Fates English dub speculations and rumors!

Abysswalker25

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. It sounds like Cam Clarke to me.

Which would be really funny since Katsuyuki Konishi is his JPN voice.

That would mean Xander would have Lloyd Irving's JPN voice and Kratos Aurion's ENG voice.

Takumi and Ryoma sound familiar too but I can't place it anywhere. At least most of the voice acting for english dub is nice so far. And Cam Clarke is an awesome VA.

Edit for post above: I HAVE THE POWER!!

Edited by Abysswalker25

Takumi and Ryoma sound familiar too but I can't place it anywhere. At least most of the voice acting for english dub is nice so far. And Cam Clarke is an awesome VA.

I'm pretty sure the guy who does Ryoma also did Frederick in Awakening who is also known for doing Gohan from DBZ and Ryu.

EDIT: Kyle Herbert

Edited by LordTaco42

I'm pretty sure the guy who does Ryoma also did Frederick in Awakening who is also known for doing Gohan from DBZ and Ryu.

EDIT: Kyle Herbert

Really? Cause Ryoma sound like Matthew Mercer to me.

Edit for post above: I HAVE THE POWER!!

Ryoma sounds like Matt Mercer to me, though I've heard some around think it's Crispin Freeman.

As for Takumi, I've heard a few think it might be Ben Diskin.

Ryoma sounds like Matt Mercer to me, though I've heard some around think it's Crispin Freeman.

As for Takumi, I've heard a few think it might be Ben Diskin.

Sadly, I don't think it can be Crispin Freeman, union issues and all that.

Edited by Water Mage

Sadly, I don't think it can be Crispin Freeman, union issues and all that.

We seem to do a lot of weird things with VA's in America, a far cry from Japan.

Heck, we don't even seem to credit our actors half the time.

So true Sentinel! I can't remember, do they even credit the voice actors in the credits of the game? If they do, that's the only place they are credited because you don't hear of most of the VA's otherwise. Being honest, in America they are just kind of...there,with no recognition at all. Meanwhile in Japan the VA's are greatly recognized.

Matthew Mercer seems more likely but you never know. I give him the edge because he already voiced Chrom before.

Matt Mercer was who I thought it was, but I'm kind of hoping it isn't. Don't get me wrong - he's a great VA. But I just don't want to hear him voice two important lordly older brother characters in FE in a row.

I want fresh VAs. Mix it up a little!

So true Sentinel! I can't remember, do they even credit the voice actors in the credits of the game? If they do, that's the only place they are credited because you don't hear of most of the VA's otherwise. Being honest, in America they are just kind of...there,with no recognition at all. Meanwhile in Japan the VA's are greatly recognized.

Well, some games credit. Others don't.

Awakening had the majority of its actors credited with their roles (though some like Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham were uncredited). Radiant Dawn had a list of actors but no roles attached.

Tales of Symphonia had its actors credited but no Tales game has done it ever sense, leading to a lot of guesswork by the fanbase.

Ah, now I remember seeing some VA's during the credits of Awakening I think. I mostly see games like Radiant Dawn, where they just list the actors in no particular order.

I wouldn't mind seeing returning VA's, as long as they don't keep the exact same voice lol. We're drifting a little off topic though - anyone else think Xander could be voiced by Cam Clarke? Or is it just us few?

I agree with you. Cam Clarke is a good fit for Xander, should this be true. Ryouma definitely isn't Crispin Freeman, and I'm skeptical to say that it's Matt Mercer as well. Whoever it is, though, he sounds amazing.

Listening to those voice clips for Ryoma and Xander a few times...I think I'm pretty much convinced that Xander is voiced by Matthew Mercer and Ryoma is voiced by Kyle Hebert. While I do believe Cam Clarke would be a good fit for Xander...it's probably not happening.

Also, I'm fairly certain Garon is voiced by Travis Willingham. And Elise MIGHT be voiced by Cassandra Lee Morris? Well, I'm hopeful for it.

You never know, they brought in some good VA's the last time around, I don't see why they couldn't get Cam Clarke. Ryoma could be Kyle Hebert, he sounds a bit like Ryu from the Smash Bros trailer but that might just be me.

I'm pretty sure that Xander is being voiced by Matthew Mercer

But anyway, Matthew Mercer's supposed to be at the NZ Armageddon expo next weekend, so I plan on asking if he is voicing any FE: Fates characters ^o^

We all know Cam Clarke will be voicing Zero.

sauce please.

Chrom is Marx? Maaaannn...Oh well. Ill live with it. My brain will be like all confused about it though.