How actively will you avoid spoilers once Fate is released?

BlueL

How actively will you avoid spoilers?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Will you avoid spoilers?

• All spoilers
    • Just story spoilers
    • Will try but don't care if you a few things get spoiled
    • I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING

How actively will you avoid spoilers once this game comes out this week?

I don't really care about learning about classes and skills, and maybe even certain game mechanics and features.

However, I don't want to know about any characters not revealed, anything about the maps and plan on avoiding anything related to the plot like I would a rabid dog.

I also don't want to read extra info on already revealed characters nor to hear anyone's opinion on characters or even the game itself. In other words, I want to go in without any preconceived notions.

Hopefully the dozen or so people importing/buying the game that actually speak Japanese will be very, very liberal with their use of spoiler tags.

Edited by BlueL

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will only avoid story related ones unless I get really curious.

EDIT: What the hell was I saying? I won't avoid spoiler at all I need to know everything!

Edited by Yari

I'll try to avoid story-specific spoilers until my imported version arrives sometime in the first week of July, but after that, I'll be looking for chapter summaries and whatnot to help out my understanding of the story where my Japanese knowledge fails me.

So, I guess my answer is, I won't have to avoid spoilers for long haha

Earlier, I would have thought I'd be gone this close to release, but lo and behold, I'm still here. So, I just don't know at this point. 6 months (at least 6 months damn you NOA) is a hefty wait for a game that I've already dedicated so much time to debate and speculation. I've never been one to care too much for spoilers anyway, so in the end, should I happen upon a spoiler or three, I won't be extremely offended.

How actively will you avoid spoilers once this game comes out this week?

I don't really care about learning about classes and skills, and maybe even certain game mechanics and features.

However, I don't want to know about any characters not revealed, anything about the maps and plan on avoiding anything related to the plot like I would a rabid dog.

I also don't want to read extra info on already revealed characters nor to hear anyone's opinion on characters or even the game itself. In other words, I want to go in without any preconceived notions.

Hopefully the dozen or so people importing/buying the game that actually speak Japanese will be very, very liberal with their use of spoiler tags.

Fortunately story is not the top priority for my own contributions, and they will be limited to whatever thread we're supposed to contribute to... my contributions are game mechanics which I am sure nobody minds, but then character profiles too which may be a bit more sensitive for characters you may not have seen. But, again, I'm not sure on the formatting of it all yet.

I'll avoid story spoilers at all costs.

And Characters too. At least I'lll try... (just the basics. Children characters makes avoiding those kind of spoinler harder, because I want to plan beforehand.)

Game mechanics, skills, weapons, and all that jazz is fair game though...

I intend to download the Japanese version right away, but I don't know much Japanese so I'll have to check here a lot to make sense out of the story and mechanical stuff I'm seeing.

I haven't played a game without knowing pretty much everything ahead of time in years. I'll be happily soaking up every spoiler I can get my hands on. If we were getting a worldwide release I'd probably stay off the forums for a few days while I play through it, but 6+ months is a whole other story.

I have a bad habit of spoiling the everloving crap out of most things, despite that it has rarely had a negative effect on my experiences.

Some bits and pieces from Aqua and Kamui's support, her CG confession, our children, her face rubbing and after that no SerenesForest/4Chan/FEReddit, I will only be getting infos from Nintendo of America regarding Fates.

I want to avoid spoilers..but I know I can't.

Right now, I have decided to at least stay away from videos, especially actual let's plays, so I can preserve some form of mystery.

Yes I will know if X dies or if Y is a horrible traitor, but actually seeing it will be a fresh experience.