Anybody else is gonna have a hard time getting streetpasses?

My Castle is such a cool feature. I would really want to use it often. My problem is that I live in an area where it is very hard to get streetpasses. Hell, one time I took my 3DS to school and a museum before. I came back home with zero streetpasses. My little sister and brother has a 3DS but don't they have to get the same game to have battles?

My Castle is probably would be useless for me.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer again. Ignore my stupid rant. Apparently, there are ways to still use My Castle even if you can't get a lot of streetpasses. Thank you IS!

Edited by Kamui-of-Nohr

However, apparently the material/resources/gems? available to you is limited to one of each type, and to get the other ones for crafting/forging? you need to streetpass with other people and visit their castles (as far as I understand).

So you would still need to streetpass if you ever wanted to forge/do whatever you're supposed to with those materials and I think I speak for most people when that isn't a viable option.

Edited by Vineron

That just seems like it'll be really frustrating that the only way I can get something I want is to either pray to RNG or hope someone near me 1. Has a 3DS 2. Owns Fire Emblem:If (which is likely never going to happen).

I guess it would be better than no possibility at all, still going to suck though. What if I badly want that jester hat on Camilla man

For those of you in America, Barnes and Nobles is a Nintendo Zone. Also, if you live in a bit of a larger area like me, your local mall is also a good place to get streetpasses.

Even in areas where it is difficult to get street passes there are still ways.
For example, in an update at one point I recall them making it so you can get multiple streetpasses from one person. (You also get the streetpasses of people they have streetpassed with).
You can also go to Nintendo Zones, which give you streetpasses.

Living in areas where it's hard to get streetpasses makes it harder, but you can still manage to get them.

Edit: I know that some Target and Best Buy locations have Nintendo Zones, you can find a lot of stores like that in the U.S.

Edited by BluCommander

That just seems like it'll be really frustrating that the only way I can get something I want is to either pray to RNG or hope someone near me 1. Has a 3DS 2. Owns Fire Emblem:If (which is likely never going to happen).

I guess it would be better than no possibility at all, still going to suck though. What if I badly want that jester hat on Camilla man

we do not know how it is calculated yet maybe it runs off something exploitable like birth month or something. Also have they confirmed if someone needs to own if for my castle to work. It didn't work that way in awakening. Also there are items in awakening that are shiny tile exclusive outside of renown I believe and i have a decent amount of those. Edited by goodperson707

>Nintendo Zone

And what if there are only two of them in the entire province, both in the same city which you happen not to live in and have no excuse to go to?

And have only managed to get around 6 tags total from your town/city in the 2 years of owning your 3DS?

/grumpily kicks Nintendo

I think you can pick up randomly the other resource items though. It is just you won't have reliable access to them like the two that are yours.

So long as that isn't resources+weapons+items, similar to Awakening. :x

So i still got a good amount of the exclusive weapons/items. Also i don't think that random weapons will return . So resources plus items that is not that bad tbh. And if you get one you can get another from arena i believe, just don't lose.

Edited by goodperson707

>Nintendo Zone

And what if there are only two of them in the entire province, both in the same city which you happen not to live in and have no excuse to go to?

And have only managed to get around 6 tags total from your town/city in the 2 years of owning your 3DS?

/grumpily kicks Nintendo

So long as that isn't resources+weapons+items, similar to Awakening. :x

you seem to live in the middle of nowhere, surprised you have internet connection lmao

in all seriousness that sucks. I don't particularly have too much trouble getting streetpasses.

I think not having frequent Streetpass access will be more of a bother in this game. If these resources are varied, you will need to meet a lot of people to get a well rounded stock. I don't think I'll have a problem with it personally but I can see the problem of people who live in remote areas and need to travel unreasonably far just to get a few streetpasses. They should have just done it the Pokemon way, via the internet.

I think not having frequent Streetpass access will be more of a bother in this game. If these resources are varied, you will need to meet a lot of people to get a well rounded stock. I don't think I'll have a problem with it personally but I can see the problem of people who live in remote areas and need to travel unreasonably far just to get a few streetpasses. They should have just done it the Pokemon way, via the internet.

IKR? Is it that hard to implement?

^ it is not just adding it in though it is also the execution i am not sure if the features that we have would work well with the internet. I would imagine you would either have to look through a list to find those you want in your castle, or you would just get some random ones when you turn wifi on, they could do friend codes i guess. But it would still make getting recourses including exp in Hoshido much easier than they would be without the internet.

^ it is not just adding it in though it is also the execution i am not sure if the features that we have would work well with the internet. I would imagine you would either have to look through a list to find those you want in your castle, or you would just get some random ones when you turn wifi on, they could do friend codes i guess. But it would still make getting recourses including exp in Hoshido much easier than they would be without the internet.

it could be like bravely default or people can get them selected based on region(pokemon gts style no offering or trading of course) I don't think it would be hard to execute. Edited by pkomegapax

^ so? It is still pretty much just a random team of my-units who you get as many as you can whenever you have wi fi. You see no problems with that?

Never played bravery default so i have no idea what that means.

^ so? It is still pretty much just a random team of my-units who you get as many as you can whenever you have wi fi. You see no problems with that?

Never played bravery default so i have no idea what that means.

so? Its better than getting like no one to show up at all.

For that hypothetical person definitely. for the creators idea of how my castle should work? Probably not. I do not think they want you to swim in resources and exp (for Hoshido) by just turning on wi fi yeah you could get close to that by going somewhere densely populated but still, and it also seems like it would drown out the real street passes.

though i would not mind if they did something similar to join avenue from Pokemon Nohr and Hoshido 2 Black and White 2

I'm really not sure what the problem with getting a random selection of people over the internet would be. Nor do I see how it'd go against 'the creator's intentions' which we don't even know, not to mention that walking through Tokyo would get you literally hundreds of streetpass pings anyway. Somehow I doubt their intentions for the game is that people in Tokyo would have an easier time playing the game than people elsewhere.

The only way this feature isn't going to be completely useless to a huge chunk of players is if IS goes the pokemon route and lets you streetpass over the internet, so I remain hopeful that that is what they'll do. They haven't said that they will, but they also haven't said they won't so for now I'm going to put my faith in them.

I just hope that we'll be able to actually streetpass people from different regions this time around instead of getting generic teams like in Awakening.

I am buying IF for my Girl Friend, my best friend, and myself. then from there if IF is separated into Nohr and Hoshindo then I'll get Nohr and the other 2 copies will be Hoshindo.

Also Mcdonalds let's you street pass people so walk through one and you should street pass someone with either copy of IF.

I hope My Castle isn't completely propped up by streetpass or otherwise long periods of not being able to do anything because you lack the resources/means to get said resources because 1. I'll be importing and therefore won't be able to get any FEif streetpasses anytime soon and 2. Even when I take my DS with me now I hardly get any streetpass hits, let alone any fire emblem ones. I've pretty much got my DS on all day every day at university and around the city and nothin' so I hope My Castle isn't completely wasted on me and I'll have nothing to do.

My Castle is such a cool feature. I would really want to use it often. My problem is that I live in an area where it is very hard to get streetpasses. Hell, one time I took my 3DS to school and a museum before. I came back home with zero streetpasses. My little sister and brother has a 3DS but don't they have to get the same game to have battles?

My Castle is probably would be useless for me.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer again. Ignore my stupid rant. Apparently, there are ways to still use My Castle even if you can't get a lot of streetpasses. Thank you IS!

I would like to point out at least in awakening that they do not need them game for you to street pass them, it will just create a computer generated team. Because the only real team I ever street passed was my sister

Somewhat. I don't walk around with my 3ds much, so i'll probably get streetpass once every few months when we have Brazilia's ds/3ds owners meeting.

Edited by Lawful Angry