So [Smash Leak character] is pretty much confirmed to get an amiibo!

XialonWind

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm neutral on Roy. I mean, I played him back in Melee, but that was, like, 'bout 10 years ago (My GameCube corrupted qq). I've moved on, and since I've actually gotten to play A solid portion of the Fire Emblem series including Binding Blade, it becomes a bit of a mixed blessing. I mean, woohoo go Fire Emblem I'm all for more representation in Smash, but I'm not very fond of Roy as a character and I think that a different character (preferably NOT another Marth clone) could easily fill his spot in the roster.

I mean, hey, Roy was put in Melee before Binding Blade was out in Japan so he could help it sell. Why not do the same thing for If and throw Kamui or Aqua or whoever in there? Phooey.

Why not do the same thing for If and throw Kamui or Aqua or whoever in there? Phooey.

I would've loved this, especially if Aqua was picked. She's so pretty and cute and she uses a lance, not a sword!

I mean, hey, Roy was put in Melee before Binding Blade was out in Japan so he could help it sell. Why not do the same thing for If and throw Kamui or Aqua or whoever in there? Phooey.

While I would have enjoyed playing as Kamui or Aqua in SSB4, there is a bit of a difference between the two situations. Roy was already in the full game that everyone had, so it was naturally free advertising for his game. People who are not fans of FE or have not been following recent news will not know who Kamui/Aqua are, and thus will be much less likely to get their optional, paid DLC, so it wouldn't do as good of a job to help the game sell.

Who knows, there may have been hope if FE:If somehow literally exploded in popularity as soon as it came out in Japan, causing either of these characters to overwhelm the Smash ballot before it finally closes. We're definitely not getting 6 FE characters in SSB4 though

I've been playing melee religiously with friends since its release and Roy has managed to stay one of my mains all this time, so obviously I like him quite a bit. Can't deny he hardly has a place in smash 4, though, for many, many reasons, so I can't even get angry at the people complaining. Leave him alone, he is just a human

As far as If goes, well Marth and Ike both look pretty rad, so I'd be very interested to see him too. Hopefully he doesn't forget to bring the sword of seals along with him this time around.

Edited by Cysx

Well nothing can be done now, I quite look forward to his return. He's my hero after all!

In seriousness, I believe the people who are not convinced by the "don't like don't buy" argument are that way because the resources could have gone somewhere else, I think. I respect that viewpoint, but also hold onto the fact that as it is this way now and done, make the best of it. : )

Really hoping for an Amiibo! Will be a nice figure to have, and even cooler if it has support for IF and other things. (Sigh... that is if it doesn't sell out in a matter of seconds though...)

EDIT: I do feel kind of bad for Sakurai too though, you know, just 24 more hours and it would have come as a great surprise to many. I suppose it is fine so long as people do not become ironic and say "That Sakurai! He had NO surprises this year! Gods!"

Edited by Kirokan

Uh, what? Firstly, you don't need to be rude. Second, I'm saying that the new game isn't giving them any either. It's just reusing their most recent non-Awakening designs.

he didn't seem rude what he meant was that in awakening they didn't have full out models while in this game they will.

They'd likely need to be clones though, especially if you're talking about replacing Roy. That'd be a waste, even if they were clones of someone else. In fact, I think we'd get much louder cries and complaints if they had added a newcomer DLC who was just a clone - especially if they're planning to sell them individually.

Edited by NeonZ

There's a shot of his Final Smash trophy, and it's critical hit again.

imgur.com/NgRKSE2

I think the actual strike looks different from Marth's, but it could just be due to the trophy itself.

Edited by NeonZ

"Actual spoilers"

Saw it on stream, it's his ranged critical/attack from FE6. So it's pretty different.

Edited by Cysx

Roy doesn't deserve to be back in Smash, and that's not salt, it's an honest accounting of what he brought to both Smash and Fire Emblem. Marth, Ike and Robin all bring something unique to the table, but what is Roy besides a clone of Marth and an advertisement for a game that released only in Japan 13 years ago?

Roy doesn't deserve to be back in Smash, and that's not salt, it's an honest accounting of what he brought to both Smash and Fire Emblem. Marth, Ike and Robin all bring something unique to the table, but what is Roy besides a clone of Marth and an advertisement for a game that released only in Japan 13 years ago?

I agree. Sort of. I do believe he doesn't deserve to be back, just like I think it actually doesn't really matter. He's been heavily requested and that's why he's here. I guess his design just appeals to people or something.

At least he has many unique moves this time around.