This week's (4th June) Famitsu scans are up

probably If's streetpass features will be a nice reminder to bring my 3DS with me when i travel

.w.

BURNING FLAMES.. Just like KAMINA'S SOUL.

heh,

THE BURNING FLAMES OF PASSION

granting speed and strength at the cost of defense

Well, judging by their positions in the shop lists seen in the screenshots, 七難即滅 (which I'm honestly not sure how to translate) would have to be its Hoshido counterpart, but it's way more expensive and only has 2 uses. So if they're both status staves, I guess the Hoshido one would have to be a lot more dangerous.

But then again, I can't really think of any status effect powerful enough to warrant blowing 1900G on for each use, so maybe the 七難即滅 is some sort of AoE-staff, like Fortify?

if Hoshidos equivalent is something of a healing staff, then that would be pretty nifty

like Hoshido is supposed to be the peace loving side, so it would kind of make sense their super rad staff is a healing/debuff staff

but like i said, more info down the line

Edited by Shockmaster

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only worry is that the My Castle feature will be dependent on Streetpass. I really do hope it's just random visits by internet, almost like the PSS system in Pokemon.

That'd be ideal, letting you still streetpass the traditional way if you want, but also giving you the option to just go online and get a random selection of other people. Streetpass was alright in awakening since it was a really minor feature, but comparatively at least, My Castle is huge. We've got everything from battles against other players and minor items all the way through to additional characters. Hopefully IS will be smart enough to realise that essentially locking huge numbers of people out of that simply because streetpass only works in major cities in Japan would be a bad idea.

Edited by capmalachi

Boy that Nohr dragon is looking pretty, uh, evil...

About the streetpass concern: how many of these features have need for interacting with other players? Not that many: the castle defense battles, recruiting from other teams, visiting other castles for random items and maybe unique minerals, and that should be it. Interacting with your own characters, the farming and arena gameplay, shops, archive, forge, cooking, face-rubbing etc all seem pretty self-contained.

Hehe, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw SoC's translation. Nice to see a fellow Suikoden fan here.

I'm not the only one! There are a few others. I've only played the first one, been meaning to play the rest.

^Except you can only get one type of food from your castle.

And only one major type of material too right?

Plus, recruiting the other game's characters and getting their weapons and items is actually pretty enormous, assuming they can used in the main story. Even if they can't it's still pretty big. It's a big feature, and it'll be a big loss if you need to streetpass physically to use it.

Edited by capmalachi

Plus, recruiting the other game's characters and getting their weapons and items is actually pretty enormous, assuming they can used in the main story. Even if they can't it's still pretty big. It's a big feature, and it'll be a big loss if you need to streetpass physically to use it.

Despite that I don't think I'll actually recruit people from the opposite side in my first run, for canon sake if you will.

But yeah its a big deal, and I hope it has friendlist functionality at the VERY least.

Despite that I don't think I'll actually recruit people from the opposite side in my first run, for canon sake if you will.

Eh, maybe, maybe not. Honestly that's one of those things where I'd be surprised if it happened, but I've been surprised by so many other things in this game already that I don't want to just dismiss the idea. Either way though it's still a much bigger feature than awakening's streetpass battles.

Edited by capmalachi

But yeah its a big deal, and I hope it has friendlist functionality at the VERY least.

Hopefully. That would mean those who are importing their 3DS or FE:if copies have access to communities such as SF don't need to worry about Streetpass. In a way, this would make it feel like Animal Crossing, except without the direct contact.

Looks like Nishiki's fox form is shown in the last page, above his portrait.

YESSSSSSS I am so happy that he's a 'proper' fox rather than the bunny monstrosity that is Panne/Yarne... Freeze seems interesting as well!

I do hope Nishiki isn't Hoshido exclusive though. I will be very sad if that's the case...

Hopefully. That would mean those who are importing their 3DS or FE:if copies have access to communities such as SF don't need to worry about Streetpass. In a way, this would make it feel like Animal Crossing, except without the direct contact.

so like the dream function but with more options and can get codes from people I'd be fine with this.

YESSSSSSS I am so happy that he's a 'proper' fox rather than the bunny monstrosity that is Panne/Yarne... Freeze seems interesting as well!

I do hope Nishiki isn't Hoshido exclusive though. I will be very sad if that's the case...

It unfortunately looks like he is Hoshido-only since he just has the red rectangle underneath his portrait while the other characters who aren't exclusive(ex: Felicia) have the red and purple rectangles

Edit: Although Streetpass will let him join you most likely.

Edited by BeartholdtFubar

^Except you can only get one type of food from your castle.

Well, like Vincent said, one of the screenshots shows Aqua picking up some soy beans (and presumably giving them to the player), so I think it's safe to assume you can get more types of materials than just the one you can harvest directly. Perhaps the 'specialties' are only a subset of the available materials?

Oh, and it also seems like there's a 'mineral exchange' feature (it was shown very briefly in the My Castle trailer) that will let you trade 5 of one kind of mineral for 1 of a different kind. So one way or another you'll probably be able to acquire most if not all of the materials without streetpassing. It's probably just going to take more effort/time.

I have to agree that friend list compatibility would be really nice though!

Edited by Icy Toast

Well, like Vincent said, one of the screenshots shows Aqua picking up some soy beans (and presumably giving them to the player), so I think it's safe to assume you can get more types of materials than just the one you can harvest directly. Perhaps the 'specialties' are only a subset of the available materials?

Oh, and it also seems like there's a 'mineral exchange' feature (it was shown very briefly in the My Castle trailer) that will let you trade 5 of 1 kind of mineral for 1 of a different kind. So some way or another you'll probably be able to acquire most if not all of the materials without streetpassing. It's probably just going to take more effort/time.

I agree that friend list compatibility would be really nice though!

Alright, should be interesting regardless!

I'm not the only one! There are a few others. I've only played the first one, been meaning to play the rest.

Cool. Be aware that the games escalate in length a bit with each progressive title. The fifth game is especially notorious for it (incidentally, the length is also why while I want to go back and replay the entire series, I keep putting it off >.>).

This is my main concern, although the food is a distant secondary. I guess it'll come down to just how important having a variety of materials is to doing the upgrades.

Hmmm, actually, reading over Vincent's translation, the Dragon Vein points are a bit of a concern too, since I recall them being mentioned with relation to terraforming map terrain too.

Oh, and it also seems like there's a 'mineral exchange' feature (it was shown very briefly in the My Castle trailer) that will let you trade 5 of one kind of mineral for 1 of a different kind. So one way or another you'll probably be able to acquire most if not all of the materials without streetpassing. It's probably just going to take more effort/time.

Hmmm, interesting. Five-to-one seems like a pretty big rip-off ratio, though. But I suppose I'm be willing to accept that if I get to choose what I'm trading for.

Nice work.

Anywhos with the bit about local specialties coming to light on top of the Nohr and Hoshido exclusive crops/minerals I sincerely hope there's an Avatar Logbook type of deal. Assuming they don't take this entire ordeal online which would be preferred. Then again adding something like that would make it much more akin to Animal Crossing with the soft resetting to get the right specialties.

Edited by Cerys

Then again adding something like that would make it much more akin to Animal Crossing with the soft resetting to get the right specialties.

Unless you don't get access to My Castle until after chapter 6, and your specialties are set at the start of the game. That would be a heck of a reset!

I'm just going to remain hopeful that IS will be smart and let you use the internet to get My Castle data from other players. It's such a simple solution to basically every problem, and more and more games have been doing it lately so there is a precedent.

Anyway, going back to Nishiki a second, I just really hope he's actually useful. Let's be real here, the manaketes in awakening were pretty rubbish as a class, mostly because they were locked to one range. Hopefully the overall nerfing of 1-2 range weapons will balance things out better, but I just want the game's shapeshifter to be more than a gimmick character. I don't need him to be amazing, I just don't want to feel like I'm wasting him by leaving him in his base class.

You know going back to the My Castle thing, the setting buildings up and going from an overview to a 3D view reminds me A-LOT of one of my favorite PS2 games.

Dark Cloud.