Genei Ibun Roku #FE E3 Trailer

Which one is Maiko? I'm terrible at remembering names, but that one doesn't sound familiar to me. Someone new to this trailer?

Yep, she's in the new trailer. Glasses chick with big boobs.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone pointed out Jack Frost in the earlier trailer, and I think there were other references, but... I've never played SMT, so I'm not sure. Hopefully we'll be seeing more.

Yep, she's in the new trailer. Glasses chick with big boobs.

...Oh, yeah, I just caught that as I was rewatching the trailer. There's something about her design I don't like either, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Still. Looking forward to this game quite a bit, even though it's nothing like I expected.

Edited by Phoenix_Kensai

Someone pointed out Jack Frost in the earlier trailer, and I think there were other references, but... I've never played SMT, so I'm not sure. Hopefully we'll be seeing more.

well yeah, but there's a jack frost poster in every single game altus makes. i also saw a cache cube from strange journey and gangrel and aversa's design looks fairly SMT-like. i just want some SMT characters and classic demons.

Edited by Nu-Mantia

Haven't played the others on the list, but those four are poor examples. SMTxFE looks to be a typical jRPG with token dungeon crawling, awful and pandering character design, dumb Idol worship, and plenty of sex (rated "mature" for a reason). That is extremely "Japanese," moreso than the games on your list.

Isn't also fire emblem IF/Fates rated M?

I was guilty of preemptively judging the game too (mostly on how it looks more like Persona then original SMT like the teaser implied), but now i'm a bit more optimistic since its its own thing and Atlus and IS are working on it with the director of Radiant Historia. I mean thats a dream team if I ever heard one.

We all did, i mean, we were all expecting something else.

Even the official E3 website said: Is infused with Fire Emblem elements

I'm a lil bit disappointed, i was hoping for something more than a game with infused fire emblem elements...

But i'm still be interested by the game, i mean, rpg, with mecha pegasus, motor-Horses and music (the better it is will be... well, better).

Also i hope one last thing, with the release date (2016), i hope they won't do like Xenoblade Chronicles X where release date 2015 stance for december 2015, almost 2016

If I ever find myself getting a Wii U in the future I will pick up the game. Though as it is right now I'm not gonna buy a console for it though I do like what we have seen(skimpy outfits aside). Even though Tiki just being in the game makes me want to play it really bad.

I really hope we some more Mirages soon though. Hopefully they have some FE7 characters. As unlikely as it is I would love to have a Nils mirage.

Edited by BeartholdtFubar

Not really. There's much more Japanese like games then this lol.

Indeed, and because of that this is looking AWESOME.

Also, Japanese cast:

Itsuki: Judal (Magi: Labyrinth of Magic), Joshua (Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance/The World Ends With You), Wonderful Red (The Wonderful 101), Hyde (Under Night In-Birth)

Tsubasa: Nekone (Utawarerumono 2), Mei Amanohokosaka (Blazblue: Chronophantasma), Nagisa Aizawa (My Monster Secret)

Toma: Chikage (Durarara X2), Kugel (Gargantia), Dimitire (Strike the Blood), Dispatch (Final Fantasy XIV)

Kiria: Leixia (SoulCalibur V), Little Queen (Tales of Graces)

Eleanora: Mika Shimotsuki (Psycho-Pass), Mozuku Kunato (Knights of Sidonia), Linne (Under Night In-Birth)

Maiko: Anemone (Eureka Seven), Kallen (Code Geass), Holo (Spice and Wolf), Ryuuko (Kill la Kill), Agnes (Bravely Default), Accord (Drakengard 3), Mai Shiranui (The King of FIghters), Yukiko Amagi (Persona)

Chrom: Reprised from Awakening

Caeda: Aila (Gundam Build Fighters), Hsien-Ko (Marvel vs CAPCOM 3), Leia (Tales of Xillia), Orie (Under Night In-Birth) (notably this is a recast as Caeda was previously voiced by Sakura Tange aka Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura)

Cain: A relative newcomer (Cain was previously voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama aka Link from Ocarina of Time, Siegfried in Soul Calibur, and Hiei in Yuu Yuu Hakusho)

Tiki: Mao (Summer Wars), Chiko (The Boy and the Beast) (she's the youngest of the cast at sixteen)

Anyway, looking appropriately insane and Japanese as HELL. Noted in the press kit is that the underlying theme is about artists or people inthe entertainment industry. Kiria, Tsubasa, and Tiki seem to work as idols, Eleanora and Toma are actors, and I think Maiko might be an agent as she was shown at a desk while talking on the phone.

Also keep in mind the game is STILL up for an M-Rating, meaning we'll probably dive into more grim aspects in the plot.

Edited by Aiddon

So what I got from the trailer:

IDOLS

Chrom became total edgelord

FE characters are the Personas.

And thats it.

No info on it's combat

No info on the story, antagonists, or central themes.

Just push scanty animu J-pop stars in your face till your eyes BLEED.

Honestly, It's hard to get hyped when I all I know about that game is that is has Idols and purse-owners. For all I know this could be a Hyperdimension Neptunia game in disguise

They're talking about the plot at the time of writing but I can't hear.

Still waiting on that battle system showcase though.

Edit: Nevermind, shit's going down

Edited by DUFF MCWHALEN

Battle system is basically Persona with FE Weapon Triangle, FFX Turn Order bar, and a psuedo-persona weakness system in that if you hit an enemy with it's weakness all 3 characters attack it at once for a "session attack".

Not sure what to think of it.

Battle system is basically Persona with FE Weapon Triangle, FFX Turn Order bar, and a psuedo-persona weakness system in that if you hit an enemy with it's weakness all 3 characters attack it at once for a "session attack".

Not sure what to think of it.

Seems interesting to me.

Honestly I think the gameplay looks really fun.

yeah my mind is changed. If persona 5 wasn't in the run i'd probably buy a wii u with this and i don't even like JRPGS

Edited by Junk

Honestly...

Since i want to become blind and get extra money from the State (blindness for 80€ at month, wohooo :KnollRoll: , worth!) i'm definitely gonna buy this game, too much lights and glittering things to become blind with!

(JK i love this jpop singers style)

I can't imagine that such a parody is even possible anymore.

I occasionally tend to note the near identical outfits between Nowi and Strawberry from No More Heroes specifically because NMH actually was parodying the otaku subculture, with the protagonist being an otaku who masturbates to animes about sexualized little girls, with Strawberry being a character in one of those in-universe shows. And IS created such a character completely unironically and with the added bonus of allowing the player to marry and impregnate her. They went beyond parody with a completely straight face. If this is reflective of the state of affairs in the current industry, it seems impossible to me to still find ways to actually exaggerate that subculture.

I know, I know but...at least in this case it's not an uncommon thing for a developer like Atlus. Maybe it won't be like a main thematic element but I can see it being part of some aspect of the plot in some manner. The title is Illusory Revelations after all...and there's not much more illusory in this world as it stands than the idol music industry. I dunno, just, lets say the main characters cut a break in the real world and get signed and begin to start disliking everything they're forced to do all the time. SOMETHING.

I know I'm just being desperate here but I'm still in the bargaining stage. Even if this is the case the aesthetic is vomit inducing to me, and any attempt to make such a point about how fake idols are doesn't need this level of exaggeration. And frankly even if I might have some faint hope of pseudo-commentary, the conclusion is probably going to be inward looking anyway; "it's okay for everything to be fake and superficial as long you're happy!"

Edited by Irysa

I'm compelled to turn away from the monitor every five seconds, but looking at those previews I'm not seeing much in the way of combat mechanics. Seems incredibly standard. Attack, items, skills, the nine yards. Am I missing something?

I'm compelled to turn away from the monitor every five seconds, but looking at those previews I'm not seeing much in the way of combat mechanics. Seems incredibly standard. Attack, items, skills, the nine yards. Am I missing something?

You're missing the Session System. I'm guessing that longer combos can be pulled off the more weaknesses that are exploited in the Session.