The 3rd path speculation

XialonWind

Judging by the info trailer in the beginning it's show both Nohr and Hoshido then Aqua to the center where her lance glows this can't be a coincidence as to the war truly ending if you pick no one also there keeping the info about it very secure also judging by Kamuis translated dialogue it seems he will be golden on all routes since he wants to try to make the war end without as much force as possible what do you guys this?

Judging by the info trailer in the beginning it's show both Nohr and Hoshido then Aqua to the center where her lance glows this can't be a coincidence as to the war truly ending if you pick no one also there keeping the info about it very secure also judging by Kamuis translated dialogue it seems he will be golden on all routes since he wants to try to make the war end without as much force as possible what do you guys think?

Edited by pkomegapax

I believe the third route will be an alien invasion where first you defeat the aliens, then you use their advanced weaponry to conquer both countries.

If that were done well, I can see it being a pretty good story.

To be serious, I think it will involve you teaming up with the third faction to conquer both Nohr and Hoshido, and you can only keep 1 sibling of each gender alive on each. I would especially love it if you killed both Marx and Ryouma right before they were going to try to help you while you get both Leon and Takumi (I'd like this due to both the chaos and depth it would add to the story and the fact that I will have all three of my favorite characters so far.)

I agree with it being a path where you side with a new 3rd faction, rather than just uniting both parties. It'll likely include some exclusive characters from the other routes, but it won't have everyone- rather than that, it'll have some exclusive characters of its own. The My Castle system seems to be receiving a lot of focus - including communication not only through Streetpass, but through the internet. Yet, a third path where you just got everything would break its balance. So, I guess the third path will be its own thing with its own exclusive content, including characters and classes, but one where you'll also miss some content from the other routes.

Some formerly exclusive characters from Nohr and Hoshido probably will end up there together, but I'd guess that you won't get some other route exclusives or even shared route characters. That way, there'd still be a point to communicating with other players.

If that were done well, I can see it being a pretty good story.

To be serious, I think it will involve you teaming up with the third faction to conquer both Nohr and Hoshido, and you can only keep 1 sibling of each gender alive on each. I would especially love it if you killed both Marx and Ryouma right before they were going to try to help you while you get both Leon and Takumi (I'd like this due to both the chaos and depth it would add to the story and the fact that I will have all three of my favorite characters so far.)

I don't know if any of your siblings would side with you if you killed the rest of their siblings. I mean would hinoka be totally fine if you killed the others?

I don't understand this line of logic that goes "I don't want to to fight against either of my families, I know, I kill them both"

Same.

When you side with Hoshido, you're helping them fend off Nohr's invasion. While you're fighting Hoshido, you're trying to reform Nohr from within. I don't see what fighting both of them simultaneously would accomplish.

The only thing we know about the third route is that at least initially Kamui won't be siding with either Nohr and Hoshido. We don't know what kind of goal he'll have there. It could start by him simply running away from both of the armies when they force him to take a side, rather than staying and fighting against one of them. After that, he can't just return to either faction and then we get our third path.

That scenario could lead to Kamui having to face both factions even if he doesn't want to, with them turning against whoever decides to help him afterwards.

Edited by NeonZ

Kamui would lead an army to destroy them both since they were judged to be unworthy.

Nohr speaks for itself. Hoshido turns out to have a dark secret that sours Kamui away from it, blood ties or not. And so, crush them both for the ultimate peace.

Edited by Alazen

I believe the third route will be an alien invasion where first you defeat the aliens, then you use their advanced weaponry to conquer both countries.

But how will Kamui, using the same inferior weaponry, manage to defeat the aliens? Especially since these aliens would know more about their weaponry then Kamui? That would imply that Kamui's weaponry prior to defeating the aliens was already superior to the aliens weapons, thus negating the need to use said advanced weaponry to conquer Hoshido and Nohr.

Regardless, I personally think Kamui will take a very recruit heavy route for the third path, maybe battling his siblings, but trying his best to not kill them in battle, so he can recruit them afterwards. And of course getting their direct subordinates with them. I suspect Hinoka, Camilla, Elise, and Sakura will probably side with him right away in this case, seeing as they seem to be the four that like him best on either side. In this route, I suspect his main goal is to unify his siblings at the very least. This may or may not lead into him deciding to conquer both countries himself, and unite them as one country.

I don't know how the Nosferatu will tie in to this path, and I can't even guess because, quite frankly, we still don't even know how the Nosferatu tie into the paths we do know about. Unless there is something I've missed.

I don't understand this line of logic that goes "I don't want to to fight against either of my families, I know, I kill them both"

Both of Kamui's 'families' seems very eager to not only ignore his feelings over the issue, but also forcing him into doing a choice he doesn't really have to do, and obviously doesn't want to do. Adding to that, the crapton of skeletons both side have in their closet, it just show how much pathetic the two sides really are, and how much both 'families' care more about their countries than Kamui. I'm obviously not talking about those who join you no matter what.

I'm not speaking of really 'Murder everything, everything', though it would be fun. I just have a hard time thinking of both side as anything other than 'two egoistical crybabies who expect the dragon lolipop to be in their mouths', despite the possible lot of BS they gave to said dragon lolipop.

Ah, am I ever the cynical one. :p

At least, that's what I'm thinking, for now, but this make them easy to not like to me. It doesn't help that the Hoshido/Norh choice is such an obvious poison, it's not even funny.

Edited by B.Leu

I've said before and I'll say it again, I still want it to be like the Destruction Path in Armored Core: For Answer.

But I think Kamui will just beat the shit out of his siblings and then tell them that they're fucking stupid and should totes go fuck up the BIG BAD NOSFERATU DUDES

I don't know if any of your siblings would side with you if you killed the rest of their siblings. I mean would hinoka be totally fine if you killed the others?

They'll probably have story reasons. For example, one of them could join you if you promise to leave their country forever after the war. Another possibility is that you don't kill the siblings until you make your choices, which could make a character unavailable for a chapter or two.

Both of Kamui's 'families' seems very eager to not only ignore his feelings over the issue, but also forcing him into doing a choice he doesn't really have to do, and obviously doesn't want to do. Adding to that, the crapton of skeletons both side have in their closet, it just show how much pathetic the two sides really are, and how much both 'families' care more about their countries than Kamui. I'm obviously not talking about those who join you no matter what.

I'm not speaking of really 'Murder everything, everything', though it would be fun. I just have a hard time thinking of both side as anything other than 'two egoistical crybabies who expect the dragon lolipop to be in their mouths', despite the possible lot of BS they gave to said dragon lolipop.

Ah, am I ever the cynical one. :p

At least, that's what I'm thinking, for now, but this make them easy to not like to me. It doesn't help that the Hoshido/Norh choice is such an obvious poison, it's not even funny.

There's also the "both kingdoms are unfit to lead the world" angle.

I still hope that the 3rd path is some kind of conqueror path. It would be hilariously awesome to play. I don't know exactly how the storyline would work out, though it would have to involve Kamui being significantly different from the nice, friendly protagonist that wants everyone to get along, which would be a nice change of pace for an FE MC.

I still hope that the 3rd path is some kind of conqueror path. It would be hilariously awesome to play. I don't know exactly how the storyline would work out, though it would have to involve Kamui being significantly different from the nice, friendly protagonist that wants everyone to get along, which would be a nice change of pace for an FE MC.

I conquer all of it, force my siblings to fight in a tournement with the results deciding who gets to be my duchess/duke, the higher nobility, the lower nobility and the unlanded nobility.

Last place becomes court jester.

If this world has an Outworld Gate (Potentially so if the characters from other games appear at My Castle are any indication), then I think it's quite possible the third path is a set right what went wrong kind of thing. Where Kamui goes back with knowledge of whoever was pulling the strings (Hopefully, just some nobles instead of another dark dragon cult), to take down those who would bring ruin to both Nohr and Hoshido and stuff.

I'm probably wrong, but it seems possible enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if it composed of recruiting people from both sides, but not all of them. The siblings seem could go either way in that regard.

We'll find out pretty soon, once we see the list of who people can support with "Ah I just got this hoshido exclusive unit...and a few Nohr exclusives are on their support options"

A poster on GameFAQs suggested Lilith will be more important in the 3rd Path. Pointing out that she can be seen with Kamui outside of the castle while a Nosferatu was right there.

Edited by Alazen