We have the answer to "is marriage in this game?"

Tackman

I feel obligated for my Fe!Kamui with superior dragon blood to procreate with the most alpha-male, beautiful male.

Marx, you must let me have your babies. For the good of mankind.

**my new pickup line

Marx:Kamui, what are you-

Fe!Kamui:Let us be wed.

Marx:Kamui STAHP PLZ.

Sounds about right.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious to see where Nintendo will take this concept. Pokemon Amie begot Fire Emblem Amie which combined it with marriage and children. What's next for Pokemon?

Fans: We want to be able to marry our Pokemon and make children.

Nintendo: Oh, Pokemon breeding is still a mechanic so...

Fans: No. We want the player to be able to marry their Pokemon and make children. Fire Emblem did it.

Nintendo: P-please understand!

Sakurai: *laughs*

Edited by NekoKnight

I'm curious to see where Nintendo will take this concept. Pokemon Amie begot Fire Emblem Amie which combined it with marriage and children. What's next for Pokemon?

Fans: No. We want the player to be able to marry their Pokemon and make children. Fire Emblem did it.

Anyone else just got gut shot in the childhood? Or scarred for life? No?

"Fire Emblem was a mistake."

- Shouzou Kaga, 2015

The franchise never even had a collective canon before Awakening though. There was the original continuity with FE 1-3, which also had some very small ties with Jugdral's games and then completely separate and unrelated continuities afterwards with 6-7, 8 and 9-10. Awakening was the first game that actually tied everything together, even if in some self-contradictory ways (with some of the script suggesting that it was all the same world, but other parts saying that they were separate worlds connected by the Otherworld Gate.

The franchise never even had a collective canon before Awakening though. There was the original continuity with FE 1-3, which also had some very small ties with Jugdral's games and then completely separate and unrelated continuities afterwards with 6-7, 8 and 9-10. Awakening was the first game that actually tied everything together, even if in some self-contradictory ways (with some of the script suggesting that it was all the same world, but other parts saying that they were separate worlds connected by the Otherworld Gate.

Fire Emblem was collective until Kaga left before FE6... then Awakening retied everything, it looks like.

(Loptyr is from Archanea, which is not something I'd call a small tie, myself...)

. Though the only thing I agreed with them is that it is stupid that we can't paired Mark and Lyn together.

I hated that so much. I was determined to pair them up after that loving gaze she gave Mark at the end of her story. I was disappointed to have to let her marry someone else.

Procreation! Your real little sister! Procreation with your real little sister!

sorrynotsorry

Clever, I won't mind if this becomes a meme.

Also, no way Corrin leaves Camilla while they're both naked to chase Sakura unless he's a massive lolicon. Then again stupid events interrupting ecchi moments is a harem staple.....I'd ask for chapter 3 but the thought of CorrinxSakura made me fear for what's next...LillithxCorrin!? Eww

Not to be a dick, but usually features were reused after a lot of time had passed, not in such a short time. FE8 didn't come right after FE2, FE13 didn't come right after FE4, etc.

We are surprised because this doesn't seem to make sense within the story AND because some of us disliked the time travelling and the plot holes it caused.

If you tell us magical children future are in and they might affect the story, which we want to be at least better than Awakening's, we have the right to be worried.

Certain features didn't return right away, but there were features that did come back in the next Fire Emblem. The word feature can be used loosely, but overall, I'd argue that most features have stuck around and/or evolved. Take for instance forging weapons, the rescue feature, manaketes and other shape-shifting characters. I'm not calling anyone out on this, and I definitely don't expect everyone to think the same way I do about it.

I can understand why you guys are worried, I'm just voicing my opinion on the matter. No harm done if you disagree with what I'm saying, but there's also no need to try and argue or change my mind. If you go into this game ready to find something that you don't like, chances are, you're gonna find something wrong with it. I don't want to go in with a mentality like that, because I want to enjoy this as much as I can. And for ME (specifically) worrying about something that's really such a small part of the game isn't worth it.

Also, no way Corrin leaves Camilla while they're both naked to chase Sakura unless he's a massive lolicon. Then again stupid events interrupting ecchi moments is a harem staple.....I'd ask for chapter 3 but the thought of CorrinxSakura made me fear for what's next...LillithxCorrin!? Eww

Kamui is a full bloodeddragon (not really, but still!) so it would be weirder for him to do it with a human than a fellow dragon.

It's time to tap the scales! ohgodwhy

According to the Jack Harness test, as long as it's sexually mature, and have at least human intelligence (and have a way to communicate with you), then it's OK.

Alakazam have 5000 IQ, so he can probably imagine things you couldn't even comprehend and makes you reach unknown levels of pleasure (And that spoon isn't here just for show winkwinknudgenudge ).

There must be something weird with me, but I would be far more OK with this (well, maybe more in a few years, see above) than marrying Elise or Sakura.

Marriage? I'd rather it not come back but whatever I can deal.

Children? What is the point there's literally no excuse to bring them back, no matter how popular they were in Awakening. At least Awakening had some logical reason to bring kids into the gameplay. I might as well just kill them off or put them on the back burner also lol not!tharja

*Ding!**Ding!* What's this? Your conversation is devolving!

Anyway, here's how I think of it: there's less then a week until the Japanese version releases. I'll just listen to the people who import the game and see whether or not it's the same crap as Awakening, If it's actually a good SRPG with a few stupid features tacked on, then okay.

I hope in someways it's better than Awakening. Story wise, I can already tell, cutscene wise too, but I wanna see more Maps, weapons, skills, mechanics overall, cause they were pretty weak in Awakening. I want a more of a reason for Awakening fans to touch that Classic mode and realize how good Fire Emblem as a whole really is. STOP BEIN PUSSES!

I hope in someways it's better than Awakening. Story wise, I can already tell, cutscene wise too, but I wanna see more Maps, weapons, skills, mechanics overall, cause they were pretty weak in Awakening. I want a more of a reason for Awakening fans to touch that Classic mode and realize how good Fire Emblem as a whole really is. STOP BEIN PUSSES!

Okay; I disagree with that attitude. Because they're using an easier mode, therefore they deserve to be insulted? I was under the impression most of the fandom had gotten over this.

A real argument would be: "I don't see much reason to play Casual Mode; without worrying about the welfare of your units, most of the strategy goes out the window."

(Though I do find it odd that the devs keep saying they encourage classic mode, but add nothing to entice people to try it.)

They should just make it like touhou and cut the game short at some point, with some decapitated heads mocking you for going all ez mode.

You know that there's older players that uses Casual too, right ?

I personnally find it the ideal mode for me as someone who knows far too well what Classic means.

I'm arrogant, I know. And this argument is completely redundant, but when you play Casual mode or Classic. What's the difference? What's your reward? Well apart from resetting all the time when a unit dies making the characters feel more important which casual players keep saying why they 'don't play classic' about, no one gains anything! Classic players don't accept defeat of a lost comrade and reset the map, losing precious time. It's no different. And isn't it weird for Classic players being the actual ones more engaged to characters than Casuals are when all I hear is the complete opposite. "You're just gonna let your unit die?" "He'll come back." "Oh so his sacrifice isn't as meaning full then." It doesn't make sense. If we're just gonna restart the mission again, then why invent casual mode? Or re add Classic? IS want to appeal to vets 'n' newbies, but now I think they dug a bigger hole instead of solving the problem and refusing us. Look at what we have; an Awakening 2.0 and an evolved FE originating from the old.

I'm arrogant, I know. And this argument is completely redundant, but when you play Casual mode or Classic. What's the difference? What's your reward? Well apart from resetting all the time when a unit dies making the characters feel more important which casual players keep saying why they 'don't play classic' about, no one gains anything! Classic players don't accept defeat of a lost comrade and reset the map, losing precious time. It's no different. And isn't it weird for Classic players being the actual ones more engaged to characters than Casuals are when all I hear is the complete opposite. "You're just gonna let your unit die?" "He'll come back." "Oh so his sacrifice isn't as meaning full then." It doesn't make sense. If we're just gonna restart the mission again, then why invent casual mode? Or re add Classic? IS want to appeal to vets 'n' newbies, but now I think they dug a bigger hole instead of solving the problem and refusing us. Look at what we have; an Awakening 2.0 and an evolved FE originating from the old.

Why not ?

If we're gonna restart each time a unit dies, Casual makes us earn some precious time.(Time is money after all. For me, it's actually more valuable than money)

To each their own, but I find this absolutely not fun at all, just frustrating.
Especially because it nearly always happens to me near the end of the battle.
Though I'd agree they may be a difference between those who started on Casual, and those who knew Classic.

I'm also uneasy about Is trying so hard to eat their cake and eat it with this game, but Classic and Casual have nothing to de with any of this.

Edited by Tamanoir

So do we know when Dengeki and Nintendo Dream release in Japan? Dengeki supposedly has an online version, right? Does that release at midnight Japan time?

Pretty sure Nintendo Dream is already out in hard copy. I was skeptical about all of this and still kind of am about the actual leaked scans, but their official website says they revealed info about marriage and children in today's release.