[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

I hope the translation group shares their tools and files with the community. This is the third time someone has asked for such things, so that they could begin providing translations for their own language, besides English.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the translation group shares their tools and files with the community. This is the third time someone has asked for such things, so that they could begin providing translations for their own language, besides English.

I can understand mentioning the files, but tools?

Literally every tool I've ever made I've thrown up on Github for people to use...

I don't suppose you actually used the gateway first and made a backup of your Sysnand. Because if you did, you always have the option to hardmod your 3ds and restore that backup.

Otherwise yeah, you're screwed. :(

I am screwed because i updated it right before i used it

hmmm... that's weird :/

normally it should work without problems.

I do it this way => Start PastaCFW (without FIRMLAUNCH) => Start NTR_CFW => Start Physical Cart / eSHop Version => LayeredFS will load our translation.

Hi, I was wondering about this too. Do you think you could post a quick screenshot of your sd card? I think I might be overlooking something with the files and it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance!!

Edited by invisabella

I read earlier on in the forum that the text file will only be shared with the skype group. Even if it's just a .txt file, may I receive a copy of what you have so far? I can contribute to the Third Route translation, since I've already begun to translate it? I'm fluent in English, Spanish, & I know Japanese better by hearing it. I do have a tool that can read text to me if I don't know what the kanji itself means, but in the context of the sentence/phrase, I will understand what that kanji means. Example: カムイお兄さん = Kamui-oniisan = カムイおにいさん。Let's say I didn't know what "兄" meant, by having the aforementioned tool speak it to me, I understand that it replaces "nii," & I know that "oniisan" means older brother.

I hope I didn't confuse you. I just wanted to tell you that I understand Japanese but can't read kanji that is uncommon.

Thanks.

I can understand mentioning the files, but tools?

Literally every tool I've ever made I've thrown up on Github for people to use...

Thanks for making the tools public. Can you link such tools for the three people interested in translating the files for themselves?

@DJPlayer, since you blocked me from pming, can you explain how to patch sys-apps or do you "not know" how you did it?

Because if your "patched sys-apps" makes it so you can run an actual physical cart that needs 9.7 firmware on CFW that, for N3DS only, currently can only run >9.5 firmware physical carts, then you should probably tell us how to do so, so people can run it with pastacfw+NTR_CFW, otherwise, once again, no proof showing it works, then no one will believe it.

You've had a few people in this thread ask already about how to use the physical cart.

Just stating that you "got it to work", doesn't mean squat. The reason why I PM'd you is because you actually check that and not ignore the actual technical questions here.

Edit: So your post in NTR_CFW thread on gbatemp

NTR_CFW 2.2/2.3 DOES NOT SUPPORT firmlaunch from PastaCFW and fails to launch if it is enabled.

So unless you got like a modified version that the developer didn't even produce, then you should probably notify the dev to update theirs to make it work with firmlaunch.

So once again

PROVIDE A VIDEO,

Don't worry everyone, he doesn't have any intentions of actually wanting to show how this works, as it'll take out too much time to make a video, even though it takes about 10 minutes to set up and only a few more to create a video and send it to youtube.

Can't show proof now as he edited the post on gbatemp :p

He has even edited the first post, literally showing that he won't / can't prove it.

Even though this thread is titled [Release & >>>>SUPPORT<<<<<]

If anyone can get the physical cart to work with the translation from the instructions I quoted in a previous post and still has the download, feel free to share how you did it and be 1000% more helpful :D

[spoiler=The team]

DJPlayer - PA Rep A Public Affair's Rep? No, exact opposite, you cause public affairs with unresponsive help.

I may be aggressive, but when you

• Note and say that something works but it doesn't work for multiple people
  • Fail to show proof
  • Fail to bother answering people with a solution of their problem instead or redirecting to another solution that isn't the original problem
  • Fail to help and take a easy way out by "eliminating" the source? <Especially this, big nono for me>

I''ll go all out until something is done.

I've pm'ed a couple of people on the team previously, none of them have tried the NTR_CFW method with the physical copy, only DJPlayer has a "confirmed" working one.

Edit: And DJPlayer, you're the only one that has a "working" one, so why won't you give us SUPPORT and help us figure out what's wrong?

But yeah, once again, all signs point to that the NTR_CFW method + physical version NEVER WORKED!!

Until someone can prove to me with uncut video that it works, I will not forgive.

Edited by Xanek

Chill down man.

And let me make this clear: The team is not obliged to actually do anything for anyone. Regardless of whatever we do, we make the rules to how we operate. We don't have to actually answer any questions. And even if you blame us, it does not affect us in any way.

If the version doesn't work, then report the bug (which it has been and we have noted) and wait until the next patch release.

Also, there are plenty of other people who outside the team who can make a video. Don't think the team is the only source to help - in fact, a majority of the team can't even use the patch.

If you're going to aggressive, chances are less people will help you.

--

And I'll throw in my own two cents here: Frankly, I don't care if people can't use the patch. You'll get the game eventually, or you can learn Japanese.

Chance are that if a few people already had the problem, and it wasn't addressed at all by anyone on the team, then there's a chance that less/no people will help at all from the team

And you don't give a damn if people can't use the patch? Why even work on it if it is going to get released to the public and there is no one there to help give support on actual technical problems, and not translation errors? lol..

This is giving me very little hope on the future of this project.. if some people on the team are unwilling to give support on actual technical issues, then yeah.. sure the translation errors are fine, but no tech support...

Edited by Xanek

Chance are that if a few people already had the problem, and it wasn't addressed at all by anyone on the team, then there's a chance that less/no people will help at all from the team

And you don't give a damn if people can't use the patch? Why even work on it if it is going to get released to the public and there is no one there to help give support on actual technical problems, and not translation errors? lol..

This is giving me very little hope on the future of this project..

Because there's plenty of other people who're using the patch perfectly fine. If DJPlayer's advice is useless, ask someone who's already made it known they made it work.

As a member of the team, I know exactly the progress of the team - you not believing doesn't mean anything to me.

I don't give a damn because frankly, I work on this for my own enjoyment. If people like Linkmstr or Rey's girlfriend Belinda also need the patch, that's just an added bonus. If you have serious technical problems, go ask SciresM.

Edited by luyairis

If you have serious technical problems, go ask SciresM.

He doesn't know anything about the physical version ntr_cfw method

rom SciresM sent 1 day ago

I wouldn't know!

I've never actually used LayeredFS...if I knew how to use it I wouldn't have made 3DS builder or the patcher in the first place!

Sorry I can't be of more help.

-via Reddit

How can I get support from people who haven't even touched this method, when the only person who has, is avoiding it completely? lol

Edited by Xanek

And I'll say this again. The problem has been noted and is being worked on for a future patch release. You can wait.

Plenty of other people besides our group can help. That gba rom site is probably better.

Edited by luyairis

And I'll say this again. The problem has been noted and is being worked on for a future patch release. You can wait.

I'm going to hold your word on that incredibly hard...

I'm going to hold your word on that incredibly hard...

Read my statement earlier. The group makes the rules to how we do things. I have not guaranteed a fix, and if we don't fix it, oh well, too bad. I don't care if you hold me to my word, ultimately it doesn't change anything.

Well you told me that it's been noted, most likely by the team, not just you.

If it doesn't get fixed, a note on said future patch would be nice.

I know you don't care, I honestly don't care about your opinion other than anything that talks about the problem, but saying that it's been noted and being worked on is putting a load onto the shoulders of the actual people who are working on it.

Edited by Xanek

Well you told me that it's been noted, most likely by the team, not just you.

If it doesn't get fixed, a note on said future patch would be nice.

I know you don't care, I honestly don't care about your opinion other than anything that talks about the problem, but saying that it's been noted and being worked on is putting a load onto the actual people who are working on it.

I still said there's no guarantee of a fix from us. The people in our group are not obliged to fix the problem - any work can always be cancelled. Now you can keep making a fuss about this problem, or you can wait until someone else helps/fixes, be it from our group or outside the group. Edited by luyairis

... Which is why I said if it is noted that it can't be fixed in said future patch then i'm okay?

and if there was someone who could have fixed it, they would have mentioned it by now, and since the download isn't available anymore no future people can try it out?

but whatever I understand i'll "wait" for a future patch

Edited by Xanek

"oh no I have been unforgiven by Xanek on Serenes Forest Internet Forums"

"what for?"

"my volunteer translation of Fire Emblem Fates doesn't work for him and we can't figure out why"

"oh"

So do you all want to focus on me thinking i'm the only one with the problem? There has been at least 2 others, COMPLETELY IGNORED.

Edited by Xanek

"oh no I have been unforgiven by [whoever] on Serenes Forest Internet Forums"

"what for?"

"my volunteer translation of Fire Emblem Fates doesn't work for him and we can't figure out why"

"oh"

Edited by CT075

Man... the person I was talking to in a PM is right, some people on here who do hacking don't really care lol

Edit: at least I have hope in 2 people that i've talked to.

Edited by Xanek

Why should we care? We have our own priorities over yours.

Providing a free translation for people, but not giving support to those who actually need it from people who actually know what they're doing....

Yes I know it's FREE, but still, whatever.

I already understand your priorities. Here's hoping for support later.

I'm done bitching about this now.

Edited by Xanek

I'm offering to pay for this game I'm English without the censors because I do not want to miss any of the good parts. What's your price for a physical copy of the game?

Just so you know, you'll need a 3DS on firmwares 9.2 or below if you want to use the patch.