Generic Portrait Compilation and Capture Info) Edit: Updated with Possessed Versions and Info on Generic Capture

IGdood

The generic designs this time are far better than in FEA... I want to catch all of them and do a Generic Enemy Run. They look too cool! Why do generic enemies look so nice this time :< I don't want to kill them.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should probably access this elsewhere, but is there infinite leveling in Fates?

Say I captured "Funk" the Adventurer, would I be able to de-promote him to a Outlaw similar to Awakening's Second Seals?

Alternatively will Boss and/or Generic Characters be able to use the DLC Class change items? Like Ballistician Gazzak?

I should probably access this elsewhere, but is there infinite leveling in Fates?

Say I captured "Funk" the Adventurer, would I be able to de-promote him to a Outlaw similar to Awakening's Second Seals?

Alternatively will Boss and/or Generic Characters be able to use the DLC Class change items? Like Ballistician Gazzak?

The level cap is 99 I believe.

You can't class change anyone into a base class, but you'll be able to pick up their base class skills.

We're not sure at the moment, but it's possible.

The level cap is 99 I believe.

You can't class change anyone into a base class, but you'll be able to pick up their base class skills.

We're not sure at the moment, but it's possible.

Interesting, no previous Fire Emblem game has such a large level cap.

Pretty much no one can, protagonists included, right?

Are the Dread/DarkFalcon seals available, can everyone use those?

The maximum level cap is 20, you have to use Eternal Seal to increase the maximum level cap by 5.

Edited by huythekirby

The maximum level cap is 20, you have to use Eternal Seal to increase the maximum level cap by 5.

That's what I kind of meant. Naturally, the level cap is 20, but with constant Eternal Seal usage you can go up to 99. I don't remember what thread I heard that from (about 99 and all) but that's about it.

Interesting, no previous Fire Emblem game has such a large level cap.

Pretty much no one can, protagonists included, right?

Are the Dread/DarkFalcon seals available, can everyone use those?

Exactly.

Absolutely no one.

They're available right now, but Masenshi's only available if you purchased two paths (not sure if it's exactly Birthright and Conquest, or Birthright/Conquest and another path like Invisible Kingdom), while Dark Falcon's available only if you get all three. Masenshi's Birthright and Invisible Kingdom only while Dark Falcon is Conquest and Invisible Kingdom only. Neither are sex-locked.

Exactly.

Absolutely no one.

They're available right now, but Masenshi's only available if you purchased two paths (not sure if it's exactly Birthright and Conquest, or Birthright/Conquest and another path like Invisible Kingdom), while Dark Falcon's available only if you get all three. Masenshi's Birthright and Invisible Kingdom only while Dark Falcon is Conquest and Invisible Kingdom only. Neither are sex-locked.

Ok, gotcha!

So because that, there is a point where you can level no more like in previous games?

Can they be used on Captured units, such as Dread Fighter Bandit Twins, or Dark Falcon Draj(ok this is unlikely)?

Anyone have any personal thoughts on the Generic Unit portraits, or should I make another topic for that?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Ok, gotcha!

So because that, there is a point where you can level no more like in previous games?

Can they be used on Captured units, such as Dread Fighter Bandit Twins, or Dark Falcon Draj(ok this is unlikely)?

Anyone have any personal thoughts on the Generic Unit portraits, or should I make another topic for that?

Yup, everything reaches a cap sooner or later, but you can realistically get (mostly) everything you need/want before hitting that cap unlike in some past games, even with the RNG riding your ass throughout the game.

As of right now I'm not sure, and nobody who has actually tested it out has reported anything to this thread. Also, I heard that each separate file will only give you one of each DLC reclass item (i.e. Masenshi, Dark Falcon, Ballistician, Witch, Lodestar, Great Lord). Mostly everyone who got one spent them on their non-captured/generic units (Ballistician, Witch, Lodestar, and Great Lord have not yet been released).

You can talk about it here if you want. Personally, I was sort of hoping that a generic unit's portrait changed when you class changed/reclassed them but I suppose that that's to keep with the feel of how no character outside of specific characters in the Tellius duology changed portraits upon class changing.

Yup, everything reaches a cap sooner or later, but you can realistically get (mostly) everything you need/want before hitting that cap unlike in some past games, even with the RNG riding your ass throughout the game.

As of right now I'm not sure, and nobody who has actually tested it out has reported anything to this thread. Also, I heard that each separate file will only give you one of each DLC reclass item (i.e. Masenshi, Dark Falcon, Ballistician, Witch, Lodestar, Great Lord). Mostly everyone who got one spent them on their non-captured/generic units (Ballistician, Witch, Lodestar, and Great Lord have not yet been released).

You can talk about it here if you want. Personally, I was sort of hoping that a generic unit's portrait changed when you class changed/reclassed them but I suppose that that's to keep with the feel of how no character outside of specific characters in the Tellius duology changed portraits upon class changing.

Ok, thanks for clarifying all that!

Interesting, still I imagine using it on captured units will be important for those Generic Drafts!

The soldier class portrait surprises me the most, he looks more like a unique boss character,. The sloped brow, visible bright blonde hair, and evil grin contrast highly with the orderly appearance, face obscuring helmet, and neutral expression Soldiers have been depicted with in every other game. He looks more like a bandit then a Soldier!

Kinda a shame that the class can't promote/reclass in Fates, but I might use on anyway for the novelty.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

^ well the not promoting isn't that bad outside the 5 mov as they have in between class stat caps like singer, actually i think soldier has a better total besides singers high luck, plus soldier has a pretty good hp cap. The main problem i believe is the lack of any skills. i might also use one just for novelty, the unit should be decent using stances though.

^ well the not promoting isn't that bad outside the 5 mov as they have in between class stat caps like singer, actually i think soldier has a better total besides singers high luck, plus soldier has a pretty good hp cap. The main problem i believe is the lack of any skills. i might also use one just for novelty, the unit should be decent using stances though.

From what I heard about the skill part, Enemy Soldiers tend to have villager skills, and sometimes other classes as well. As no one reclasses to Soldier, the lack of any skills shouldn't be a huge problem compared to the other generics.

It's a real shame that we can't recruit any of the generic Fox Spirits, Nine-tailed Foxes, Garou, or Managarmr. I suppose that that's to keep the player from having too many overpowered units or it's probably for plot reasons (like they're simple-minded creatures or that will only obey their pack's alpha, and you can't recruit their pack's alpha when fighting them at all).

It's a real shame that we can't recruit any of the generic Fox Spirits, Nine-tailed Foxes, Garou, or Managarmr. I suppose that that's to keep the player from having too many overpowered units or it's probably for plot reasons (like they're simple-minded creatures or that will only obey their pack's alpha, and you can't recruit their pack's alpha when fighting them at all).

I really liked the Generic Garou portraits, they kinda remind of the Generic Manaketes with the hoods.

I'm thinking, its said earlier that Enemy units on Hard keep their stats and skills when capture recruited.

So I'm guessing that Enemy Units captured on Lunatic and above will also keep their skills, but Enemy Exclusive skills will disappear, or becoming something else. For example, Luna+ on a Lunatic Revenant Knight will become regular Luna. Recruiting enemy units in prison might also be more expensive on harder difficulties.

Both the foxes and the wolves did really.

Right.

I wonder why what specific reason they're not recruitable for? Maybe they like to keep some classes rare?

I wonder why what specific reason they're not recruitable for? Maybe they like to keep some classes rare?

Referring to an earlier post I made, maybe they only follow their pack leader (i.e. Nishiki and Flannel), and since you can't recruit their pack leader (Nishiki for Conquest and Flannel for Birthright) then maybe you can't recruit them at all. For the routes where their pack leader do join you then there's effectively no reason for you to encounter the pack as enemies unless there were renegades (and there are none), especially since you only literally encounter them when you fight either Nishiki or Flannel, and you don't encounter them before the fight, after the fight, or on any route that the leaders can be recruited. And like you said, maybe they wanted to keep certain classes rare.

Referring to an earlier post I made, maybe they only follow their pack leader (i.e. Nishiki and Flannel), and since you can't recruit their pack leader (Nishiki for Conquest and Flannel for Birthright) then maybe you can't recruit them at all. For the routes where their pack leader do join you then there's effectively no reason for you to encounter the pack as enemies unless there were renegades (and there are none), especially since you only literally encounter them when you fight either Nishiki or Flannel, and you don't encounter them before the fight, after the fight, or on any route that the leaders can be recruited. And like you said, maybe they wanted to keep certain classes rare.

Besides shifters as mentioned, Brigands/Pirates/Berserkers tend to extremely rare. Discounting Awakening, Binding Blade had the most available Berserkers at three.

They're all chasing good ol' Yarne, as he came with the other three kids from Awakening

Got a link to those images? Always curious to see more screens/info on those characters. :)

http://ゲーム攻略.biz/ファイアーエムブレムif捕獲可能なボス一覧/

http://ゲーム攻略.biz/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/wpid-DOrq67y1.jpg

They were on an image board, they belong to the uploader.

Looks like Gazzack has Raven Strike(Bow Knight Skill), and Stubbornness in addition to Pavise!

Edited by Emperor Hardin