Class videos translated

Many thanks to the translator; the mistakes and suggestions by word choices have already been pointed out by the other forumites here so I don't have anything to say.

I just realized the Phoenix Warrior has a hata-sashimono on her back. Really like the little details like these.

If only they'd be bigger

xVhjpoo.jpg

bxkL9CB.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I feel like tallying up weapon selections of the known standard promoted classes:

Sword: 1 (Hoshido)

Lance: 1 (Hoshido)

Axe: 1 (Nohr)

Bow: 1 (Hoshido)

Magic: 1 (Nohr)

Staff: 0

Hidden: 0

Sword/Lance: 1 (Nohr)

Sword/Axe: 2 (Hoshido/Nohr)

Lance/Axe: 2 (Nohr/Nohr)

Sword/Bow: 1 (Nohr)

Lance/Bow: 1 (Hoshido)

Axe/Bow: 0

Sword/Magic: 1 (Nohr)

Lance/Magic: 1 (Hoshido)

Axe/Magic: 2 (Hoshido/Nohr)

Bow/Magic: 0

Sword/Staff: 0

Lance/Staff: 2 (Hoshido/Hoshido)

Axe/Staff: 0

Bow/Staff: 2 (Hoshido/Nohr)

Magic/Staff: 2 (Hoshido/Nohr)

Sword/Hidden: 1 (Hoshido)

Lance/Hidden: 0

Axe/Hidden: 0

Bow/Hidden: 1 (Hoshido)

Magic/Hidden: 0

Staff/Hidden: 1 (Nohr)

Sword/Lance/Axe: 2 (Hoshido/Nohr)

Hidden weapons seem pretty uncommon. Is it really just Jonin, Puppeteer, and Maid/Butler out of promoted classes? Other than that, it's interesting that Sword/Staff, Axe/Staff, and Axe/Bow all seem to be dropped, at least outside of Corrin. And of course Bow/Magic continues to get no love.

Edited by Othin

I don't know why they're translating 魔道 as dark magic, it just means magic...

And the thing as they translate as "dark vessel", 暗器, is actually the word for hidden weapons.

Just saying.

The Nohr one also has a few more typos:

Thief: Excels in speed and resistance (not defense).

Dracoknight: Excels in strength (not speed) and defense.

Brave Hero: Can use swords and axes (not spears)

The Hoshido one is generally accurate. When it says "curses" it is referring to spells (i.e. Hoshidan magic), but this isn't really a typo but rather a different way to interpret the kanji.

Oh also, for the Hoshidan classes that are translated as things like "berserker" and "sorcerer", don't take those literally, as some of those Japanese class names can be difficult to translate into something that sounds decent in English.

I went back and corrected the mistakes. Sorry for the typos (in my defense I'm still struggling from jetlag) (and not in my defense I was too lazy to go back and check oops.)

Ironically, the original document I used doesn't contain most of the simple power/resistance mistakes. Oops.

Bow/Staff: 1 (Hoshido)

Don't forget Adventurers, the bow/staff Thief promotion.

FUN FACTS: Dark Knight is the only non-Kamui class to use two weapons from the same corner of the weapon triangle. Puppeteers are the only class to use two different "ranged" weapons.

Anyone notice that the Dragonstone is 1 range in this game? Makes sense since they're not really attacking with breath.

It's varied between the games. Maybe other Dragonstones will have range?

Kamui/Corrin is a peculiar case because his Hoshidan promotion description says he wields katanas (刀), contrasting with his Nohrian promotion which says he wields swords (剣). I'm curious to see how that plays out exactly, since it seems like his Dark Prince base class can use swords only.

Last time I looked, a katana was a type of sword...

It's varied between the games. Maybe other Dragonstones will have range?

Now that they've been given a proper weapon rank, I'm hoping that there are other options as like Brave/hits Res/high crit

considering you can buy the opposite route weapons through streetpassing, I'm sure it's just an aesthetic thing and you can prolly use both

I've been operating under this assumption for all classes for a while now, that each class can use the other nation's counterpart weapons. Could be wrong, but it would make sense, and avoid some frustrations from having a mix of Nohr/Hoshido units (which you will always have, regardless of route.)

I'd also like to point out that although the translator's decision to specifically use the term "dark magic" is misleading, this error doesn't necessarily deconfirm those classes' access to dark magic either. I actually agree with Othin's theory that dark tomes in this game may just be classified under ordinary tomes that can be used by all Nohrian magic users, possibly limited to high-rank weapons. Leon almost certainly uses a dark tome in all of his depictions. Dark mages/sorcerers weren't described as specifically using dark magic either, but it would be stupid for them to not have access to it.

I'm thinking that maybe all magic on the Nohr side is considered "dark" magic in the sense that darkness is a huge theme of the Nohr, and they have Dark Mages and Dark Knights wielding magic, and all that. But I think a lot of this "dark" magic may be substantially different from the way Dark Magic was in past FE games.

I went back and corrected the mistakes. Sorry for the typos (in my defense I'm still struggling from jetlag) (and not in my defense I was too lazy to go back and check oops.)

Ironically, the original document I used doesn't contain most of the simple power/resistance mistakes. Oops.

Thanks for the corrections and the translation in general! :)

So I take it that the Rod Knight and Strategist classes are going to be localised as Troubadour and Valkyrie, right? It's just that the descriptions given in the Nohr classes video make them appear to be the same thing.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

So I take it that the Rod Knight and Strategist classes are going to be localised as Troubadour and Valkyrie, right? It's just that the descriptions given in the Nohr classes video make them appear to be the same thing.

I'm guessing they will stay the way they are in the localization. Yes, they pretty much are the same thing, but in previous games they were called Troubadour and Valkyrie in the original Japanese versions as well, so they're probably intentionally going for something different this time around.

Except not female exclusive.

And we don't know anything about their skills yet.

I'm confused about the . . . um . . . Nohrian . . . were-yeti. Did it says 'eats people?' How are you going to recruit someone whose going to eat some of your army? However, this is just my small weird opinion; I apologize if I was offense.

I'm confused about the . . . um . . . Nohrian . . . were-yeti. Did it says 'eats people?' How are you going to recruit someone whose going to eat some of your army? However, this is just my small weird opinion; I apologize if I was offense.

Probably by making sure the people they eat are enemies instead.

Back on topic, it seems that the Yatogami (I refuse to call it just Yato) has a different glow depending on his promoted class. Do you think it's due an enchantment of the sword through the story or a reflection of the class? What would be the sword color and Avatar class in the third route?

Why would there be a male valkyrie? Valkyrie were women in Norse mythology!

Strategist It will most definitely keep its name. Rod Knight will be changed to Staff Knight or something like that since Rod Knight sounds.... odd.