Hoshido is literally Bow Emblem

thanibomb

And I love it.

Setsuna is shaping up to be my all time favourite Fates character. Her voice, her design, her class. <3_<3

Holy Bowmen look amazing, Phoenix Riders look amazing, Puppeteers look amazing, War Priestesses look amazing... I cannot!

Shame they don't get Bow Knights or Adventurers, but I guess there needs to be some incentive for me to play Nohr right?

Folgore Yellow ready to fight for Bowshido -- I mean Hoshido.

Let's just hope this means that bows are actually good now.

Edited by Sunwoo

Bows have bit hit and miss in the series! In Awakening they only really shined in L+, while in New Mystery they did well in general. FE10 was nice to em. 9 not so much, 8 not so much, Elibe was pretty decently nice.

HIT AND MISS I SAY Also Briggid and Faval do ridiculous damage. among others

Folgore Yellow ready to fight for Bowshido -- I mean Hoshido.

Let's just hope this means that bows are actually good now.

Bows better be good now, considering 3 of the 4 Hoshidan siblings have the potential to use them. Takumi's magical bow gives me hope~

Bows have bit hit and miss in the series! In Awakening they only really shined in L+, while in New Mystery they did well in general. FE10 was nice to em. 9 not so much, 8 not so much, Elibe was pretty decently nice.

HIT AND MISS I SAY Also Briggid and Faval do ridiculous damage. among others

I have faith in IS this time around. There's no way they can make Sakura, one of Hinoka's promotion options, and (especially) Takumi bad can they?
Edited by Tsubaki

Bows better be good now, considering 3 of the 4 Hoshidan siblings have the potential to use them. Takumi's magical bow gives me hope~

I have faith in IS this time around. There's no way they can make Sakura, one of Hinoka's promotion options, and (especially) Takumi bad can they?

I'm confident they'll be pretty good, IS hasn't had a bad track record with Snipers or Horsemen in terms of archers, its archers themselves that are usually given weak stats.

Takumi looks to be different though.

dual attacks occur when units are adjacent to each other so I don't think bows will be useless

Plus those bow towers.

dual attacks occur when units are adjacent to each other so I don't think bows will be useless

Will it be the painful-to-watch dual support attack where suddenly the Kellam and Virion are twice as far away from their enemy as they were before, and it takes ten minutes for Kellam to shamble up and attack, and then shamble on back?

Bows aren't the issue. The unpromoted foot bowmen are.

Of any issues they have, foot bowmen are held down the hardest by these:

1 Having bases that are too low for combat units.

2. Too many alternative units with ranged attacks who have edges over foot bowmen.

Foot bowmen had Crossbows, Longbows, etc., to "buff" them. What did we get? We got a FE where Shinon was the only foot bowmen worth noting.

Binding Blade and New Mystery of the Emblem are at the top when it comes to foot bowmen. And theit foot bowmen weren't pumped up with gimmicks.

Edited by Alazen

PONYTAIL BRIGADE GOO!!!!!

Honestly I <3 Archers to death. Even if everybody say they're useless, I always use them. They're just really cute okay.

Yeah, new dual attack mechanics/changes to pair-up and the nerfed ranged melee options make bows way better than before. Now they're well-positioned to be able to both make quality attacks on player phase and, in dual, quality counter-attacks on enemy phase.

That and if counter exists again...

Yeah, finally getting that thrown weapon nerf will help a lot. As long as they can prove their worth alongside mages, they should be fine. I'm under the impression Hidden Weapon stuff can work at range but is different enough to not compete?

Multishot thing? :o

Also what changes to dual attack are there? I'm so behind! D:

In the E3 trailer we see some kind of special bow attack (probably due to some sort of special space like a ballista) that is an Area of Effect attack shooting multiple enemies at once.

Dual Attacks now have (I believe) a 100% activation rate but only between units that are standing next to each other not ones that are paired up, they instead have a chance to Dual Guard (Dual Guard is guaranteed against Dual Attacks)

Anyway, I have to say that War Miko/Priestess has an awesome design. Almost good enough to make up for the lack of War Cleric. I need my Nuns with Axes!

Why did Bow units need to be bested by something now. I think they got nerfed so badly now. The whole point of Archers is to hit as hard as you can indirectly from safe range or it hard on Tome units with their low Def, but now Tomes basically dodge any Bow unit thrown at them thanks to the new W.Triangle. And Bows beating Lances isn't enough since most Lance units are high Def classes like Knights and Paladins.

Why did Bow units need to be bested by something now. I think they got nerfed so badly now. The whole point of Archers is to hit as hard as you can indirectly from safe range or it hard on Tome units with their low Def, but now Tomes basically dodge any Bow unit thrown at them thanks to the new W.Triangle. And Bows beating Lances isn't enough since most Lance units are high Def classes like Knights and Paladins.

I think the point of putting Bows with Axes is to make sure that they're best use still applies: taking out fliers. Wyvern classes use Axes, making them neutral on the weapon triangle and Pegasus classes use Lances making Bows even more effective against them.

Hoshido looks like it has a lot more bows and staff users than Nohr. In exchange, Nohr has a lot more magic and axe users.

With Dark Mage, Dark Knight, Sorcerer and Revenant Knight and Strategist, Nohr doesn't actually have that many magic users compared to Hoshido's Spellcaster, Exorcist, Shura and Basara. If if you count in the Kamui promotions, it's just 2 classes more.

(I think the difference between staff using classes is the same in Hoshido's favor, but I might be wrong about that.)

Nohr's specialty seems to be horses instead.

Also, although thrown weapons were nerfed, magic and hidden weapons still offer alternate options with their own advantages: hitting res and debuffs, respectively. Assuming the debuffs from hidden weapons are significant, of course.

As much as I like bows, I hope they get their own edge above the other two. Better might, for example.

EDIT: kind of derped there and forgot about the whole hitting flying classes hard thing

Edited by Sylphid

Then they promote into a Sword/Tome wielder making it easier to dodge. And even Wyvers can tank a Bow shot and retaliate just as hard. I do think Buttlers/Maids and Ninjas with Hidden Weaponry will take a good shot from Bow users and Bows will be better with the Attack Stance, but this doesn't suffice to the amount of bad Bows have been during previous Fire Emblems.

Will it be the painful-to-watch dual support attack where suddenly the Kellam and Virion are twice as far away from their enemy as they were before, and it takes ten minutes for Kellam to shamble up and attack, and then shamble on back?

Oh that was always really funny

I think the point of putting Bows with Axes is to make sure that they're best use still applies: taking out fliers. Wyvern classes use Axes, making them neutral on the weapon triangle and Pegasus classes use Lances making Bows even more effective against them.

Makes sense. Glad it works out like that.

In the E3 trailer we see some kind of special bow attack (probably due to some sort of special space like a ballista) that is an Area of Effect attack shooting multiple enemies at once.

Dual Attacks now have (I believe) a 100% activation rate but only between units that are standing next to each other not ones that are paired up, they instead have a chance to Dual Guard (Dual Guard is guaranteed against Dual Attacks)

Anyway, I have to say that War Miko/Priestess has an awesome design. Almost good enough to make up for the lack of War Cleric. I need my Nuns with Axes!

Wait what? Does anyone happen to have a link for this multishot thing? I've watched both Treehouses and don't remember seeing this, granted I only skimmed through the first one because it was a bit cringeworthy...

And you're saying bowmen will make amazing support characters now? Awesome!

Wait what? Does anyone happen to have a link for this multishot thing? I've watched both Treehouses and don't remember seeing this, granted I only skimmed through the first one because it was a bit cringeworthy...

And you're saying bowmen will make amazing support characters now? Awesome!

The second video on that post at around 0:48.

The extended commercial.