Soo..prisons

Eveangaline

I wonder if we can recruit Nosferatu and Mouth of Truth this way?

I'd guess those are the non-boss characters you can't recruit, while it can be used to recruit unique enemy characters who aren't bosses.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh. Think of the items they'd be holding. Can we take the items along with units? Not need to worry about spending on generics that basically for nothing but to dive bomb.

You could do so in FE5 if I'm not mistaken.

I wonder why only Zero and Orochi can capture people. Is it their personal ability?

Not sure. Gonna have to keep them WAY leveled up so I can be sure to capture everyone without them dying.

Zero's an archer right? I forget what Orochi is.

^ zero is a thief who uses bows, and orichi is a spell-caster..

I guess I can see those both being good capturing classes. A thief probably knows how to tie someone up and a spellcaster probably has a few spells that can bind people.

It'd be kinda funny if using the ability has a special animation where you just see a cartoonish fight cloud until they come out of it with the captured person tied up and Orichi or Zero looking victorious.

Is anyone else concerned that limiting the Capture command to these two characters will make capture difficult and unreliable? Think about it. If they don't good level ups (or you just prefer to use other units), a whole mechanic will be locked out. And how about their ability to defeat the enemy? Will it be difficult to capture high defense units for Zero and and high resistance units for Orochi? It seems awfully arbitrary that only those two characters can manage non-lethal attacks.

Edited by NekoKnight

Is anyone else concerned that limiting the Capture command to these two characters will make capture difficult and unreliable? Think about it. If they don't good level ups (or you just prefer to use other units), a whole mechanic will be locked out. And how about their ability to defeat the enemy? Will it be difficult to capture high defense units for Zero and and high resistance units for Orochi? It seems awfully arbitrary that only those two characters can manage non-lethal attacks.

I'm guessing that while some units may be capture only, it may mostly serve as a second chance to get units who can be recruited by characters you missed or lost already. So probably lots of the capturable units could also be recruited other ways.

Edited by Eveangaline

OOOOOHH THIS IS EXCITING!!!! So, how many of y'all cavaliers wanna get it? I'll make sure to have room for all of you...YOU'RE ALL MINE!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAA....

...except there IS that issue that a few users brought up. If Zero's the only character who can capture (speaking for Nohr here), it'll be difficult to put in him a good place to get the people you want. Especially if his stats and growth isn't super good, or if the game screws with you and he doesn't turn out well. Hmmm...

^ well with the capture units using bows and magic, feeding them a unit you want captured should not be too difficult in most cases, only real problem is capturing classes that use mainly 1-2 weapons, or bows with a bow-locked zero. Or if you are on the harder/hardest modes of course and even then it should be technically possible, depends on how much defence they decide to give people.

New capture question. Do you think Capture will be used as a way to collect rare weapons? You can't capture bosses (unfortunately) but there are probably generics running about with interesting weapons to take. There's a chance you won't get their weapon...

I wonder how many characters you can have in your prison at a time and if there is a limit to the number you can recruit.

New capture question. Do you think Capture will be used as a way to collect rare weapons? You can't capture bosses (unfortunately) but there are probably generics running about with interesting weapons to take. There's a chance you won't get their weapon...

I'd assume that you get their weapon upon capture, before they're sent to prison. I mean it's not a good idea to have prisoners while they're armed so you need to take their weapons away I'd think. Assuming that capturing means you get the weapons in the first place.

Hasn't it already been established that only generics can be recruited?

Specifically non-bosses so if a unit is not a boss then you might be able to snag yourself your very own Hoshindo/Nohr excursive unit.

Ah, okay That makes sense. But, if thats the case, could we be controlling bvery large armies of generics backed by an elite core of named units? That could lead to some awesome battles.

Ah, okay That makes sense. But, if thats the case, could we be controlling bvery large armies of generics backed by an elite core of named units? That could lead to some awesome battles.

YES, I need this. But they will probably take deployment slots.Hinoka's pegasus battalion will have to remain a dream.

I wonder how long it will take for there to be an official challenge run of doing the whole game with just your main character, the character able to capture other units, and captured generics.

Challenge accepted!

I wonder how long it will take for there to be an official challenge run of doing the whole game with just your main character, the character able to capture other units, and captured generics.

Challenge accepted!

So to answer your question about two minutes.

Captured unit run sounds kinda fun actually, but it probably would be much easier on Hoshido, as you seem to only able to start with capturing 2 units per map, and i think you should be able to capture skirmish enemies.

Captured unit run sounds kinda fun actually, but it probably would be much easier on Hoshido, as you seem to only able to start with capturing 2 units per map, and i think you should be able to capture skirmish enemies.

Source?