Release hype thread

VincentASM

I admit, I'm actually extremely upset about this. One of the driving things about Awakening was that there were no 'canon' pairings. There was a lot of flexibility for headcanons in general, which made it fun for me, since I write fanfiction.

I finally started on my own novelization of Awakening (a dime a dozen I know) and F!RobinxInigo was the planned Avatar paired. The last thing I expected was for the 'happy ending' implied for the pairing (and other Avatar pairing) to be near-debunked by the new FE game. And it just…Really, really hurts. And sapped almost all motivation for the fic in one swoop, which is an awful feeling in of itself.

I was willing to accept them being AU versions of the kids. This I am *far* less willing to accept. There's probably more to this that we're not seeing, but until the situation is clarified, I'm now thinking of not buying FE14 at all. New information might change my mind, but that Odin/Lazward support frankly doesn't give me much hope.

I know this feel ... sending all my virtual hugs to you.

http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/sad-i-know-that-feel-bro-l.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Hama been playing his Rinkah with bronze weapons the whole time? For an axe user, she can barely dent the enemies in spite of all that levelling.

That cat is so cute omg

Has Hama been playing his Rinkah with bronze weapons the whole time? For an axe user, she can barely dent the enemies in spite of all that levelling.

I think someone mentioned earlier on in this thread that rinkah got strength screwed with like one strength level up so far.

Edited by goodperson707

She finally did 16x2 damage just now, so I think it has more to do with gear selection. The enemies are extremely scrubby on normal mode and 0 dmg and 0 hit seem to be all over the place even in the hands of that awful player.

I know this feel ... sending all my virtual hugs to you.

http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/sad-i-know-that-feel-bro-l.png

Thanks.

The worst part is, I was prepared to like this game. Hell, I was straight up optimistic. I liked Awakening's story, and planned to get the Hoshido version. I was looking forward to it. I didn't mind My Castle or the other stuff. Now I'm just depressed. Its difficult to explain, but as said before this really hit me hard.

I think IS overplayed their hand with this. :\

I admit, I'm actually extremely upset about this. One of the driving things about Awakening was that there were no 'canon' pairings. There was a lot of flexibility for headcanons in general, which made it fun for me, since I write fanfiction.

I finally started on my own novelization of Awakening (a dime a dozen I know) and F!RobinxInigo was the planned Avatar paired. The last thing I expected was for the 'happy ending' implied for the pairing (and other Avatar pairing) to be near-debunked by the new FE game. And it just…Really, really hurts. And sapped almost all motivation for the fic in one swoop, which is an awful feeling in of itself.

I was willing to accept them being AU versions of the kids. This I am *far* less willing to accept. There's probably more to this that we're not seeing, but until the situation is clarified, I'm now thinking of not buying FE14 at all. New information might change my mind, but that Odin/Lazward support frankly doesn't give me much hope.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand what you're worried about. We don't know why they are here yet, but my guess they just came here for some adventure and ended like this. o.o

Well apparently my four year old nephew is visiting today so I won't be able to keep up with this as well as I would have liked.

Streamer went to facerub Jakob again a minute ago, and it was different. First, on the list of options of who to facerub there was six people with hearts rather than the usual three, and when he went to rub Jakob there was 8 hearts to fill although he could only actually fill one and then it stopped. Presumably something to do with going for an S support rather than the lower ranks.

I'm just happy that Felicia is recruitable even if you play as female Kamui though.

On the Shara/ Lazward dialogue:

That Shara Femui thing is actually really sweet, and I love the meta aspect of it. They are basically a reincarnation of female Robin/Tharja but able to be together this time.

Not too sure what to make of the Inigo/Owain thing though. I didn't really get it.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand what you're worried about. We don't know why they are here yet, but my guess they just came here for some adventure and ended like this. o.o

Yes, we don't know why they came. But Lazward/Inigo referring to the other world as a 'dream'...Like I said, its hard to explain, but its not easy to reconcile what he says in this support with the idea he might possibly be married to the Avatar back in the Awakening world.

Same goes with the other kids. Even if they didn't marry the Avatar, what about their fellow kids who they might have married?

Streamer went to facerub Jakob again a minute ago, and it was different. First, on the list of options of who to facerub there was six people with hearts rather than the usual three, and when he went to rub Jakob there was 8 hearts to fill although he could only actually fill one and then it stopped. Presumably something to do with going for an S support rather than the lower ranks.

I do believe he could facerub 6 people because he upgraded My Room.

I don't get the problem, there are no canon pairings in awakening because every time someones plays it can be different, so the only real reason there are no canon parings is because they are all canon pairings. Your choices decide what is canon for you. so i see no reason why a support or a backstory existing in this game makes the pairing not canon for you. So in your play-though the kids origins are unexplained, boom your pairing is fine.

Yes, we don't know why they came. But Lazward/Inigo referring to the other world as a 'dream'...Like I said, its hard to explain, but its not easy to reconcile what he says in this support with the idea he might possibly be married to the Avatar back in the Awakening world.

Same goes with the other kids. Even if they didn't marry the Avatar, what about their fellow kids who they might have married?

OOH i get it.

I hope there won't be canon pairings too :)

Flora ... STAHP!

I thought everything was okay once we fought once and spared you! I thought we were friends now!

I have no idea if we actually fought against Flora in the previous chapter though

But seriously, wasn't there a shot of her as enemy on Nohr route as well? If so the Nohr box art is really misleading

Btw, Mozume has Weapon Master in her class list. It took me a while to recognize which class Hoshido streamer has her in, but saw her inventory just now.

I have no idea what route he took to get her there though, so don't know if it's promotion, second promotion or re-class.

I don't get the problem, there are no canon pairings in awakening because every time someones plays it can be different, so the only real reason there are no canon parings is because they are all canon pairings. Your choices decide what is canon for you. so i see no reason why a support or a backstory existing in this game makes the pairing not canon for you. So in your play-though the kids origins are unexplained, boom your pairing is fine.

The problem is this comes with the implication that some pairings from Awakening *aren't* or *can't be* canon. Not just RobinxInigo. But RobinxOwain, and RobinxSevera as well. Which is kinda ironic considering how they were the most popular/most-married pairings, and now

Obviously, we don't have the full story yet. But its not looking good.

I should clarify, I'm not upset about my ship possibly being sunk. Ships sink all the time and I'm typically indifferent. Awakening was a bit of a special case because of the 'all pairings canon' thing. I'm upset that something that was pretty much stated to be canon (all pairings are canon) has now possibly been retconned not to be so. The fact its one of my favorite Awakening pairings involved just amplifies it.

Edited by Alisa180

That's it, I've already decided this, but I am definately marrying Actual!Inigo in Nohr.He's my friest, and really only husband (besides Chrom) I had feelings/attatchments towards.
Don't be lonely! Oh no, I'm getting sad.

Edited by squkyshoes

Hi ppl! I'm just stopping in now (I cant read 100+ pages of backlog), anything interesting regarding Azura or the MU's origin's that I may have missed?