Generic Portrait Compilation and Capture Info) Edit: Updated with Possessed Versions and Info on Generic Capture

IGdood

Raven Strike is a Sniper/Holy Bowman skill though.

Anyway I think those are only present on the higher difficulties, because I don't recall Haitaka/Kumagera (who you encounter in the story) having them on Normal. Though I think that was already mentioned.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raven Strike is a Sniper/Holy Bowman skill though.

Anyway I think those are only present on the higher difficulties, because I don't recall Haitaka/Kumagera (who you encounter in the story) having them on Normal. Though I think that was already mentioned.

Thats what I mean, its a Hard Mode Bonus, kinda like how in the GBA games some recruitable characters had better base stats on hard due to their stint as an enemy unit.

Also found who the Generic Soldier reminds me of.

Portrait_ruben_fe12.pngPortrait_ruben_febs.png

There's also the issue that the children paralogues apparently seem to scale up if you leave them for later in the story. I don't know if that helps giving the bosses better skills, but it seems likely.

They're available right now, but Masenshi's only available if you purchased two paths (not sure if it's exactly Birthright and Conquest, or Birthright/Conquest and another path like Invisible Kingdom), while Dark Falcon's available only if you get all three. Masenshi's Birthright and Invisible Kingdom only while Dark Falcon is Conquest and Invisible Kingdom only. Neither are sex-locked.

I'm pretty sure there's no kingdom restriction for those two classes. The kingdom information is just flavor text in their description. I remember seeing a screenshot of a Dread Fighter/Masenshi Odin before the 3rd route was out.

There's also the issue that the children paralogues apparently seem to scale up if you leave them for later in the story. I don't know if that helps giving the bosses better skills, but it seems likely.

I'm pretty sure there's no kingdom restriction for those two classes. The kingdom information is just flavor text in their description. I remember seeing a screenshot of a Dread Fighter/Masenshi Odin before the 3rd route was out.

And this was in Conquest or Birthright? Because Odin can be recruited in Birthright through My Castle with another player.

Dreadfighter_Odin_01_zpssz3eht5d.jpg

Here's the shot I mentioned showing Odin as a Dreadfighter. Note that he has no shield icon on his map sprite, so that's not a guest Odin in Hoshido, but the actual one in Nohr route.

Besides, it'd make no sense to make them route exclusive. You get Dreadfighter by buying one extra route, aside from the original one on cart, but if it were exclusive to Hoshido, then you'd basically get nothing if you first bought Hoshido and afterwards bought Nohr to play through it.

Edited by NeonZ

Ooh...I like the puppeteers design. And so you are saying Dark Mage is male?! Wow.... The maids also got a good design. The dolls are just scary...

I'm not sure if this has been mentionned before, but you can actually cross-buy any generics you have captured (including the bosses) through any of your saves by talking to your castle host (Joker, ect).

For example, I can buy Daniella (that I captured on my 2nd Hoshido playthrough) on my Nohr playthrough. It's costly though (12420 gold for the level 6 Daniella), but it's a possibility and its less expensive than buying a card of a similar level regular character. The price vary a little bit even for same level units (For example, my level 3 maid costs 11460 and level 3 revenant knight costs 10500). These units have the stats and levels of when they were captured, so this does allow you to have any of the boss generics on any path.

Alternatively, if you wanted to transfer over a generic with any new gained level or skill, when you finish the game you can pick 5 units of your choice to make cards of and I believe you can pick your generics. You can then purchase the card on any of your saves to have your fancy upgraded generic there (... though you can also make cards of your regular cast too, as well as pay money to make a card of them at any point in time).

One thing to note is that when using the first method, your generics don't have the "white frame" that can be seen on card units; they look just like regularly recruited units so that's a small bonus.

Edited by Ayra

And can you rename your generics? Poor do they get a default name like the Dreadlords? I mean, in one playthrough, I'll probably feel the urge of using my friends'friends' (and my own, if I feel like being the hero) names for the generic captured enemies, and/or use them for the Streetpass team.

Good to know we CAN fill out our poke-boss-dex fully with a bit of effort! XD

Ayra, have you tried using the dread Fighter seal and/or the parallel seals on the Boss generics? Just to confirm that it is possible on those units in particular?

@Hardin

Thanks for sharing those pictures! Seems interesting that some of those high level bosses didn't get any skills... Whereas yeah, Gazzack had some interesting ones.

Wonder if the files were just different difficulties on the ones with no skills, or just some of them don't come with anything cool? :\

You can. I've just reclassed a generic Nohr soldier to a Dark Pegasus.

In semi-related news, I've just got the cipher Pegasus Knight Minerva, and it looks like she has her own unique class. She can't be promoted.

Thanks for sharing those pictures! Seems interesting that some of those high level bosses didn't get any skills... Whereas yeah, Gazzack had some interesting ones.

Wonder if the files were just different difficulties on the ones with no skills, or just some of them don't come with anything cool? :\

Based on the original post, I think those are all for Lunatic and pre-chapter 27 for the paralogue bosses. So, yes, the ones without starting skills there really don't have any special ones from outside of their class lines, doesn't matter what you do.

In semi-related news, I've just got the cipher Pegasus Knight Minerva, and it looks like she has her own unique class. She can't be promoted.

She's a "Pegasus Knight", but her skills seem to be the same as Dark Falcon, based on a screenshot I saw on Miiverse. I don't know about her caps though.

Edited by NeonZ

And can you rename your generics? Poor do they get a default name like the Dreadlords? I mean, in one playthrough, I'll probably feel the urge of using my friends'friends' (and my own, if I feel like being the hero) names for the generic captured enemies, and/or use them for the Streetpass team.

Sadly it doesn't seem you can.

I'm hoping for a regional bonus, or DLC, but I don't think its likely. I'd totally name that Soldier, Ruben.

Good to know we CAN fill out our poke-boss-dex fully with a bit of effort! XD

Ayra, have you tried using the dread Fighter seal and/or the parallel seals on the Boss generics? Just to confirm that it is possible on those units in particular?

@Hardin

No problem at all.

Gazzack seems pretty worthwhile for a boss with those skills.

I like the tribute to the First boss with his name, now if only he was a pirate, and had the bandanna/beard.

They get a new generic head when they reclass, right? What does the Dark Pegasus one look like?

I like the tribute to the First boss with his name, now if only he was a pirate, and had the bandanna/beard.

I think he's supposed to resemble the generic pirate sprite from the first FE, which was the only graphical representation that Gazzack had there, rather than the mugshot made for FE3 and which was the basis of his Shadow Dragon redesign.

gazzak_03_zpsxq7shcyo.png

The pirate sprite back then seemed to be bald with some kind of headband wrapped around it, pretty much fitting with his design here, aside from the changed class.

Edited by NeonZ

I think he's supposed to resemble the generic pirate sprite from the first FE, which was the only graphical representation that Gazzack had there, rather than the mugshot made for FE3 and which was the basis of his Shadow Dragon redesign.

gazzak_03_zpsxq7shcyo.png

The pirate sprite back then seemed to be bald with some kind of headband wrapped around it, pretty much fitting with his design here, aside from the changed class.

Hmm, I never saw it that way in the past(possibly due to exposure to the SNES game first), but yeah you're right, it does also look like a bald guy with a headband!

They get a new generic head when they reclass, right? What does the Dark Pegasus one look like?

They keep their portrait on class change/promotion. However, the battle model head has a nice helmet with wings (for both gender).

They keep their portrait on class change/promotion. However, the battle model head has a nice helmet with wings (for both gender).

Thats cool, guess we'll see Dreadlock fighters now!

Tell me if there's any word on the promotion items being usable on capturable bosses.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a question I asked on another thread but I feel that it's best if I asked it here: Haitaka, Gazzak, Sen'ō, and Vashala all start out in first-tier classes, so if they promote into a second-tier class will they keep their unique color schemes and model details or will they pull a Gregor/Pieri and switch into a generic model and color scheme?

This is a question I asked on another thread but I feel that it's best if I asked it here: Haitaka, Gazzak, Sen'ō, and Vashala all start out in first-tier classes, so if they promote into a second-tier class will they keep their unique color schemes and model details or will they pull a Gregor/Pieri and switch into a generic model and color scheme?

Guys in Prologues like Gazzak and Vashala promote offscreen if you do the Prologue later, so I'd assume they do.

I did see a video of a Paralogue with Hero Vashala, and his color scheme was black.