Why do people barely complain about the really risque character designs?

Camilla

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Restricting our focus to stuff you see ingame doesn't change much when female Corrin gets panty shots in pretty much every battle and story scene she shows up in, especially after promotion, despite wearing armor over every place that isn't her crotch. There's absolutely no excuse for that, especially on a character that's supposed to be a player insert.

Btw, you can tell Charlotte waxes/shaves because pubes are supposed to be at the bit of her pubic region you can see.

So does every other female character, whether it be underarm, legs, or pubic region. I think some of the dudes do, as well.

So does every other female character, whether it be underarm, legs, or pubic region. I think some of the dudes do, as well.

Proof that other characters shave their pubic region?

Doesn't change the fact that it's there. If Marx's design had his penis completely uncovered and hanging out, do you think it's ok simply because his ingame portrait doesn't have it?

If we can only see it by hacking the game, I wouldn't see the harm. (Though you might be encouraging a lot of people to hack if that would be the case).

Anyway, yes I admit that it is an issue with some of the battle models, and those are worse than anything in Awakening (bar Olivia). I haven't seen every class yet (only played Hoshido and I'm not done yet), but here's the classes with pretty liberal fanservice.

- Female Cavalier, Female Paladin. It's like the Awakening battle panties, but smaller. I think Pieri actually has pants though, but Sophie sure doesn't.

- Male Dark Mages and Sorcerers. I haven't seen any female ones yet.

- Female Great Knight bottom half is basically the same as what Charlotte wears there. However, the back has a big "flap" and when on the horse it's impossible to see. It's an entirely different matter if your Kamui is that class during storyline cutscenes however...

- Female Knight, female General. Especially the general with an uncovered thong back. I think Effie has pants though, can't confirm.

- Orochi starting class has her pants so low that you see her ass crack. However, all of her promotion choices have her fully covered.

- Kagerou has an extremely bouncy and prominent chest in her starting ninja class (her entire model and clothing is actually different from generic ninjas). Kagerou's elite ninja promotion also has a really revealing unique model, but that does not apply to any of her other classes (including Puppetmaster).

While this list probably sounds very damming, it's definitively not as bad as it sounds. The vast majority of the Hoshido outfits (especially the promoted ones) are actually very covering (either pants or dresses that reach the floor with maybe a small slit at most). Classes like Wyvern Riders (both paths) actually wears full pants now. Both Pegasus Rider promotion paths are much more covered than any in pretty much all non FE9-10 games. While the fanservice-y outfits has more fanservice than Awakening, the amount of classes that actually have fanservice is considerably lower than in Awakening. Though there's some classes I haven't see female variants of yet.

Why are all the knight and cavalry classes not having the pants? That makes the least sense.

Edited by Knight

- Female Knight, female General. Especially the general with an uncovered thong back. I think Effie has pants though, can't confirm.

She does not, Effie's butt has became something of a joke on Hama's stream, in fact, when Hama promoted her to General. In Knight, because the armor goes far enough down to cover the panty area it could be ambiguous light-skintone pants almost if you don't look too closely, but General is just too goddamn obvious.

Tharja base design, Noire, and Aversa says hi this isn't special.

The existence of other shitty designs does not make the shitty designs here any less shitty.

Save the smugness for when you have something meaningful to say.

yeah keep being in denial buddy as we have the designs of the characters.

The designs of the characters showing what, exactly, that contradicts any of my statements?

What the fuck are you trying to say?

oh god the bottom halves are even worse

whyyyy are pants not a thing?

edit: they don't even need to be long pants c'mon

Edited by Crysta

And in other news, it turns out that people in other countries actually swim naked and don't wear bathing suits, especially at beaches.

Nothing new here.

Different swimming attire doesn't change what makes sense for battle, especially for someone who's bothering to wear armor.

Edited by Othin

I've given up yelling and just started redoing the outfits entirely

I think I recall liking your Charlotte one and I look forward to more.

Speaking of Charlotte, what in the hell? Pretty sure even crazy people like her don't dress like that. I guess I'm cool with Ophelia's design but I wish it were a bit more modest.

Why do so many female characters in this game have their thighs exposed? This is not how women.

I remember when people used to complain that the short skirts and thigh high boots were too much fanservice in FE, now a lot of female characters like going to battle in just their panties apparently :/

Edited by -Cynthia-