Release hype thread

VincentASM

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... You are the same people as someone who just bought those those on FE reddit right?

Edited by huythekirby

Wow, everything I'm hearing about is just great. Can't wait for this to come stateside. Wish I had the money to import a Japanese 3ds and the game though, as reading Japanese is more or less a non-issue for me (granted I still don't know A LOT of kanji) and when it comes to scenes I can kinda translate them much better since I'm more used to spoken Japanese than written due watching a ton of subbed anime (yes I know that doesn't really qualify as KNOWING Japanese, but for what I do know of written, I had a teacher for a few months at one point teach me about conjugations and whatnot and also gave me a decent amount of vocab so that kinda eliminates that accusation if it doesn't better me at knowing spoken Japanese.)

You guys seen this?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55316&page=1

Looks like the worst case scenario happened with Nohr's story. Should've known this would happen when the Iwata Asks said that Hoshido's story was conceived and written first.

Basically, a summary:

-"Reforming from within" doesn't happen until after you've already conquered Hoshido, with two or three chapters left. Until that point, it's "Herp derp Garon on Hoshido throne quicker = less death".

- Aqua's plan in the route makes no sense, and her motivations are unknown, with her general impact on the path being minimal.

- Kamui is a naive idiot who keeps following Garon's and Iago's order (compare to Hoshido!Kamui, who steels himself early on to face Nohr, and is in general much more ruthless, apparently slaughtering an entire barracks of Nohrian troops for no reason other then to draw Ganz out).

- Characters are inconsistent (example: WHY does Takumi quickly forgive you for slaughtering his subordinates when he so obviously hates you for most of the story?), and there's much less emotional impact overall.

- EDIT: You spend much of the story doing... side-questy stuff. Nohr has had soldiers right up against the Hoshido border since chapter 6, for example, but the main invasion doesn't start until chapter 23.

So, you can't have everything. As penalty for having better map design and more popular characters, thou shalt have a trainwreck for a story. Very ironic that Hoshido has more complexities and emotional impact to it when Nohr was hyped up as such. And then the 3rd route is pretty much the Golden Ending. I half-seriously think they did this on purpose so no one version would be satisfactory.

Edited by The DanMan

Man, the connections between these things. I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case.

[spoiler=Plot and Support Conversations]I just read Marx's and Elfie's support, and A support has that amazing connection to the plot of Hoshido. Here's the excerpt of that convo.

Elfie: I don't know… To protect Elise-sama, I'd fight with Marx-sama, but there should never be a time where I'd have to protect Elise-sama from Marx-sama….No, I don't think there would never be a time, so….
Marx: But, a mock battle is just that. Maybe you should pretend like I've gone mad.
Elfie: Like Marx-sama has gone mad? That…I can't imagine that.
Marx: Still, imagine it. I've gone mad, and I'm about to kill Elise… So, are you just going to watch silently?!

Even though the connection is not exact, I just find its inclusion to be somewhat brilliant. It's probably just a me thing, everyone carry on with your business...

Oh, wow. That's just... wow. Talk about foreshadowing. That's just really sad.

I've noticed a LOT of connections like that, truth be told. Have you seen the "S-rank" lines for Xander and Takumi, for instance? When you know the plot of the other routes, they just HURT.

Ahh, by their "S-Rank" lines, you're talking about their "Amie" lines, right? I vaguely remember Xander's lines... kinda, but I've never seen Takumi's. I should look them up...

Ahh, by their "S-Rank" lines, you're talking about their "Amie" lines, right? I vaguely remember Xander's lines... kinda, but I've never seen Takumi's. I should look them up...

Yep! painful.

I bit the bullet.. I hope you all forgive me and please understand...

AVVNTMx.gif

NOOOOOOOOO. Now another person has caved and bit the price bullet. Meanwhile the release date placeholder remains at December 2016 for NA. Curse you Nintendo and your stupid REGION LOCK!!! ARRGGGHHHH

AA_Manfred_von_Karma_Roaring_2.gifAA_Manfred_von_Karma_Roaring_2.gifAA_Manfred_von_Karma_Roaring_2.gif

You guys seen this?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55316&page=1

Looks like the worst case scenario happened with Nohr's story. Should've known this would happen when the Iwata Asks said that Hoshido's story was conceived and written first.

Basically, a summary:

-"Reforming from within" doesn't happen until after you've already conquered Hoshido, with two or three chapters left. Until that point, it's "Herp derp Garon on Hoshido throne quicker = less death".

- Aqua's plan in the route makes no sense, and her motivations are unknown, with her general impact on the path being minimal.

- Kamui is a naive idiot who keeps following Garon's and Iago's order (compare to Hoshido!Kamui, who steels himself early on to face Nohr, and is in general much more ruthless, apparently slaughtering an entire barracks of Nohrian troops for no reason other then to draw Ganz out).

- Characters are inconsistent (example: WHY does Takumi quickly forgive you for slaughtering his subordinates when he so obviously hates you for most of the story?), and there's much less emotional impact overall.

So, you can't have everything. As penalty for having better map design and more popular characters, thou shalt have a trainwreck for a story. Very ironic that Hoshido has more complexities and emotional impact to it when Nohr was hyped up as such. And then the 3rd route is pretty much the Golden Ending. I half-seriously think they did this on purpose so no one version would be satisfactory.

Yeahhh... that kinda sucks...

I mean, it must be difficult writing two-three stories so close together, but...

...well, I'll just wait until I play the Nohr path to form my own opinions.

...partly because... I'm sorry, but I honestly just care about the Nohr siblings a lot more.

...and when I think about it, it'll probably BECAUSE of that, that I'll find Hoshido a lot more emotional.

...partly because... I'm sorry, but I honestly just care about the Nohr siblings a lot more.

...and when I think about it, it'll probably BECAUSE of that, that I'll find Hoshido a lot more emotional.

These are my feelings. Hoshido's story, objectively, might be written better, but all of the emotional moments I had? Connected to Nohr characters (exception is Kaze, who is always with you). I didn't care if Hoshido characters won or loss. I only felt things when NOHR characters died. (I also predicted more than half of it, oops... that didn't help matters)

Meanwhile, I think even with 'poor or quesitonable' writing (I use this loosely as a lot of the complaints I saw for the route? I had explanations that made logical sense; really only Azura leaves me baffled based on what I've seen), I will enjoy Nohr more because I actually care about the characters.

Exactly. Most of us like the Nohr characters more, and will play it for the gameplay.
It's just such a shame that it's not what it was said to be.

Exactly. Most of us like the Nohr characters more, and will play it for the gameplay.

What do you mean?

*slowly raises hand* B-but I like Hoshido's characters more... *is shot*

X_X

Edit: *rises from the grave* it's not that I hate Nohr's characters. In fact, I like them a whole bunch as well. Just... not as much as Hoshido's... *is shot again*

XX_XX

Edited by DragonFlames

I found more characters on the Hoshido side that I liked than Nohr to be honest but that is not to say I don't like the other characters as well. Just not as much.

Yeah, both sides have genuinely enjoyable characters.

Although, now that I think about it... Nohr's characters might be a bit more hilarious (Camilla, Odin, Luna and Velour), while Hoshido's are more on the serious side of things (Ryoma, Sakura, Kazahana)

It could simply be the supports that have been translated and the translations themselves, but the Nohr people just come off as more dimensional than the Hoshido folk to me as of right now. Maybe that'll change as more things are translated, though.

What do you mean?

It was advertised as having the deeper, more complex story.

As for characters, I see it this way: the Hoshido characters are more straightforward while the Nohr characters have first impressions work against them, only to be very different from what they seem. (And semi-related to this, I've heard that Pieri supports have been translated? If so, where could I find them?).

Edited by The DanMan

Still... Even if it's a LITTLE bit bad, I still looking forward to play it. I love most of the Nohr characters than in Hoshido side.

Really wonder why it's not a full rebel half way in rather than at the near-end, Kamui KNEW Mikoto died because of the sword.

Terrible writing for Nohr story imo, why did they bother making this story?

Really wonder why it's not a full rebel half way in rather than at the near-end, Kamui KNEW Mikoto died because of the sword.

Terrible writing for Nohr story imo, why did they bother making this story?

Money.

Either they intentionally promoted it wrong to get more sales(Especially from older fans who did not like FEA)or they changed it like one day before release.