People

Defeatist Elitist

But what do you think of them?

I ask this because I notice throughout the world and internet many views on humanity. Everyone thinks differently. Thus, I wish to learn more of them, and perhaps come closer to full comprehension. I understand this is risky, and probably isn't the greatest idea in the middle of a bunch of people I don't know, but alas, that is simply how I am.

So what do you think? Are you one of the people who are quite common on the internet? The ones who believe that most people are scum? The ones that hate all those popular kids? That say all the boys are jerks and dumbasses and all the girl's are whores?

Are you the type who thinks people are perfect and without flaw?

Are you the type that prefers on type of person over others?

What do you think?

Me, personally, I believe that people are just people. We do what we do. Everyone does. We may be weak in many ways, but we are also strong. Too quote:

"There is weakness, their is frailty, but there is also strength, and honor in the hearts of men."

As people we are animals who evolved out of the cul-de-sac of eat-breed-die. We became self aware, developed language, and began to advance. This is our strength.

Life to me has no purpose, no over-arching values. Why would it? My life is dedicated to enjoyment, and helping others in their enjoyment of life, as well as the search for truth.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now, this is very philosophical...

I like to call myself an optimist. When something bad happens, I do my best to see the good side. When something bad happens to someone else, I try to show them the good side, even when they are convinced one doesn't exist.

People as a whole cannot be judged. This is why I dislike fiction in which humans are portrayed as weak and inferior (which tends to be the case in most fantasy works). One human compared to another human will have so many differences.

I feel, in my almost 18 years of living, that I've gotten a pretty good understanding of people and the world, to the best of my age and ability. I'll always be open to learning more, as no one will ever fully understand the world and its inhabitants.

You're kind of starting to sound like Misuzu for some reason...

I see two kinds. One that will respond with a whole perspective and the others who will just say tl;dr.

Jokes aside, my view on people are always changing. I was naive, maybe still am to judge people on little ideals such as the way they dress and what they listen to, though it is a way of expression, it isn't as powerful as knowing someone personally.

I tend to observe, maybe a bit too much for my own good rather than speaking out myself.

I'd love to expand, but nothing is really coming to me at the moment.

It's half and half for me. I'll be optimistic towards those I know who can achieve while pessimistic towards the opposite.

Edited by Will

Well now, this is very philosophical...

I like to call myself an optimist. When something bad happens, I do my best to see the good side. When something bad happens to someone else, I try to show them the good side, even when they are convinced one doesn't exist.

Likewise.

For me...it's kinda hard to say. My perspective on things is unique. So unique, that I've yet to find another person with this perspective.

I think around 85% of the world population are idiots. Only 5% of the world population are actually NOT idiots, with the remaining 10% being somewhere in-between. I know a lot of people can't understand why I'm saying this, and I don't expect them to (it's also very hard for me to explain this).

Though humanity, as a whole, aren't weak or bad; it's mostly the environments they live in that has caused them to turn into mindless, ignorant fools. I strongly believe in humanity (as whole, like I said) and I think, if only they can believe in themselves, they have the ability to be and do absolutely anything. This belief has led me to improve myself over time and achieve many things in life.

But the humans we have now...many of them don't realize this, and as such, I automatically am unable to believe in them. There are some individuals, though, that I've seen and they hold great potential.

All in all, humans are incredible, but the ones we have now are mostly ruined/untapped potential. I am usually disgusted by those I see around me (when I go out); not by all, but by most. They are always so shallow and act so idiotic...

People, humanity, they ar to be loathed. If they can't survive on their own, then they should be left to die. Wasting your time on the weak is an act of weakness. Compassion, optimism? Tools for societal control.

No, humanity cannot do everything. It's naive to think that. There are plenty of limits. All of them are shallow, all of them are idiots.

All of them deserve to die, to suffer for what they've done, what they haven't done, or what they will or won't do.

Perhaps it's easier to not put the blame on them, perhaps it's easier to say they are already suffering, and we merely put them out of their misery.

At least one of us believes it...At least one of us can see the truth.

I think humanity and civilization as a whole have been amazingly successful thus far despite huge rifts in personal opinion and cultural bias. 13% of people see the world their own way, 95% of people allow society to mold their perspective, and 67% of generalizations regarding other people are made up on the spot with incomplete information.

Edited by Wist

I'm fairly sure how I see people, but it kinda depends on my mood, I guess. There are days when I think humanity is great, but for the most I think of humans... as humans. I don't see them as scum, but on a daily basis I feel that humans are pathetic. In a world where I can see things so clearly, people around me do not see. Not to sound high and mighty, but even as a 17 year-old boy who just started college, I'm more mature than many adults. It's difficult to explain without going on a looooooong rant, and I have class in 2 minutes, so this is an example. If my parents were to die right after my new sister is born, I would get custody. As a 17 year-old. They know that I have values that would make sure she was raised properly. They don't trust anyone else, not my grandparents, not my aunts and uncles, not their friends. I would also get the house and bills, because they know I have my priorities straight. As simple as that sounds, I really just don't see much of that in the world. But then again, I'm a pessimist, so I might just overlook the good. I'll go into more details laters( on my views, not situation).

Edited by Faiya

People, humanity, they ar to be loathed. If they can't survive on their own, then they should be left to die. Wasting your time on the weak is an act of weakness. Compassion, optimism? Tools for societal control.

No, humanity cannot do everything. It's naive to think that. There are plenty of limits. All of them are shallow, all of them are idiots.

All of them deserve to die, to suffer for what they've done, what they haven't done, or what they will or won't do.

Perhaps it's easier to not put the blame on them, perhaps it's easier to say they are already suffering, and we merely put them out of their misery.

That's stretching it a bit, eh?

"Humans are interesting" - Ryuk.

The quote really says pretty much how I feel about mankind. Humans are naturally greedy and curious. People criticize that, but think about where we would be without those things? Greed gives us the initiative to do things and create. And curiosity drives us to discover.

In the story of the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of wisdom. And then they were kicked out of Eden, which is supposed to be paradise.

Personally, without wisdom, we'd just be ignorant. And paradise would be an illusion. Besides, who really wants the world to be perfect? Where's the point in living if it was? It would be endless monotony.

So I'm glad that humans are as tainted as they are. It allows the world to develop. That's our purpose in the world. To grow, to change, to become something greater everyday.

I just live... If I like a person, I'll be communicative with them, but if I don't, I'll just ignore them, and only speak with them when I need to.

This. I can be "oh woe is the world, people sucks" or I can find people I like, have a cool time with them and keep in mind that there are plenty of people more qualified to philosophically damn the human race or whatever than I am. Anybody who thinks they have a place to judge in sweeping generalizations is living it wrong.

forgive me if i sound harsh, and i offend others, but i shall be completely honest in this post.

those who say humans are worthless and as such they don't bother with them are fools.

as humans, we obviously have many flaws. sometimes, these flaws make humans seem worthless. i can accept that, each person is entitled to their own opinions.

but its my belief that saying that humans are worthless doesn't make anybody any better. in fact, it hinders the person and that person becomes a reason why humans are "worthless". to complain about human nature is basically to be complaining about yourself, since you ARE a human too. by complaining about human nature, you unwillingly become a victim of humanity's flaws. you are doing absolutely NOTHING about the situation by doing this, and as such you don't seem mightier or wiser.

instead of investing so much energy and time complaining about humanity's problems, you should do your part in making it a better place. it is my belief that even a tiny action, even one that seems insignificant, can have the potential to change someone's life. i see life as a long row of dominoes, one action brings a consequence, and that consequence in turn acts to cause another consequence, and the chain keeps going on and on. as such, you want to affect positively as many things as you possibly can. most of humanity's greatest accomplishments have been started by a single person, who decided that enough was enough, and that it was time to do something great. things don't just happen. it takes determination and a strong will to carry out. that's why those people who changed history are seen as great.

make an impact.

Well I believe there is one force that drives us all, want. The urge to want drives all our decisions. Now tie that in with the nature to be evil. Now how we use that urge and our nature determines our personality. Now what is stronger varies our want or our nature. I've lived only 16 years so I don't have the life experience as Fox or as smart as everyone else, but I've been studying people for a while now and I've noticed that. Now, if our nature is to be evil then how do some of us are good? Because we want to be. If you don't want it you won't get it, because you don't pursue it.And if you desire something evil then it is that much easier to get, but what if you don't want anything, well then your nature kicks in double overtime. Even those with the purest of hearts have a speck of darkness.

forgive me if i sound harsh, and i offend others, but i shall be completely honest in this post.

those who say humans are worthless and as such they don't bother with them are fools.

as humans, we obviously have many flaws. sometimes, these flaws make humans seem worthless. i can accept that, each person is entitled to their own opinions.

but its my belief that saying that humans are worthless doesn't make anybody any better. in fact, it hinders the person and that person becomes a reason why humans are "worthless". to complain about human nature is basically to be complaining about yourself, since you ARE a human too. by complaining about human nature, you unwillingly become a victim of humanity's flaws. you are doing absolutely NOTHING about the situation by doing this, and as such you don't seem mightier or wiser.

instead of investing so much energy and time complaining about humanity's problems, you should do your part in making it a better place. it is my belief that even a tiny action, even one that seems insignificant, can have the potential to change someone's life. i see life as a long row of dominoes, one action brings a consequence, and that consequence in turn acts to cause another consequence, and the chain keeps going on and on. as such, you want to affect positively as many things as you possibly can. most of humanity's greatest accomplishments have been started by a single person, who decided that enough was enough, and that it was time to do something great. things don't just happen. it takes determination and a strong will to carry out. that's why those people who changed history are seen as great.

make an impact.

THIS. *Hugs Bianchi....Er...Anna.*

Heh, heh I get it! At least I'm fairly sure this is a joke.....

Humans, simply are amazing. They're really wonderful. Sure they can be stupid, make bad decisions, hurt others and be small-minded, but this doesn't change the fact they're utterly fantatsic in every way. I just love 'em! :lol:

"Greatness comes not from being strong, but in the right use of strength."

Also people are just a species that exists on this earth. We're not really anything special, we just happen to have some advantage over other species.

Are we smarter?

Maybe, there's no definite answer to that, as humans slaughter their own species everyday, some for the mere enjoyment of doing it, so we can't say we're more civilized than animals, as we still slaughter other animals and our own species, we just have more efficient ways of achieving this.

Are we stronger?

Not really, fear of our kind could take down say an elephant single handed.

Are we more evolved?

No, as evolution is a tool used to select which species live and die, and since there are species who have been around as long as we have, we're pretty much on the same level as them.

Humans are just arrogant to think that we're better than other species, however some don't believe this idea of human superiority.

"Greatness comes not from being strong, but in the right use of strength."

Also people are just a species that exists on this earth. We're not really anything special, we just happen to have some advantage over other species.

Are we smarter?

Maybe, there's no definite answer to that, as humans slaughter their own species everyday, some for the mere enjoyment of doing it, so we can't say we're more civilized than animals, as we still slaughter other animals and our own species, we just have more efficient ways of achieving this.

Are we stronger?

Not really, fear of our kind could take down say an elephant single handed.

Are we more evolved?

No, as evolution is a tool used to select which species live and die, and since there are species who have been around as long as we have, we're pretty much on the same level as them.

Humans are just arrogant to think that we're better than other species, however some don't believe this idea of human superiority.

We can communicate better than all living things, and have oppose able thums

People can be either horrible or great. We all start off as blank slates( slightly tainted by our natural personalities and mental capacity), and will be changed based on the way we are raised and the environment they're in. By mental capacity, I mean IQ, which isn't something you can improve through practice.

It's all mixed as far as people go. There's the friendly people, there's the intellegent people, there's the arrogant people, there are the just plain ignorant people, the layabout whatever people, and the list goes on. Really, how you were raised is a big influence, along with the media, which I don't like these days.

The whole "all humans are worthless" thing is definately not true. If it were so, then why doesn't God just destroy us here and now? Life is here, so let's live it to the best of our abilities! If somebody tries to bring you down, try to bring them up. If you help your enemies, you'll lose enemies, which is good. Giving into hatred is the worst thing a person can do. If there's a person who acts a way you can't stand, offer, but not force, him or her a new path. If somebody is being a jerk to you, ask them what their problem is, and try to resolve it. Really, anybody can become a good person if they are influenced to do so.