Generic Portrait Compilation and Capture Info) Edit: Updated with Possessed Versions and Info on Generic Capture

IGdood

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do we have screenshots of how they look like in battle?

100% similar to enemies. No glow, no thing.

You can catch those semi-boss units? Whoa! I was not expecting that! I never even tried to catch those because I was sure it wouldn't work... Well, I'll know for next playthrough!

Thanks for all the info so far.

The Amiibo characters are locked?! Damn you Nintendo. It's not like I don't want to buy your insanely hard to find Amiibo but I don't have $40 bucks a pop to import figurines that are only supposed to be $15. Maybe by 2016, the Amiibo shortage will be a thing of the past. I can dream.

But I guess it's cool that you can copy your own characters to use them as spotpass characters. It sounds a little odd but I can't wait to see it in action. People will love to have an Army of Camilla's. :p

I just hope that the "Avatar Logbook" carries through different saves like in Awakening. I plan to play through the two major stories as one character/save and then go through the 3rd/DLC route as another character. So being able to bring over my main from the first two playthroughs would be very nice. I don't mind that they cost a pretty penny, it makes up for having all of that control.

I know this isn't a feature too many people will touch, but I plan to go balls to the wall insane with it.

But now I have to look into the max stats and weapons rank of this game. Where in the world did S rank weapons come from? And it looks like no one can really use them? That's not related to this thread, but I must do reeessseearrrch now. *Uncle's voice from Jackie Chan Adventures*

100% similar to enemies. No glow, no thing.

You can catch those semi-boss units? Whoa! I was not expecting that! I never even tried to catch those because I was sure it wouldn't work... Well, I'll know for next playthrough!

Yes, there are pictures of 4 unique enemy units in prison or recruited now, so it seems like all unimportant bosses might be recruitable.

Kumagera_01_zpsour4h5ep.jpgKumagera_02_zpsa3jnbvwe.jpg

MlWA77uOk5gMYKFMc1_zpscbtthmax.jpgMlWA77uUf5IOf6W3m0_zpsoitovecv.jpg

Daniela_01_zpsjb7q8moq.jpg

Edited by NeonZ

Hm... The capture mechanic has been rather underwhelming so far. Generics don't have supports and have fewer class/skill options so they are generally inferior to your other units. It's a bother to train them when the rest of your army is already stronger. Maybe this will be more worthwhile on harder difficulties. Them keeping their default portrait is nice though.

^^ Uh what is underwhelming about the mechanic? The mechanic seems to meet or exceed my exceptions so far. From the info on the prison we got i never excepted them to have supports, and the class options are not surprising in the least, but a welcome surprise to me is that the capturable bosses appear to be able to keep their skills from other classes ie a strategist boss with a revenant knight skill Shura with magic counter and 2 strike skills. The mechanic to me is exactly what it is meant to be.

Edited by goodperson707

When it came to Awakening, I never went with what was "functional". More about how I would form my army and playing it to my taste. As long as the Generics aren't SUPER gimped, I don't mind going out of my way to make them as decent as a regular army member.

I'm also that guy who trained up Donnel and Olivia in Awakening and made them both DEMONS on the battlefield, so that should speak to my psyche. I'm also a little sad about not having any supports but I totally expected that. But if I am not mistaken, the buffs from supports and Pair Up mechanics were nerfed anyway. So pairing up two units who are BFF's isn't as big as an advantage as it was before.

So I'm still okay with recent developments. But now I just thought of it... what if you can promote Generic Units with DLC classes that normally anyone can use?

Hype... intensifying.

^^ Uh what is underwhelming about the mechanic? The mechanic seems to meet or exceed my exceptions so far. From the info on the prison we got i never excepted them to have supports, and the class options are not surprising in the least, but a welcome surprise to me is that the capturable bosses appear to be able to keep their skills from other classes ie a strategist boss with a revenant knight skill Shura with magic counter and 2 strike skills. The mechanic to me is exactly what it is meant to be.

It's not a matter of the lack of supports or class/skill options being unexpected, just the fact that they are inferior to your other units in most ways. Most generics don't have unique skills and none have personal skills as far as I know. Even as far as stats go, my regular soldiers tend to be superior.

I'm playing the game on normal difficulty so generics may prove superior in Hard and Lunatic.

^ well i meant how is that underwhelming, that pretty much means you thought that they would be better than they actually are. When the feature appears to be exactly what i thought it would be a cool way of recruiting generics (and some bosses) but with units that are of course weaker than my own.

Vincent confirmed all the unique non-important bosses can indeed be captured in Kirokan's pinned character thread.

Thought it might be worthwhile reposting that list here.

List of units that can be captured:

CPT Daniela

CPT Haitaka

CPT Kumagera

CPT William

CPT Hormone

CPT Nacht

CPT Draj

CPT Banba

CPT Funk

CPT Daichi

CPT Gazzack

CPT Senou

CPT Vashala

CPT Paladin M

CPT Cavalier M

CPT Great Knight M

CPT Knight M

CPT General M

CPT Berserker M

CPT Fighter M

CPT Brave Hero M

CPT Mercenary M

CPT Bow Knight M

CPT Outlaw M

CPT Adventurer M

CPT Trueblade M

CPT Samurai M

CPT Weapon Master M

CPT Shura M

CPT Oni Savage M

CPT Blacksmith M

CPT Holy Lancer M

CPT Lancer Fighter M

CPT Basara M

CPT Spellcaster M

CPT Exorcist M

CPT Priestess

CPT Priest

CPT War Priestess

CPT Falcon Warrior F

CPT Pegasus Warrior F

CPT Golden-kite Warrior F

CPT Bowman M

CPT Holy Bowman F

CPT Wyvern Lord M

CPT Wyvern Rider M

CPT Revenant Knight M

CPT Elite Ninja M

CPT Ninja M

CPT Puppeteer M

CPT Herb Merchant M

CPT Great Merchant M

CPT Sorcerer M

CPT Dark Mage M

CPT Dark Knight M

CPT Strategist F

CPT Rod Knight F

CPT Maid

CPT Villager M

CPT Lancer M

So... For those wanting to see all the unique enemy units that can be captured all of them can be seen in Kirokan's EXCELLENT pinned character thread.(plot SPOILER warning for Character thread) For those purely wanting to see those Characters themselves I have quoted his translations and images here as well. Credit of course goes to Kirokan.

I don't think most of them are really spoilers as they are not central to the plot... But here they are in spoilers anyways.

Avoid the unit profiles spoiler if you wish to avoid possible spoilers, just look at the name and images spoiler instead.

All capturable unique generic characters

[spoiler=Unit Profiles]

Draj ドラジェ

The legendary genius explorer of Nohr. Has gone through her entire life as an explorer.

draj.png?w=545

Nacht ナハト

A soldier of Nohr. Though he is apathetic to all affairs, his desire to live is stronger than others.

nacht.png?w=545

Daniela ダニエラ

A General of Nohr. She leads a great army to protect the border of Nohr.

daniela.png?w=545

Haitaka ハイタカ

A General of Hoshido. He occupies and defends the Black Dragon Fortress.

haitaka.png?w=545

Kumagara クマゲラ

A General of Hoshido. Seeks King Garon of Nohrs life.

kumagara.png?w=545

William ウィリアム

An unidentifiable soldier. Is always seen together with Hormone.

william.png?w=545

Hormone ホルモン

An unidentifiable soldier. Is always seen together with William.

hormone.png?w=545

Gazzak ガザック

A scoundrel of the remote regions. Built a village near the border of the unknown regions.

gazzak.png?w=545

Banba バンバ

A scoundrel of the remote regions. Robs those who come close to the remote regions.

banba.png?w=545

Funk ファンク

A scoundrel of the remote regions. He breaks into wealthy homes and steals all their money and goods.

funk.png?w=545

Daichi ダイチ

A scoundrel of the remote regions. He brought down a fox spirit and sold it at a high price.

daichi.png?w=545

Senou セノウ

A scoundrel of the remote regions. He came across a rare tome and used it to commit evil.

senou.png?w=545

Vashara ヴァスハラ

A scoundrel of the remote regions. Was once a known swordsman but fell from grace when he joined the enemy.

vashara.png?w=545

[spoiler=Unit names+Images]

[spoiler=Character spoiler]

Draj ドラジェ

draj.png?w=545

Nacht ナハト

nacht.png?w=545

Daniela ダニエラ

daniela.png?w=545

Haitaka ハイタカ

haitaka.png?w=545

Kumagara クマゲラ

kumagara.png?w=545

William ウィリアム

william.png?w=545

Hormone ホルモン

hormone.png?w=545

Gazzak ガザック

gazzak.png?w=545

Banba バンバ

banba.png?w=545

Funk ファンク

funk.png?w=545

Daichi ダイチ

daichi.png?w=545

Senou セノウ

senou.png?w=545

Vashara ヴァスハラ

vashara.png?w=545

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

All the purple/shadowy guys are indeed kinda like the new Risen. Except instead of being undead they're the people who live in the Invisible Kingdom, and it's not really clear if they're people or monsters taking human shape.

Love these designs way more than the generics for Awakening.

I'll definitely be using Draj if there's a spare unit available (I usually pair my units together for faster supports and better stats). Even if she doesn't speak, she'll still be my favorite. Daniela is creepy, but I may use her too, her design is intriguing.

I posted this in the character topic, but it's useful here too.

Neutral Bosses

William – Kanna Paralogue

Hormone – Kanna Paralogue

Nacht – Sophie Paralogue

Draj – Midoriko Paralague

Nohr Bosses

Haitaka – Chapter 9

Kumagara – Chapter 14

Gazzack – Foleo Paralogue

Senou – Ophelia Paralogue

Vashara - Soleil Paralogue

Hoshido Bosses

Daniela – Chapter 14

Banba – Shinonome Paralogue

Funk – Gurei Paralogue

Daichi – Kinu Paralogue

Avaliability of the unique bosses, based on the text dump. The three bosses from numbered chapters don't seem to be in the third route chapters.

Daichi is a Basara correct? Unlike everyone else, his base class promotes from two different things (either a Lance Fighter or a Spellcaster). Can someone tell me which class Daichi promoted from?

I'll definitely be using Draj if there's a spare unit available (I usually pair my units together for faster supports and better stats). Even if she doesn't speak, she'll still be my favorite. Daniela is creepy, but I may use her too, her design is intriguing.

I agree. I really like her design. She maybe that "fat chick" trope they were going for, but I actually think she's pretty nice. I'm going to capture all the bosses and put them in my Avatar Book.

Gotta, gotta, gotta catch 'em all! Gotta catch 'em all, PRISONERS! :smug:

Daichi is a Basara correct? Unlike everyone else, his base class promotes from two different things (either a Lance Fighter or a Spellcaster). Can someone tell me which class Daichi promoted from?

Sure, Lance Fighter.

Also, that's weird that Daniela has a skill that's not listed in her basic data.

Guess I'll search her Chapter 14 version to see if it's different...

EDIT

Great, enemy skills are defined in their chapter. Of course : P

EDIT2

Okay, that's weird. Daniela's growths and caps are different when she's an enemy and a playable unit. I assume her playable growths/caps have priority, otherwise her growths will be terrible.

Edited by VincentASM

It's basically what is expected, but I just want to report I've been leveling up a Nohr soldier. He mostly got 1 stat level ups and at level 11 his only skill is the one he started with (underdog).

Hmm, that's strange... I expected better stat ups.

Are these generic growths inaccurate then? o__o

Well, I got 4 levels with him. Three were 1 stat up, one was 2 stat up before ditching him. It's not statistically significant of course. I can try to get a few more with him once I'm a bit further (So he gets bonus exp for more convenient leveling up). I did get some Dark Mage and Revenant Knight levels on generic and those were pretty good.

I'll probably be using Daniella this playthrough, I'll keep you posted if I see anything really odd.

Also, for reference sake, I got the Marth and the Lucina from the Fire Emblem IF cards. Both starts at level 10 with no items with two skills (I tried loading them on both my files). The Masked Lucina actually has a mask on her little map icon, but if you equip any head accessory her mask gets removed on her battle model).

Well for awakening it is pretty normal, for fates it and Gazzack are the only ones i see that lets you get a +2 gain.

I was wondering if maybe it has their class growths worked in already and then it has code to ignore class growths. But then i checked so unless it allows negative growths adventurer at least has too low res for that to work. There might be more examples.