Advertising in the West?

Kamui-of-Nohr

How do you think that advertising would be approached here in the West? Would they push Nohr for the demeanor and culture? Or Hoshido for being different and newcomer friendly?

From the looks of it, can we say that Hoshido is more popular in Japan for the culture and the newcomer friendly?

I think that they may try to push Hoshido a little more but give Nohr more exposure.

Almost equal.

Edited by Kamui-of-Nohr

Advertise them both like how it's been, what with this choice of picking a side that IS goes on about.

I don't see the need to put one over the other.

Well, one is newcomer friendly and other is supposed to more complex.

I suppose they can have equal marketing. I doubt it through.

Knowing Nintendo, they'll probably push both paths rather equally, with a slant on Hoshido in the public eye and a slant for Nohr in the more dedicated gaming sense (Social Media and Dedicated Events). Post-Release in the event the game is received well, we could get trailers promoting the critical response like with Awakening. Or, they could give us something like this (please no!):

Knowing Nintendo, they'll probably push both paths rather equally, with a slant on Hoshido in the public eye and a slant for Nohr in the more dedicated gaming sense (Social Media and Dedicated Events). Post-Release in the event the game is received well, we could get trailers promoting the critical response like with Awakening. Or, they could give us something like this (please no!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM-s5C0dnZs

Dorcas is a pretty bad unit tho

I don't see them really pushing one over the other. I can already imagine that same advertising voice going, "Will you choose your Birthright?! Or will you settle for Conquest?!" or something like that. xD

I don't see them really pushing one over the other. I can already imagine that same advertising voice going, "Will you choose your Birthright?! Or will you settle for Conquest?!" or something like that. xD

Yep, which is basically what Japan has been doing.

Also that's so cheesy sounding, lmao, watch them do it too.

Knowing Nintendo, they'll probably push both paths rather equally, with a slant on Hoshido in the public eye and a slant for Nohr in the more dedicated gaming sense (Social Media and Dedicated Events). Post-Release in the event the game is received well, we could get trailers promoting the critical response like with Awakening. Or, they could give us something like this (please no!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM-s5C0dnZs

Dunno what you're talking about. This ad is hilarious to me. Though admittedly I might not realize it was advertising a game so...

personally, i do think it's going to be about equal, but i'm going to disagree w/ the "pokemon marketing"- pokemon is relatively neutral, as the game is relatively similar in both versions. for nohr/hoshido, it's the same setting and main characters, but then it's drastically different in plot, main classes available, and so on- even kamui's promotion.

so i don't think it's that neutral for advertising. i do think nohr is going to be pushed more, simply due to its plot, in all honesty. i wouldn't be surprised if they do push hoshido a bit more, but i am expecting nohr.

also, that ad- i had no clue it was advertising a game until the GBA screen appeared. it was funny, though.

Edited by falcoknights

The way they'll probably do it is that they'll highlight the choice of who to join and maybe have a Nohr ad and Hoshido ad. Giving a total of three ads to run. At least that would be how my unknowing self would do it.

Edited by LordTaco42