Treehouse Day 2: FE Fates (Big early-game spoiler!)

raazychx

No Aqua is curious in the chapter, and I'm thinking that we may be wrong about a previous assumption. We had assumed (and it was implied) that she joins you before you make your choice. However, what if she doesn't join up until afterwards?

But she was on chapter 6 in your party, at least on Hoshido's side.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one wondering how powerful Kamui is? He was able to one shot those faceless and took 0 damage from them. I wish we could've seen his stats.

Well perhaps they just focused him completely in the first 6 chapters.

Also ^ normal mode is likely.

Edited by Jedi

Am I the only one wondering how powerful Kamui is? He was able to one shot those faceless and took 0 damage from them. I wish we could've seen his stats.

Kamui is level 14 of course he will be kicking ass at mere chapter 7.

As somebody else said in the thread: debug mode god Kamui.

Some stuff I collected.

(Not including spoilers)

Okay. O-kay. Are you freaking KIDDING ME? 8 days. 8 days before the game releases in Japan, NOA spoils a big early-game event? Guess most of the cutscenes we saw in the trailer were from then.

Also, serious question: was anybody able to catch of Kamui was a naive idiot like he was yesterday?

Question, when did they say, or insinuate, that Mikoto was dead?

When Garon asks about Ganglari, I believe.

It's suggested she dies in the Hoshido capital scene.

See the E3 Trailer Analysis on SF's main site.

Search for "mother" and skip to the end.

Huh, interesting. It just seems odd then that we didn't get a "Oh and by the way Garon, not only is Kamui back, but your long lost daughter kidnapped by the Hoshido is here too!" scene.

Yeah I was expecting Aqua to show up and defuse the situation, I guess she still at Hoshido. Well we might get to see her tomorrow at Hoshido's side.

Edited by Awakener_

Probably intentionally overlevelled with exactly enough DEF and ATK to take 0 damage and defeat enemies in one attack so that they wouldn't game over during the stream(since they have limited time for each game).

Garon can talk to dragons and asks for if Kamui should live. Dragon said yes. Iago didn’t like that. Garon IS trying to kill Kamui. Marx overheard this.
This doesn't make sense. If he asked the dragon if Kamui should live, and it said yes, why would Garon want to kill Kamui? They worship dragons, I doubt religious people would outright defy their deity's will like this, if they knew it crystal clear.
If Mikoto dies, how is she a recruitable? Were they talking only about Garon? Or is her death an Emmeryn-esque death?
Edited by Rapier

This doesn't make sense. If he asked the dragon if Kamui should live, and it said yes, why would Garon want to kill Kamui? They worship dragons, I doubt religious people would outright defy their deity's will like this, if they knew it crystal clear.

simple really, he only listens to his religion when its convenient for him, just like several religion practitioners.

Also, serious question: was anybody able to catch of Kamui was a naive idiot like he was yesterday?

Well, during the big spoiler part they tried to skip past...

He confronted Garon about the exploding sword, and asked if he planned it and even raised him for the sole purpose of sending him with that sword to the Hoshido in order to kill him/the queen. And he seemed unsatisfied with Garon's denial. So he's not a complete fool. Though as Xander mention, perhaps that wasn't the best time to bring it up.

Dragon said yes. Iago didn’t like that.
Garon IS trying to kill Kamui. Marx overheard this.

I think that Garon misunderstood the message. He was told to send Kamui to deal with the rebellion alone, and assumed that meant he had been counciled to kill Kamui (just not directly). What he didn't realize is the dragon had something else in mind.

If Mikoto dies, how is she a recruitable? Were they talking only about Garon? Or is her death an Emmeryn-esque death?

Sacred Stones had alot of dead people as hidden characters for the Ruins. Maybe theres something like that.

I think that Garon misunderstood the message. He was told to send Kamui to deal with the rebellion alone, and assumed that meant he had been counciled to kill Kamui (just not directly). What he didn't realize is the dragon had something else in mind.

Or perhaps Anankos is evil and this WAS his intent, to have Kamui die that is. Also who's to say that Anankos is even a real dragon? We haven't seen them, and even if they are a dragon there have been evil dragons in past FE games. But maybe he did misunderstand the message, who can say.

Edited by Kyza

She might not be dead, I doubt Kamui will still called Garon "father" if Mikoto indeed died and Kamui is reacting a bit too calm about it. She could be fatality wounded and Kamui is making him think that she is dead.

Kinda bothered by the spoiler. Both the fact that they showed it way too early, and then it happens too early, I would have expected it to show up later on. It didn't help that the people demonstrating it were horrible.

I did laugh when the treehouse members exposed that girl for her Chrom Mousepad on Stream

Considering Famitsu had two other errors, I'm going with Vincent and saying that this was also an error.

Well, during the big spoiler part they tried to skip past...

He confronted Garon about the exploding sword, and asked if he planned it and even raised him for the sole purpose of sending him with that sword to the Hoshido in order to kill him/the queen. And he seemed unsatisfied with Garon's denial. So he's not a complete fool. Though as Xander mention, perhaps that wasn't the best time to bring it up.

Okay. Thanks. Hope they actually upload this sometime.

She might not be dead, I doubt Kamui will still called Garon "father" if Mikoto indeed died and Kamui is reacting a bit too calm about it. She could be fatality wounded and Kamui is making him think that she is dead.

Agreed. Considering it most likely happened not too long ago to the mother he never knew he had, he should probably feel a tad more upset, especially given that he seems to be a sheltered goody two-shoes.

Edited by Thane

Or perhaps Anankos is evil and this WAS his intent, to have Kamui die that is. Also who's to say that Anankos is even a real dragon? We haven't seen them, and even if they are a dragon there have been evil dragons in past FE games. But maybe he did misunderstand the message, who can say.

I think Anankos is real because when Garon was by himself (or thought he was), he made a comment along the lines of "As Anankos decreed" which be a little odd if Anankos wasn't real. Though maybe Garon just has a flair for the dramatic. Or maybe he KNEW Xander was listening and said that because he wanted Xander to hear for some reason.

Yeah that seems pretty believable, the character description of Garon being paranoid is kind of backed up by most of the scenes we've seen with all the executions he wants. Garon might see what Anankos said in one way because it appears to be suicide(sending one young man/woman to squash a whole rebellion) and that it's a plot to kill Corrin for betraying Nohr(which he/she didn't) when it could be something different.

It'd be a bit weird for the Dragon to care so much specifically about a round about way of killing Corrin if it's their god and highest authority even above Garon. My speculation based on what would make more sense in allowing the plot to continue would be Anankos want's to use Corrin in someway and expects that Corrin would be able to stop the rebellion, it might also be using Garon and taking advantage of his untrusting nature.

Went to go watch the treehouse and looks kind of interesting and makes me want Nohr, which I do want because of story but I prefer all the Hoshido chars and so far feel like if I'm pressured to choose I still want that side.

A couple things that came to my mind:

1. Are Felica/Jakob completely locked out depending on gender or is it just a timing thing? I really want Jakob but don't want to be a female.

2. It appears Corrin is confirmed default name now since they mention it more assuredly that it is their name (plus I saw IGN thread mentioned same thing).

Also I'm a little said Harold is now Arthur since I loved Harold as his name and it seemed to fit more to me, though I guess I shall get used to the English version.