Release hype thread

VincentASM

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, I'm going to have to ask you to reconsider. With that money you could buy approximately eight lifesize cardboard cutouts of Obama.

Now you tell me... what's the smarter choice?

It's not that simple. Try going on Play Asia and realizing that you could be playing the game within a week for just $60.00 if only Nintendo hadn't region locked their 3DS.

Let me repeat myself. $60.00, 1 week, and cockblocked by a region lock:

karma-roar(b).gifkarma-roar(b).gifkarma-roar(b).gif

My complete inner state right now^

It's not that simple. Try going on Play Asia and realizing that you could be playing the game within a week for just $60.00 if only Nintendo hadn't region locked their 3DS.

Let me repeat myself. $60.00, 1 week, and cockblocked by a region lock:

My complete inner state right now^

But consider the things you could do with eight cardboard cutouts of Obama.

Actually if I buy one of the old 3ds, would it be a lower firmware than 9.3? Since I kinda want to use that translation that they got going on in the fan projects

Don't do it. A least sleep on it or something. Making this purchase no matter how much you want it will leave you with some amount of regret. Mostly due to the whole 'it's in japanese and you can't understand it' thing. It takes more away from the experience then you might think.

Don't do it. A least sleep on it or something. Making this purchase no matter how much you want it will leave you with some amount of regret. Mostly due to the whole 'it's in japanese and you can't understand it' thing. It takes more away from the experience then you might think.

I've been thinking about this for 5 days, only today i'm starting to crack hard...

I've been thinking about this for 5 days, only today i'm starting to crack hard...

Stay strong, my friend. Just remember this: if you buy the Japanese version plus the 3DS to play it on, that'd be approximately 4 times the amount we'll be paying to get the special edition that will most likely come out in NA. 4 times the money for a single game you can't understand because it's in a language you've stated you aren't able to read. Due to the text-heavy nature of FE's story, you'd be missing out on at least 1/2 of the total content due to a language barrier.

Therefore, you are paying 4 times as much for half a game's worth of content.

The ultimate decision is up to you whether you'll buy now or wait for the English release, but I wanted to provide a little perspective about the situation that's been presented, especially since you asked us to dissuade you from making this purchase in the first place.

(As a side note, I know diddly-squat about game pricing and whatnot, so take my comments with a bowl grain of salt.)

I felt the same way as you, but...

Stay strong, my friend. Just remember this: if you buy the Japanese version plus the 3DS to play it on, that'd be approximately 4 times the amount we'll be paying to get the special edition that will most likely come out in NA. 4 times the money for a single game you can't understand because it's in a language you've stated you aren't able to read. Due to the text-heavy nature of FE's story, you'd be missing out on at least 1/2 of the total content due to a language barrier.

Therefore, you are paying 4 times as much for half a game's worth of content.

The ultimate decision is up to you whether you'll buy now or wait for the English release, but I wanted to provide a little perspective about the situation that's been presented, especially since you asked us to dissuade you from making this purchase in the first place.

(As a side note, I know diddly-squat about game pricing and whatnot, so take my comments with a bowl grain of salt.)

... she is absolutely right. I'll be waiting for the Special Edition to come out here in Europe (or I'm just buying both versions, that depends on my patience).

Edit: Couldn't they just release it worldwide on the same day like they did with Pokémon X/Y and ORAS?

Edited by DragonFlames

It really REALLY hurts to not have any JP games/3DS right now, I get you guys, I really do.

I can only avoid this by waiting out half a year and hoping that I can snag a copy of the US special edition (assuming US would have one, which I don't see why it wouldn't.)

I should probably try to procure a Robin Amiibo while I wait, at least :/.

Edit: I should mention that I've grown to be incredibly patient (to a frightening degree) when it comes to videogames and related media. I waited about 3 years for the Translation patch for Tales of Vesperia PS3, only to realize that I cant use it, and yet i'm willing to wait until I can afford the means to either edit my PS3 or find an old one that can use said patch.
Don't take my example guys, im a nutbar.

Edited by Lord Rhygbaro

@ Xanek

The more you talk (or even read) about it, the more the message repeats itself, thus making it even harder to forget about.

If you want to save money, reduce spoilers, and perhaps even "store the hype", refocus your efforts elsewhere. Replay some of the older Fire Emblem games if you like, or just do something else for a while. Sure, the urge may still linger, but it should not be as strong as if to completely take control of your life.

Before you know it, the game has been localized and you go crazy with that. Until then, walk away and try to forget about it for a while.

Edited by Sire

I echo the sentiments of everyone else. If you can't even understand basic conversational Japanese, it's not really worth the purchase. Even I, with 3 years of academic study of Japanese so far, will struggle through this. Be stronger and more patient than I. 8D;

LOL... I'm Japanese literate but watching a few streams and the hype is largely over. Playing with the Live2D assets also helps.

The lack of grinding this time means that once I do play that's that, I seriously doubt I'll even clock a tenth of the time I did for Awakening and its second seals.

Or just like me, spoil to myself everything :D ... Except it just made me more hyPEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHH I WANT IT NOW!! 6~7 more months :<<<<

LOL... I'm Japanese literate but watching a few streams and the hype is largely over. Playing with the Live2D assets also helps.

The lack of grinding this time means that once I do play that's that, I seriously doubt I'll even clock a tenth of the time I did for Awakening and its second seals.

The hype is never over... I mean the Live2D is a smallllll amount of time spent not thinking about it, but then you think about it lol

Or just like me, spoil to myself everything :D ... Except it just made me more hyPEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHH I WANT IT NOW!! 6~7 more months :<<<<

I did the same, we need a nintendo direct soon talking about it.

Edit: okay i'm going to HOLD OUT for now and hope for an NA announcement of the special edition..

Edited by Xanek

^

and I listen to some Fates OST

By the way, can someone tell me if this is real or not. Some minor spoilers though

Joker's list (100% canon):

http://pastebin.com/sKHg8BYV

100% canon. What?

It certainly sounds fake. FEif might have some mildly suggestive/lewd lines in Fir Emblem Amie, but a list of characteristics this crude doesn't seem legit in the slightest.

Pretty sure it was a joke, I remember reading through /feg/ a bit yesterday and today, someone just pretending to be Joker I guess lol.

Also the soundtrack is great, though I'm sure it's missing some songs as I can't find the one that plays

during Elise's death and that chapter

Also I think the person I got to transcribe evt_sad_E1 aka 温もりは還らず aka Lost Warmth(guessing this is the final verdict on the name until english release) is almost almost finished, with a few minor changes needed.

The current sheet music without the minor changes yet is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7bWK2gqH96BaG1xWmpFOEtVdzA/view

Literally spent like 4 hours till 4-5am listening to the audio file and pointing out changes he could make to his previous versions.

He's going to play it and put it on youtube in like ~2 weeks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCidRJxSJs7V79xv9-djJBdA

Edited by Xanek

But guys, Owain is indeed the best Romhacker, and Inigo is Little Blue (bonus points if he's Chrom's kid).

But we need a Roster Rescue like event where this is the end result.

I feel for you, my friend.

I also have this huge temptation to get myself a JP 3DS and also import the limited edition of FE:if... But I am thinking about the money and how I can just save them for the upcoming NoA limited edition release if I can get my hands on it.

Since buying another 3ds seems like insane, even more so when my Japanese is not that good (I rely on some tools to understand many kanji). Heck if I were rich, I would have bought them @@

...actually, if the price of limited FE:if in Japan was still in its normal price (around 9900 yen, not its reseller price) when I found it, I might have gone and bought it, but alas.

To be honest I could see NoA going for less of a brother/sister thing with the Nohr family and doing something like Theon Greyjoy - being a ward raised by Garon. That way they could still *feel* like family but avoid the not-incest that people complain about.

As for Camilla - it wouldn't be hard to swap the ear cleaning to something like hair brushing since the C-A supports are so similar between the two genders. And the bath/spa thing could literally just be changed to a bath/spa. It's not uncommon for families that own something like a hottub or visiting a spa to go in as family (in swimsuits).

And you'd be surprised what people are willing to voice for money - see some of the raunchier lines from Dragon Age Inquisition.