Fire Emblem FATES!

DualMix

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I think the dub is decent enough but Takumi stole the show with that heck of a deep gruff voice he had. Didn't even know he was talking until I remembered the only guy in the trailer who says betrayal outright.

The English dub version isn't bad but I feel like the Japanese version is superior probably because I've gotten used to their voices in Japanese. I'll probably switch it to Japanese dub because I like it better and it would give me more exposure to the language I'm trying to learn. It's a biased comparison I'll admit.

Edited by Mystical_Ice

They could have had the voice actors do some sort of temporary/placeholder lines that were used only for the trailer. They may use different takes in the actual game.

Regarding the separate versions, I'll definitely download the digital version when I buy the New 3DS XL.

Edited by Leif

Anyone else notice that they seemed to have nerfed Camilla's boobs bouncing in the cutscene where she's walking towards you? There's a glimpse of it at around 1:00 of the trailer.

Ah... my dream seems to be fulfilled.

Told a friend that my favorite part was when Elise seemed to die. He just stared at me. C'mon, is it that weird to want to kill her? She's not annoying or anything, and her voices are pretty good. It's just that... I really want to kill her.

Edited by DualMix

Told a friend that my favorite part was when Elise seemed to die. He just stared at me. C'mob, is it that weird to want to kill her? She's not annoying or anything, and her voices are pretty good. It's just that... I really want to kill her.

''You are not alone.''

Edited by Raguna

Told a friend that my favorite part was when Elise seemed to die. He just stared at me. C'mob, is it that weird to want to kill her? She's not annoying or anything, and her voices are pretty good. It's just that... I really want to kill her.

DualMix

is

The Imouto Killer.

Coming soon in movie theaters near you

DualMix

is

The Imouto Killer.

Coming soon in movie theaters near you

Oh well... -blush- I hope you like the movie everyone. I dedicate my performance to all my imouto's and otouto's out there!

[spoiler=What do I mean by that?]Yandere_guy.jpg

Edited by DualMix

Personally I felt the voices were excellent. The lipsynch was a little weird as is usual for localizations, but the voices themselves were pretty much spot-on. Very impressed with Aqua's singing voice.

The main question is am I going to wind up buying each version of the game twice if they split the release for the west too? I'm totally prepared to buy 6x the normal amount of Fire Emblem but my wallet is going to cry (though I'm unsure if I'll buy Anya version. My Japanese is pretty rusty).

Wait, i can't tell who is talking when they're saying Now, watch it... to the death? Or is it both of them? I can't tell a difference.

But the English VA for Aqua certainly exceeded my expectations, and maybe people can stop complaining about Elise's high pitched voice now that the English VA has been heard.

For some reason, Takumi sounds like David Vincent... or Todd Stone/Haberkton.

Looks like Matt Mercer will be Ryouma... or Marx?

Also, why does Elise sound older than Sakura? I'm confused.

Overall, this dub seems alright.

Garon's ham-tastic voice is perfect for the obviously evil guy he is. His JP voice is also very typical of the role. Not seeing the problem with it.

Elise sounds older than she is, and so does most of the cast. It feels like going back to the 90s dubbing, where 14 year-old chars had voices of late 20s - early 30s voice actors.

I didn't find the dub bad, it's just not particularly attractive. I feel like the only one who liked Aqua's voice.

Garon's ham-tastic voice is perfect for the obviously evil guy he is. His JP voice is also very typical of the role. Not seeing the problem with it.

Honestly? It just doesn't sound deep enough to me. Not enough emphasis for his dubbed voiceover. Just my humble opinion.

Edited by ViewtifulBo

Also, voice acting aside.

There was a hooded figure that looks like Robin that wielded a similar molten sword that Kamui wielded in the Japanese trailer. He's the one who caused that purple spherical explosion, and possibly that person who shot those purple orbs.

Also, I think Mikoto will die without you having to battle her no matter which path you take.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the dubbed voices. It sounds DIFFERENT after hearing the Japanese over and over again, but not bad. The only thing that was weird was Aqua's singing, and I'm already getting used to it.