Character growth rates! (Spoilers)

VincentASM

@BaKaDaNaa: at least he starts with 15 speed, I think …

By the way, aren't there like 2 characters missing? Draj & Nacht from this site, specifically: https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/06/22/fire-emblem-fates-importers-source-characters-ongoing/

It would make sense, in my mind, as they both seem to be Nohrians, alongside Crimson and Asyura, while Yuugiri, Yukimura, Fuuga and Izana are all Hoshidans, as far as I know. This way, there's still an equal amount of characters on both sides, with Flora maybe joining on both (or only on the third path)?

Also, I've seen that there are critical hit portraits for Mikoto, Sumeragi, Garon and Shenmei. Any idea whether these 4 are playable ore are those just for (I guess, again) boss battles against them?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Arthur's luck growth is 5 even gunther has 3 times better luck growth then him. His son on the other hand is luckier than freaking Anna (and everybody else for that matter) at 75 Who is tied with my Trouba-Pony-Princes,. I mean Elise at 70.

And of course Effie is tied for highest strength on the Nohr side with 60 but is beat by Kagerou with 65 i did not see that coming tbh.

But remember you have to take the average of Harold's, his wife's, and his son to find his actual growth rate. So the 75 actually just evens it out.

@BaKaDaNaa: at least he starts with 15 speed, I think …

By the way, aren't there like 2 characters missing? Draj & Nacht from this site, specifically: https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/06/22/fire-emblem-fates-importers-source-characters-ongoing/

It would make sense, in my mind, as they both seem to be Nohrians, alongside Crimson and Asyura, while Yuugiri, Yukimura, Fuuga and Izana are all Hoshidans, as far as I know. This way, there's still an equal amount of characters on both sides, with Flora maybe joining on both (or only on the third path)?

Also, I've seen that there are critical hit portraits for Mikoto, Sumeragi, Garon and Shenmei. Any idea whether these 4 are playable ore are those just for (I guess, again) boss battles against them?

Those 2 aren't considered main characters. They're not with the other main characters and you can't invite them to My Room.

Same with the 4 kings/queens.

Maybe they're in the 3rd route or just NPCs. Oh yeah, they could be in DLC maps too.

[spoiler=Story spoilers]Garon is at least a boss in Nohr and Shenmei is at least a boss in the 3rd route.

I think Sumeragi may be a boss in the 3rd route too. Either as himself or in a possessed form.

God Arthur's luck growth is 5 even gunther has 3 times better luck growth then him. His son on the other hand is luckier than freaking Anna (and everybody else for that matter) at 75 Who is tied with my Trouba-Pony-Princes,. I mean Elise at 70.

And of course Effie is tied for highest strength on the Nohr side with 60 but is beat by Kagerou with 65 i did not see that coming tbh.

If children's growth works like in Awakening, his skill will never be more than 60+ (if you marry Elise).

Still really good though.

@VincentASM: thanks for the clarifications! It's hard to find any kind of information about those characters at the moment, so I'm rather curious about them, even though I'm not planning on using any of them (well, besides Flora)

But then, are Crimson, Asyura, Yuugiri, Yukimura, Fuuga and Izana part of the main characters and can be invited to My Room or not?

@VincentASM: thanks for the clarifications! It's hard to find any kind of information about those characters at the moment, so I'm rather curious about them, even though I'm not planning on using any of them (well, besides Flora)

But then, are Crimson, Asyura, Yuugiri, Yukimura, Fuuga and Izana part of the main characters and can be invited to My Room or not?

Yes.

They are weird because they only support the Avatar and Kanna. But you can face-rub them, etc.

Plus they aren't on the official site, so I don't know when/if they join.

If children's growth works like in Awakening, his skill will never be more than 60+ (if you marry Elise).

Still really good though.

His luck. But yeah i knew that with Arthur.lkfkf (sorry slipped on the key board don't know why ) bringing him down it should be lower but the base number is still freaking impressive, i guess i am just a sucker for small bits of story game play integration ie i kinda hope there are a good amount of Mercs in the ice tribe for felcia's reclass to make more sense,

There could be a possibility growths change though for NA release; in Sacred Stones at least some of the growth rates were changed from the Japan release. I remember Forde for example had a 5% increase to HP, little as that may be. The majority of the changes were increases, so even though it's slim, the chance for some of these characters' growths to even out a bit more is there.

Good to see growths are lower.

Still, even taking class growths, Hinata has a really low speed growth for his class, well then.

Also, what's with all the dislike for the inflated stats? I for one kind of appreciated it since I like to use as many characters as possible, since I feel like each one can be used somewhere, unless said character is a Jagan or something of the sort. At least in Awakening you were less likely to get RNG screwed with the addition of second seals.

So after combining Character & Class growths, Gunter ends up like this:

HP: 35%

Str: 25%

Mag: 0%

Skl: 15%

Spd: 5%

Lck: 20%

Def: 25%

Res: 5%

He's better than Jagen/Arran, but worse than both versions of Marcus. He feels more like an early FE5 prepromote.

So after combining Character & Class growths, Gunter ends up like this:

HP: 35%

Str: 25%

Mag: 0%

Skl: 15%

Spd: 5%

Lck: 20%

Def: 25%

Res: 5%

He's better than Jagen/Arran, but worse than both versions of Marcus. He feels more like an early FE5 prepromote.

Spoilers!!

in more ways than one apparently

Edited by goodperson707

Also, what's with all the dislike for the inflated stats? I for one kind of appreciated it since I like to use as many characters as possible, since I feel like each one can be used somewhere, unless said character is a Jagan or something of the sort. At least in Awakening you were less likely to get RNG screwed with the addition of second seals.

It's all relative and most people forget that. Like in FE5, for instance, the growth rates are low but so are the caps. And the promotion bonuses are fairly high, enemies are balanced around those character stats, etc. Tearring Saga is the same way and SD tried to also sort of be the same way, but failed due to other wonky mechanics.

High growths, low growths. Doesn't matter much out of context. In context though, it's actually easier to get RNG screwed and/or have a poorly balanced game when the growths are higher since in order to make the enemy stats actually match the high expected stats of the player, they'd be inflated along with the growths. Or else the game would be too easy. So, lunatic+ FE:A is actually kind of a pain in terms of RNG screwage to me, since you really do want the high growths to trigger and can feel it when they fail to. On the other hand, getting good stat-ups in a game with low growths means you were actually blessed rather than just meeting the expected curve and most characters are salvageable/usable even with poor stat-ups, since enemies will be generated based on lower growths too.

The GBA games are generally a good example of this, aside from FE6's wonky decision to give you level 1 pre-promos with lower bases and around the same growths as enemy promoted units, late in the game when enemies are actually promoted.

Edited by lysander