Do You Think Non-FE Amiibo Will be Compatible?

The Geek

Exactly what the title says. Now I don't expect to get full on recruitable characters like Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina (though it would be pretty awesome if you could get Link or Shulk into your army), but maybe we could get special weapons or maybe a themed streetpass team with classes that resemble characters from that game (ie: putting in Shulk would get a team comprised of generic units with classes and skills that correspond to the playable characters in Xenoblade).

Thoughts?

Exactly what the title says. Now I don't expect to get full on recruitable characters like Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina (though it would be pretty awesome if you could get Link or Shulk into your army), but maybe we could get special weapons or maybe a themed streetpass team with classes that resemble characters from that game (ie: putting in Shulk would get a team comprised of generic units with classes and skills that correspond to the playable characters in Xenoblade).

Thoughts?

It would be cool, I'm not sure if they'd do that. But your idea with like Shulk would be pretty neato.

Lol Shulk in FE... And you guys thought Robin and their kid were OP!

I doubt it, but it's possible they might do SOMETHING with them. I mean I could at least see something like, scanning a Link amiibo nets you a Master Sword and a Hero's Bow? *shrug*

Scan Wario and recruit him. You now have lol farting fat man with you. His skill is waft and it stuns all adjacent enemies from moving on their next turn.

Edited by kingddd

Lol Shulk in FE... And you guys thought Robin and their kid were OP!

I doubt it, but it's possible they might do SOMETHING with them. I mean I could at least see something like, scanning a Link amiibo nets you a Master Sword and a Hero's Bow? *shrug*

Bowser gives you a Firebreath Tome, Mega Man gives you a Shadow Blade, Peach gives you her hair as an accessory... Well... maybe not that one...

Peach can give you the tennis racket (sword), golf club (lance), or frying pan (axe), not all, just one. That'd be awesome. Zelda I could see giving you a "Din's Fire" tome.

If anything, it'll be like in Hyrule Warriors. Scan the amiibo and get a random weapon or quantity of gold.

I'd like that system! Especially characters that have more than one thing to offer, but after a while, you just get random gold.

But I want all of those. Or do you mean one a day?

Maybe like the Hyrule Warriors system that splart said, scan them one a day. Peach might have multiple things to offer, but you get them one a day! I wish we could scan non-Fire Emblem amiibo! We still don't know, but I doubt it.

I was gonna guess that each one nets you a new accessory if anything, though it probably won't use all of the smash amiibos, just the more popular characters. We've already seen that some of the accessories are pretty outlandish, I can see for example: Mario & Luigi hats, Mega Man helmet, Link hat, Pikachu tail, so on and so forth.

Edited by Kyza

As awesome as having my Link and Toon Link amiibo fighting for me would be, I'd be happy with a themed weapon. Ie Master Sword.

...Since my amibbo are two versions of Link, do I just get two Master Swords?

I always said I'd get a Shulk Amiibo and Link Amiibo just in case they decided to make them work with the newest FE. Those two seem the most likely tbh.

Zelda kinda works too though, so could shiek with hidden weapons. Pit is also kinda a possibility but i don't see it. The rest use un likely weapons and or a size that is hard to work around.

Shulk: Gives Monado. Breaks game.

Amiibo win-the-game DLC.

It better not be the first version of the Monado or else it wouldn't hurt any physical being. :P

Mega man gives metal blades a hidden weapon type

Sonic gives a blue wind wind tome

Mario and Luigi both net fire flower fire tomes

Any version of link nets the master sword

Zelda nets dins fire

Sheik nets a Zelda themed hidden weapon

Samus nets an ice beam wind tome

Bowser nets a dragons flame tome

I doubt this will happen but it would be cool if did

It better not be the first version of the Monado or else it wouldn't hurt any physical being. :P

[spoiler=BIG XENOBLADE SPOILERS]That doesn't matter. The first version of the Monado was only unable to harm Homs and other beings created in Zanza's likeness. The characters of FE:if are not Homs or High Entia.

On topic, I don't think non-FE amiibo will give you anything major, if anything at all. Maybe they'd work like FE13 event tiles in which you find some random item or get some EXP or a boost, if they are compatible at all.