Spoiler Free Discussion Thread

Looking at the max stats and skills for the classes doesnt the Nohr classes seem way better than Hoshi's, I mean their berserker and brave hero trumps all of Hoshi's classes in terms of strength, skill and speed. Plus Nohr gets skills such as Lifetaker, Vengence and Galeforce.

Reason I bring this up is because I was looking forward to starting of with Hoshi's route so I'm hoping someone would explain the up side to them. Because what good is a couple of 2 or 3 points in skill and speed (which would turn 90% chance to hit to 80% chance to hit) compared to 2-10 points in damage.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the max stats and skills for the classes doesnt the Nohr classes seem way better than Hoshi's, I mean their berserker and brave hero trumps all of Hoshi's classes in terms of strength, skill and speed. Plus Nohr gets skills such as Lifetaker, Vengence and Galeforce.

Reason I bring this up is because I was looking forward to starting of with Hoshi's route so I'm hoping someone would explain the up side to them. Because what good is a couple of 2 or 3 points in skill and speed (which would turn 90% chance to hit to 80% chance to hit) compared to 2-10 points in damage.

Vengeance has been nerfed in both damage and activation rate.

Galeforce has also been nerfed, as it will no longer work if they attack is in a defense or attack stance.

Here's a list of Hoshido skills. Breaking Sky is a popular one, at least. Plus, the Dread Fighter has a nerfed version of Aggressor, which is also nice.

Edited by Zachmac

shoot, there goes my plan for completing Lunatic mode

Yeah, me too lol. Though if Pheonix mode were allowed in Lunatic mode, it wouldn't really be Lunatic, would it?

I'll be trying Lunatic in Hoshido sometime, but I'm not sure about Nohr.

Vengeance has been nerfed in both damage and activation rate.

Galeforce has also been nerfed, as it will no longer work if they attack is in a defense or attack stance.

Here's a list of Hoshido skills. Breaking Sky is a popular one, at least. Plus, the Dread Fighter has a nerfed version of Aggressor, which is also nice.

Vengeance hasn't been directly nerfed in damage, but it's definitely much less impressive when everyone has such low max HP. There's just not much reason to use it when its damage output will rarely be better than Luna or Breaking Sky and it isn't anywhere near guaranteed anymore.

Vengeance hasn't been directly nerfed in damage, but it's definitely much less impressive when everyone has such low max HP. There's just not much reason to use it when its damage output will rarely be better than Luna or Breaking Sky and it isn't anywhere near guaranteed anymore.

Oh, uh, oops. For some reason I was thinking Awakening added all of your damage taken to the attack.

EDIT: has anyone else looked at the usage for weapons? Seems like the nerfed the heck out usage for staves. For example Physics and the closest Baton equivalent have 5 uses!

Apparently, the stat reduction don't apply to the support unit in Attack Stance. 7

But yeah, lots of thoughts will be put in which weapons you uses.

I think when they talk about "reducing weakness", they simply means that if you strengthen the weapons, the stats reduction will become less important proportionally (for example, if you had +10 hit and +2 Might, you can loose 2 Str and 2 Skl and find yourself as strong as with a normal Silver Weapons).

So you mean your support unit in an attack stance doesn't suffer stat reduction?

And I read on another thread penalties actually apply for each weapon swing; it's a scary thought if true and probably rules out using Brave Weapons (-4 Res and Def) against bosses. Imagine being above the double attack threshold and having your def & res reduced by 16! They might have overly nerfed Brave weapons...

And yea that would make more sense, being able to purchase away a weapon's weaknesses would just make the late game easier.

Edited by BlueL

So, not a release date but for us non spoiler folk wanting any fates information.

Amazon US has finally added birthrights for preorder. Date still has the default Dec 31 2016 but its something..

So, not a release date but for us non spoiler folk wanting any fates information.

Amazon US has finally added birthrights for preorder. Date still has the default Dec 31 2016 but its something..

Why must they torture us? I'm starting to go insane...

Does anyone know if the special edition will be released in the West? It would sure save me some trouble and I want that artbook.

No news yet, but I'm hoping we get one here.

Yeah, spoilers are everywhere. If you want to avoid more, I would avoid listening/ watching anything Fates related, because I'm listening to the OST and have to deal with videos featuring the endgame with spoilers in the title and thumbnail (jeez people, can you NOT put spoilers in those?) are plaguing the recommended video sections.

Exactly! I learned that the hard way...

I'm disappointed that they didn't reveal the localization date along with the release of the 3rd path.

Also, I like how the localization date is what we have become obsessed with instead of the actual game.

Yeah, you're not alone. I can wait for the game, expecially since I realized that the stuff that needs to be translated is really *a lot*. But at least give us a date, Even if it is April again. It's really bad to know that something good will come, but you don't know when.

Yeah, you're not alone. I can wait for the game, expecially since I realized that the stuff that needs to be translated is really *a lot*. But at least give us a date, Even if it is April again. It's really bad to know that something good will come, but you don't know when.

My guess is mid to late February or early March. Hopefully even earlier than that, but I kinda doubt it.

My guess is mid to late February or early March. Hopefully even earlier than that, but I kinda doubt it.

You Americans are lucky then. I can imagine we Europeans have to wait for a longer time.

It will probably come out in April in Europe like Awakening did. Unless NoE decides to grant our wishes and give it to us earlier.

Or it might be released exactly a year after the Japanese release, just like Awakening...

I really hope it isn't anywhere near June. That would be right in the middle of my final high school exams and I won't have time to play Fates.

Well, better than my situation. I am graduating from college next year, so I won't have extraordinary much time for Fates anyway. I just hope to get enough time to experience all three routes.

I hope Europe and North America get it at the same time, so I can play it a day later than everyone else. :P:

(games always show up late for Hawaii)

I hope Europe and North America get it at the same time, so I can play it a day later than everyone else. :P:

(games always show up late for Hawaii)

How much later? D: