Generic Portrait Compilation and Capture Info) Edit: Updated with Possessed Versions and Info on Generic Capture

IGdood

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed those generics are gender-locked.

Since I'm planning to make a generic-only run, I wanted more diversity, like Female Hero or Female Thief. More Female, basically.

Still, some are looking good. I wonder if they change their look if we reclass them ?

The Nohrian designs are pretty solid besides the Dark Mage and Sorcerer.

That Wyvern Rider armor is the sexiest thing I have ever seen but why do they look like they are holding spears?. I'll take 20 please.

Hoshido Snipers, Holy Kite Warrior and Shura are awesome too. Aren't we missing the un-promoted male priest?

Weapon Master also looks amazingly smug

He can get married to the Golden Kite Warrior so we have a King and Queen of Smug. Who are subordinates to Oboro, Empress of Smug.

Edited by NekoKnight

The Dark Mage is in fact male.

The weird thing is, we've seen both male and female dark mages as map sprites. Could the portrait be used for both of them? Could we be missing a portrait?

Dang that Dark Mage/Sorcerer...that's a, uh, impressive, PLUNGING V-neck. I don't remember seeing that kind of outfit before. I must have a few of you.

I thought we wouldn't get any fox spirits if we went Nohr route, but silly me, of course they're enemy units. I'll take a couple of those, please. And some miko's. The outfit is super cute. And I like the Exorcist design, too, I want a few of those.

Thanks, many of these look awesome!

The ones I'm not so happy about:

- Great Knight and General have kind of silly helmets (General still reminds me of fruit). Their armor is otherwise really nice.

- Reventant Knight and Dark Knight are really taking that dark magic theme and running with it (Dark Knight is especially cool). Obviously they won't have dark magic. (okay, this isn't about looks, I admit)

- Berserker looks like some mistake child between a frog and a moose...

- The standard "Dark Mages ugh" issue with Dark Mage and Sorcerer, although Dark Mage being actually male is kind of awesome.

- Something about Spellcaster looks funny to me, not sure what.

- some of the designs are a bit bland compared to others (Paladin, Bow Knight and Strategist for example), but don't actually look bad

- "more female generics plz" (Charlotte wants to use her personal skill)

That's it, and mostly nitpicky stuff anyways.

On the awesome end of things:

- Mercenary and Hero are like the best male design ever!

- Adventurer has all the great things Trickster did and improved from there

- Miko is pure beauty

Also yes, I'm definitely capturing them all and using them in one of my playthroughs. Not on very high difficulty though.

Thank you for doing this, so many of these designs are really cool.

No problem!

The weird thing is, we've seen both male and female dark mages as map sprites. Could the portrait be used for both of them? Could we be missing a portrait?

If there is a missing portrait, then the data mining may have missed something.

Unless that portrait was unisex enough, though I doubt it because the chest is....quite masculine.

He can get married to the Golden Kite Warrior so we have a King and Queen of Smug. Who are subordinates to Oboro, Empress of Smug.

Wait, Oboro hates Nohr. Weapon Master, and Kite Warrrior both wield lances. Oboro is a Lancer. Both Weapon Master, and Kite Warrior are smug. Oboro is smugness incarnate. So, obviously Oboro's parents were a Kite Warrior, and a Weapon Master that died fighting Nohr, and that's the reason Oboro hates Nohr! :P

More seriously though it seems like smugness is a running theme amongst most Hoshidans, and I think that's great. Hell, even the doll looks a little smug.

Let's see...my favorites from each route so far...

Hoshido: Samurai is nice, but that TRUEBLADE. That dude is just...badass. That's all there is to it.

Miko is kind of pretty, yeah.

Nohr: The General looks a whole lot better. I still kind of like the helmet flare thing.

THE GREAT KNIGHT. DEAR LORD, THE GREAT KNIGHT. Holy shit, I love EVERYTHING about this guy.

Paladin and Cavalier are pretty badass, too. Wyvern Knight reminds me of Dragoon. Dragon Master ain't bad, either.

Sweet holy fuck the Dark Knight will haunt my nightmares. AND I LOVE THAT HELMET.

The Mercenary and Hero...damn, they look good.

The Adventurer is simply AMAZING.

Whaaaat? No more pope hat Bow Knights :(

They all look great, though (Except maybe the Dark Mage...), especially the Dark Knight, Hero, GK, Blacksmith, Shura, and shapeshifters.

Too Japanese for Nohr

I find Bow Knight most bland of the generic designs. Not bad really, just bland compared to others.