General US Politics

Ansem

I think the point is meant to be that, given that the presidency is a high stress job, a person that appears to be in a frail state of health could easily fail to keep up with the work due to illness that the very same stress of job may cause or worsen. While the whole Hillary's health issue is largely confirmation bias, even the just the appearance of being frail should be taken into account.

While yes, Trump is old too, he hasn't shown anything that would signal that his age is affecting his capability to govern. At most there's the possibility that he may be using hearing aids (There are rumors of his hair being fake, but a lack of real hair is hardly an issue even if the rumor's true).

i get the point. being old though is generally being in a frail state of health. to vaguely paraphrase louis ck, trump, sanders, or either clinton could die tomorrow and it wouldn't be a surprise. you'd be like, hey yeah they're old. somewhat hurtful to say, but unfortunately true.

medically speaking, old people are more vulnerable than normal adults and when they get sick they experience worse affects from it.

That bandwagon was valid though, since McCain's VP was Sarah Palin. People were hesitant to vote McCain for that reason. Tim Kaine seems like a pretty level-headed guy.

oh, the anti-mccain movement is valid, i moreso meant that particular bullet-point from it.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take what into account? the fact that she's capable of getting sick like everyone else?

if this was a common occurrence then you might have a point since it would suggest her immune system sucks moreso than the average person, but it isn't.

Edited by Crysta

I'm taking a completely different direction entirely, but I've seen reports saying that a higher percentage of Trump supporters lack college degrees as opposed to those supporting Clinton and this information is used to bash Trump and his supporters. Whether it's true or not isn't the point here, but why is it that being less educated and lacking a degree somehow diminishes one's opinion? I dislike Trump, but that sentiment feels somewhat elitist.

Edited by UNLEASH IT

I guess people fallaciously associate education with being informed.

Granted, logically you can come up with the link between those and I'm too lazy to search up the studies, but that's ultimately how the argument goes.

Edited by Lord Raven

I'm taking a completely different direction entirely, but I've seen reports saying that a higher percentage of Trump supporters lack college degrees as opposed to those supporting Clinton and this information is used to bash Trump and his supporters. Whether it's true or not isn't the point here, but why is it that being less educated and lacking a degree somehow diminishes one's opinion? I dislike Trump, but that sentiment feels somewhat elitist.

It seems like you could, for the most part, divide the voting basses of the candidates along the class lines. Trump has much higher support than Clinton with the working class and assorted low socioeconomic status groups while Hillary is middle class +.

Edited by Phillius

Whether it's true or not isn't the point here, but why is it that being less educated and lacking a degree somehow diminishes one's opinion? I dislike Trump, but that sentiment feels somewhat elitist.

Classism has always been a thing.

I've noticed there's been a bit of "age elitism", or something like that, as well among millennials. In the wake of the Brexit vote, I remember seeing a few comments saying, "This goes to show old people shouldn't be allowed to vote".

It is true that younger people will have to live with the consequences longer than the older generations; but I don't think class or age makes one's insight any less valid.

I've noticed there's been a bit of "age elitism", or something like that, as well among millennials. In the wake of the Brexit vote, I remember seeing a few comments saying, "This goes to show old people shouldn't be allowed to vote".

It is true that younger people will have to live with the consequences longer than the older generations; but I don't think class or age makes one's insight any less valid.

Especially considering that, apparently, the vast, vast majority of young people didn't even bother to vote in the first place.

https://twitter.com/SkyData/status/746700869656256512

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opinion/opinion-britains-young-opposed-brexit-but-only-one-third-voted/news-story/68efa544d7cf1343d4ba9cbc8850e347

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/eu-referendum-brexit-young-people-upset-by-the-outcome-of-the-eu-referendum-why-didnt-you-vote-a7105396.html

The Clinton campaign finally talking about the real issues.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/donald-trump-pepe-the-frog-and-white-supremacists-an-explainer/

Edit: Added archive link in case they realize just how stupid they are and edit the article. http://archive.is/ETDNv

Edited by General Ciraxis

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/donald-trump-pepe-the-frog-and-white-supremacists-an-explainer/

Edit: Added archive link in case they realize just how stupid they are and edit the article. http://archive.is/ETDNv

Please be Poe's Law, please be Poe's Law, please be Poe's Law...

more than just the old people, to be honest

she already talked about internet memes in a speech lol

well, the ones from the "alt-right", anyway.

this is kangaroo election

Edited by Tryhard

This is the last thing Hillary should be talking about.

She's got to show how hip she is. She's down with the kids while at the same time worried about the negative influence of memes.

Seriously though, isn't this the exact reason why she's considered to be so artificial and fake? She's really not doing a good job of convincing everyone otherwise.

I just discussed this with a few friends, and the first thing one of them said was "I'm glad we live so far away". I did bring up America's many good points and that everything that happens there will echo throughout the world anyway, but hey, I'm glad this election isn't my personal headache.

I don't care what anyone says, this election has been great for memes.

all fear pepe our next nefarious amphibian overlord if you don't vote against trump

I thought of a joke.

[spoiler=Republican Party]

tumblr_o0si34WAqe1rma2o1o1_500.png

[spoiler=Democratic Party]

If the Republicans get an amphibian, than by god the Democrats should to!

Edited by Phillius

Seriously though, isn't this the exact reason why she's considered to be so artificial and fake? She's really not doing a good job of convincing everyone otherwise.ar away". I did bring up America's many good points and that everything that happens there will echo throughout the world anyway, but hey, I'm glad this election isn't my personal headache.

Most politicians are fake. This isn't really anything new.

Honestly however fake Hillary is Donald Trump is 100000x worse. You know the dude was a moderate like 6 years ago right? Just because some dude has nailed the tough guy act and acts like an alpha male in every speech and interview doesn't make him genuine lol

Edited by Lord Raven

Most politicians are fake. This isn't really anything new.

Honestly however fake Hillary is Donald Trump is 100000x worse. You know the dude was a moderate like 6 years ago right? Just because some dude has nailed the tough guy act and acts like an alpha male in every speech and interview doesn't make him genuine lol

Except that 6 years ago we didn't have relatively constant islamic terrorist attacks on the West and we didn't have PC culture pervading everywhere to the point that it reached in these last few years. Clinton is a career politician, while Trump has been mostly a businessman, who other than dropping out of primaries for a third party candidacy in the 2000s hasn't done much else in actual politcs. While Trump didn't entirely self-fund during the primaries, he largely relied on loans he took onto himself. Clinton has received donations from multiple large companies, including media-involved ones. There's only two alternatives between what drives Trump, and that is either actual willingness to help his country or an ego trip/marketing plan that inflated beyond possible speculation due to the rhetorical incapability of the other GOP candidates. Either way, the only person driving the Trump train is Trump himself, and that makes him far more honest than Clinton is.

[...] we didn't have PC culture pervading everywhere to the point that it reached in these last few years.

You mean like that one time when right-wingers got salty at Hillary for finally addressing the sheer stupidity of Trump voters? I agree, those people need to stop trying to restrict us freedom-loving people's freedom of speech and let us call these deplorables what they actually are.

You mean like that one time when right-wingers got salty at Hillary for finally addressing the sheer stupidity of Trump voters? I agree, those people need to stop trying to restrict us freedom-loving people's freedom of speech and let us call these deplorables what they actually are.

No, like Rotheram and Greek refugee camps where police and politicians refused to do their jobs on the fear for being perceived as racist and losing their jobs.

Lubin is another good example.

Edited by Right Wing Nut Job

I recall that being mostly the traditional right getting salty for it. The alt-right places I frequent laughed it off or just objectively assumed it was a stupid move on Hillary's part. And there is a difference between a verbal insult and people being a risk/getting attacked or worse.