Famitsu 6/11 preview/leaks

Ryo

I think you misunderstood me, I'm talking about a potential not!Lucina in the game, which wouldn't be DLC.

I don't think there'll be a Not!Lucina. I expect there'll be standalone character DLC like in Awakening. In that case, we'll probably get a redesigned IF-style Lucina (actually called Lucina though) from there.

Edited by NeonZ

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting if instead of merely exaggerating about his "sword hand" like Owain, Odin really couldn't control his power, which he actually has being a mage and all.

Although I have actually enjoyed the not!Children characters thus far, I think three is enough and I hope they don't add anymore.

Also holy hell do Pieri and Odin's personal skills sound amazing. +4 to 4 different skills is amazing, and just for killing an enemy, something you are usually doing anyway. +10 to crit for having a forged weapon also sounds amazing, imagine giving Odin a maxed out crit tome, and then putting an additional +10 crit on that; you might be able to get a 50% crit rate tome with that which sounds extremely powerful.

Edited by BluCommander

Such DRAMATIC posing!

Haha, are they serious? Odin's personal skill gives him +10 crit when equipping a forged weapon with a name consisting of 8 kanji? This must be the weirdest skill we've seen so far...

That's such an Owain thing to do, though!

Add another tab to the name menu? (or a Kanji search, however it works generally.)

Or have we seen the menu and I'm having the dumb?

There are like hundreds if not thousands of Kanji though.

Edited by Ryo

...yeah? The game obviously isn't going to include all kanji ever.

The most important/common ones still make hundreds. Unless it's advanced enough to automatically turn the kana-combination into possible kanjis (sort of like computer input), or supports hand-writing input, there's no way to include them into a menu tab.

Yeah, but that'd mean that the only thing Hoshido players got from this issue would be Orochi's personal skill, while Nohr gets that twice over and an additional four brand new characters. Just seems rather unbalanced. Maybe the next issue will focus on Hoshido with Nohr getting next to nothing though.

Hoshido has gotten more characters overall, though

Wait a minute, how do we even input Kanji!?? Couldn't you just write with kanas?

Add another tab to the name menu? (or a Kanji search, however it works generally.)

Actually the reforging menu already had a kanji (search) tab in Awakening. If I had to guess I'd say it contained about 4000 kanji, if not more. More than enough to get creative with weapon names, at least!

Actually the reforging menu already had a kanji (search) tab in Awakening. If I had to guess I'd say it contained about 4000 kanji, if not more. More than enough to get creative with weapon names, at least!

Oh, really. Thanks for clarifying.

Funny, Raswald/whatever his name is looks more like Inigo than Luna looks like Several to me...

I guess I'm alone on this.

Pieri looks like she came to battlefield straight from a cosplay competition. Her hair is awesome in how crazy it looks though.

Oh, and another crazy lady from Nohr? Poor nation.

I'm liking the skills the three of them have. The Awakening nods with Odin and especially Raswald are nice. (I was always butthurt about Inigo not being able to class change to Dancer you see)

Prison sounds interesting, hope that's real and useful. Though if Zero and Orochi are the only ones able to capture... That will be bit of a bummer.

Considering Severa never could have the same hair colour as Vura (Selena>Severa, so Luna>Vura) , I actually agree.

And at least Odin as a different class for his counterpart (Why are the most popular unit mercenaries ?)

Nohr's ladies are crazy and have improbable designs (both clothes and haircuts) and/or wear as few thing as possible.

Poor nation indeed.

Edited by Tamanoir

Although I have actually enjoyed the not!Children characters thus far, I think three is enough and I hope they don't add anymore.

I agree that they shouldn't go overboard with any more not!Awakening characters.

+10 to crit for having a forged weapon also sounds amazing, imagine giving Odin a maxed out crit tome, and then putting an additional +10 crit on that; you might be able to get a 50% crit rate tome with that which sounds extremely powerful.

You could already do this in Awakening lol. Ruin, a dark tome no less, automatically comes with a base 50 crit. Not to mention Owain inherently has access to Gamble and Wrath, and will also have Anathema if he has access to dark mage. That's 70-90 crit before factoring in stats and supports :D

Btw Odin has Owain's official hair color and dark mage as a class, Libra!Owain confirmed canon

It would be interesting if instead of merely exaggerating about his "sword hand" like Owain, Odin really couldn't control his power, which he actually has being a mage and all.

Well, his passion is burning so much he have to limit his clothes, so...

My current thoughts of the new characters:

Pieri- She reminds me of the Suicide Squad Harley Quinn, my friend is already waifu-ing her if S-Supports are back(which I'm pretty sure they are at this point). She looks like the type of unit that I find more useful as a different class, which doesn't necessarily make her bad.

Lazward- He isn't as Inigo like as everyone thought, but I still see the resemblance. I wish he was a different class though. I'm really annoyed about how his personality is pretty much a clone of Inigo, really? Likes picking up women & loves dancing *ahem* Inigo *ahem*.

Odin- I really like that Odin is actually a different class to Luna & Lazward(by the way I'm pairing them). I don't know why, but Dark Mage suits him so well. Even thought I get annoyed by the whole clone thing, one thing I need in my life... MY TOME HAND TWITCHES.

One complaint about most, if not all of the Units revealed so far, is there any who weren't a member of the army beforehand? One of the good things about Awakening's units is that they all came from different places, only a few like Sumia, Sully & Vaike were in the Shepherds before the events of Awakening. The only ones I can think of the top of my head are Tsukuyomi & the palace workers(Felicia, etc)

CAPTURE IS BACK! YES ITS BACK!

I'm actually wondering if this could be how you could recruit characters from the other side. Probably not and it'll just be locked to generics, but oh well.

Also with regards to not!Lucina, doesn't Aqua already fill that role at least in terms of design?

And does Odin's dark mage class make Lissa x Libra or Henry canon?