Best Peg Knight

Serene

Peg Knight  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• Florina
    • Fiora
    • Farina

Yeah yea, there's probably one like this about three pages or so back in this forum. But let's do it again

Personally I chose Florina, but just because of her avavliblity being incredibly earlier than either of the other two peg knights.

Also yes, I am fully aware that I might have butchered some of the names

Edited by Fox
It's Fiora.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florina is my favourite and personal best, and always turns out amazing. Really practical on the Fargus's ship chapter, amongst many other chapters.

Edited by Raven

Firoa. Good availability, supports, and isn't so fragile upon recruitment. She is my personal fav because of her cuteness; her hair and those pretty eyes.

Florina may be better in avoidence, but from my expirience, Fiora is just as good, if not better, due to that she's not as fragile. Farina ain't bad. She requires some work, but I only used her when I needed her for collecting supports.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Florina. Fiora comes up too late, I guess that's the same with Farina. Florina has exelent Res, Spd, Skill and later on good Str(Early on mine) and she's the prettiest in my opinion.

Florina, I like her better.

and i like to get her support ending with Hector.

This is also Hector's predestined pairing. It is clear that he married Florina, because Rath ended up with Lyn.

Florina. Fiora comes up too late, I guess that's the same with Farina. Florina has exelent Res, Spd, Skill and later on good Str(Early on mine) and she's the prettiest in my opinion.

^This. All the same reasons why that I've voted for her. As for her being the prettiest, just don't go telling that to her face. =P

Edited by Laylea

Farina is my choice, hands down. Never disappoints.

Statistically she ties Fiora for Con, so Fiora will have the slight speed advantage, but since she beats Florina in Con, Farina's speed loss here is essentially the same as to Fiora. With speed out of the way, Farina carries the statistical advantage in every other stat that matters (her "shortfalls" in skill and luck when compared to one or the other of her sisters are essentially meaningless, considering the still overall high level of them). Not only that but Farina's joining level is exceedingly kind to her, as all of those low level monks will commit seppuku against her armed with a javelin, quickly enabling her to do a heroic effort at closing the XP gap (and no, no-one else wants those kills, as they're on the far side of the map, the only competition is from other fliers, and Florina and Fiora won't be getting as efficient use of the XP with their higher initial levels. They'll have better things to do, like engaging enemy P. Knights.) As a comparison to the other fliers in the game, she's not quite the tank that Heath or Vaida are physically, being down a fair amount in HP and Def, but her Res and Luck leads are massive. Heath's joining situation is not nearly as kind to him as Farina's is to her, and it's much harder for him to come back from underlevelled status, and Vaida joins even later than Farina does, if memory serves. Yes, it's true, her availability suffers, compared to her younger sisters, but one can never have too many fliers, and Night of Farewells, with it's disappearing floors, and treacherous terrain still marks an important hallmark where flier mobility can shine. I'd argue that having all three of the P Knights on that chapter helps you significantly in making the tactics requirement.

True, her only good supports are with her sisters, but they'll either have or leave some room for her, and her affinity is simply the best for P. Knights: Attack (to offset genericly low strength from class), as well Defense and Avoid.

Fiora might pick up a B Kent, but won't get farther than that with him as Kent x Sain is just too good and too easy. Some might argue she could fill up on Sain too, but that seems a bad choice, as 2x wind gives her none of the avoid or defense she desperately wants to be durable. Pent doesn't go farther than B, he doesn't share the mobility that the Cavs have, and flier mobility is one of the P Knights strongest assests, doesn't give her any attack, and will probably be palling around with someone else anyway. Eliwood might seem okay, until you consider the fact that she's his slowest support, and comes last, so he'll probably already be full, unless you're aiming to wed them. Gietz comes too late and unlike Farina is too slow. Also his map isn't always played. Conclusion: Fiora could fill up on Florina, Kent, but barring that, will want and have room for her big sister.

Florina, on the other hand, does have a few more options. Lyn is particularly attractive due to the speed of the growth but the affinity isn't that great only really having attack going for it (I don't think crit would be reliable, but I guess if you're using a lot of Killer Lances... maybe), but Hector or Serra aren't necessarily bad either as their thunder affinity helps shore up her durability with full defense and partial avoid, as well as the same crit from Lyn. Then again, considering mobility, Hector is tied to slow, and needs to go gate seizing and such, which might not always be where you need the flier action, not to mention there's competition liek whoa for him, and Serra is a healer (and a slow growth). Ninian, though is also a real probability, as Ninian has terrible options, and as a dancer will almost certainly be fielded. On the other hand, I rarely see the point of supporting dancers, as they only get defenses out of it, and can generally do a fine enough job dodging anyway. Nino comes too late to build up, and probably won't be fielded much past soaking some XP, to be perfectly honest. So that really leaves Florina with a probable Lyn, though there are a lot of other not unheard of options.

What really seems decent would be something along the lines:

Sain A Kent B Fiora A Farina B Florina A Lyn

Lyn might have trouble keeping up sometimes, but such is life. Also, you probably won't be promoting her anyway (Heaven's Seals are expensive, Lyn is regarded as the inferior lord, Farina would otherwise hurt funds...), so she's only really there for the early game assistance to Florina, and making the most of her hax prf weapon.

Though, if you were fine holding off on the early game supports, just a P Knight triangle isn't that bad either

Fiora B Florina A Farina B Fiora

So Farina's helping the XP rank coming underlevelled, helping the Tactics rank with flier mobility, and helping the (lol) combat rank with shiny, shiny stats. Farina's one downside? The $. :( But it's a price I'm willing to pay, and I'd argue that she's well worth it; it's really not as difficult to work around as it sounds (I S-ranked HNM using Farina*, I hear HHM is even easier on funds due to the Silver card), and she makes a fantastic complement to her sisters.

*For a dose of PE, the stats of the sisters at the beginning of 32: Victory or Death, on said play-through. (I still hadn't quite known what to do with supports at that time.)

Lv	HP	St	Sk	Sp	L	D	R
Fiora   20/13   45	19	24	21	11	10	16	Swd: D, Lance: S   Farina: C, Florina: B
Florina 20/14   42	20	25	26	22	15	17	Swd: D, Lance: S   Farina: C, Fiora: B
Farina  20/14   48	23	22	23	24	20	17	Swd: E, Lance: S   Florina: C, Fiora: C

NB: Yes, Farina got Afa's Drops, for the curious. She's quite likely the most efficient candidate for them, coming ~soon after, being rather underlevelled giving the extra growths the most bang for your buck. (Aside from potentially Nino, who honestly most probably can't claw her way into sustainable usefulness in a ranked run.)

Edited by Balcerzak

This is also Hector's predestined pairing. It is clear that he married Florina, because Rath ended up with Lyn.
Objection!!!

Hector can be paired with either Florina, Farina, and Lyn. But, despite whoever Hector is paired with, Lyn is the only one actually seen doing (or at least trying to do) what his paired endings describe. And quite basically, Hector loves Lyn, and I don't think that Lyn would be the type of girl to break poor Hector's heart. (Especially after what I've seen.)

And quite basically, Lyn is pretty much the only one Hector can realistically get together with. (Which was explained in another thread.)

Edited by Little Al

Hmm, Florina or Fiora....Florina has great offense while Fiora has existing durability... I'll go with Fiora, also thanks to nice legs. (or what could have been, if it wasn't for those stupid thigh high boots)