. Of course it's depend of the characters).

And by the way, I don't think touching a girl's face when you are not in love with her or her father, is alright (I guess? unless I missed something the last 5 years and I only speak for opposite gender.)

Like you can touch the forehead or the hair of Sakura or Elise because they are your little sisters but I don't think this is alright to touch her cheeks or lips (again I guess? I have no siblings, I can only use common sense).

''I'm honored to be direcly touched by you.''- Harold, 2015 ( Credit to shadowofchaos's video. I don't speak japenese yet.) Ladies and Gentlemens, the quote of the year. I think I made my point.

Maybe I put too much heart into just a video game but I can't help myself.

Oh yea, I almost forgot, the hot springs's quotes. Another thing really awkward.

Are you agree with me or not?

but you can touch harold in his big dumb face now, no downside

I heard a theory in a similar thread that maybe Kamui is an embodiment of a dragon god they all worship or something and it's an honor to get their face rubbed by him.

Honestly, the hot spring quotes are only awkward because of cultural differences. For example, when Tsubaki offers to wash Kamui's back, he is doing it out of brotherhood and respect.(a Japanese tradition.) The face rubbing is pretty odd, but I'll just image that they're talking,reading,etc. with each other instead.

Well, if I may make an extremely tasteless joke... it makes sense at least for Hoshido, if you know history, and what Hoshido is based on. Concubines and the like.

Edited by blah2127

Nah, the hot springs make sense. Japan => Onsen is normal. Hoshido => Japan. So Hoshido => Onsen is normal. You have five min to copy that.

But that rubbing system, I agree with you, I mean, 'I'm honored to be touched by you' ? I'm... puzzled.

...At least, Harold doesn't have that pedo-grin during this mini-game, in fact he is rather fabulous

Edited by B.Leu

Isn't it supposed to be like you're healing their wounds or something? It's a weird feature to be sure but I don't mind it too awful much, plus I get to touch Cyrus' face. :D

And as for the hot springs bit it makes sense for the Hoshidan side, I'm just curious how it'll work on the Nohr side or if they'll have something completely different.

All I can imagine is this conversation:

Felicia: Joker, Lord Kamui requests your presence in his quarters!

Joker: NO! Oh god please, no!

Felicia: What's the matter?

Joker: Don't make me go back there! Please! You can't let him do this!

Felicia: Joker, what are you talkin--

Joker: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!! He... He does things to me... Terrible things...

Felicia: I'm sorry Joker, but he's the prince. You can't say no.

Joker: No! I'll do anything! Please! You have to help me!

Felicia: Joker, let go of me! Gunther! GUNTHER!!

(I like Felicia's japenese voice)

So this is a joke topic, right? I can go home?

Hot springs are a cultural thing, nothing wrong about it, really.

Yeah the face touching thing is kinda weird but I really feel like people are freaking out over stuff we literally know nothing about :/

Sophie: But I really like her voice, no joke :(

Yeah I guess that make sense about the hot spring for Hoshido but about Nohr... maybe because they are invading Hoshido, they would use the hot springs too. Otherwise... yeah.

Oh yeah and Kamui just walk up on Kashana in the hot spring. Oh well, we already know that seeing someone of the opposite gender who had no clothes seems to improve your battle skills with that same person for some reasons...

Edited by Nym

I'm wondering if they'll change its presentation in the localization so that the implication is that they are merely chatting instead. I mean, for all we know this could make some level of sense in japanese culture, but in western culture I think it's best they change it to something more… understandable? Relatable?

All I can imagine is this conversation:

Felicia: Joker, Lord Kamui requests your presence in his quarters!

Joker: NO! Oh god please, no!

Felicia: What's the matter?

Joker: Don't make me go back there! Please! You can't let him do this!

Felicia: Joker, what are you talkin--

Joker: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!! He... He does things to me... Terrible things...

Felicia: I'm sorry Joker, but he's the prince. You can't say no.

Joker: No! I'll do anything! Please! You have to help me!

Felicia: Joker, let go of me! Gunther! GUNTHER!!

All relationships are strengthened with a little semi-erotic face rubbing, though. I invite my friends over for it all the time.

"Hey, guys, wanna come over and han--"

"No, Respite. This has to stop. Don't touch my face. You are friendshipping wrong."

I'm wondering if they'll change its presentation in the localization so that the implication is that they are merely chatting instead. I mean, for all we know this could make some level of sense in japanese culture, but in western culture I think it's best they change it to something more… understandable? Relatable?

It wouldn't surprise me if they changed it to "Tap/Rub the touch screen to have a conversation!" or something of that ilk. It won't stop the comics or complaints though.

Edited by Cerys

POMF =3

Elise: Wah! What are we going to do on the bed, Oni-chan?

Kamui: Increase our support rank.

Edited by NekoKnight

I honestly like Felicia's JP voice but I'm not surprised that other people may not like her JP voice, especially if they didn't like Sumia's JP voice. What may not help matters with the haters is that Felicia, based on what I've seen so far, is supposed to be a moe maid.

^ and that wasn't in Medieval Europe?

Nope. Polygamy, after all, is the work of Satan. If you do it you shall be burned at the stake to purge the sinfulness from your body.

I am head cannoning the face rubbing is a weird Emperor Nero level obsession born of being half man, half dragon, and 100% a royal SoB.

This is kinda my headcanon too. At least for my Male Kamui.

Nope. Polygamy, after all, is the work of Satan. If you do it you shall be burned at the stake to purge the sinfulness from your body.

yah officially, how about unofficially? also it does not only take after medieval Europe marx has laurels for example.