QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

I thought I was because I hardly buy anything and I recycle but then I did an assignment involving our ecological footprint and it apparently takes 5.7 Earths to sustain everyone if they lived my lifestyle. D8

Edited by Hatsuoki

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say yeah, sort of. I'm not really going out of my way to do so though.

I just wanna be part of the quote chain too...

...all seriousness though, I would like to be better than I am. But honestly do not really do as much as I should unless I have to due to regulations at work or with the city.

Kind of. I always try to preserve electricity by turning off any electronic devices and lights that don't strictly need to be on. I also prefer dressing up in thick layers of clothes over turning up the heat. Also, if I can cycle somewhere, I will cycle somewhere, rather than going by car or public transport.

But that's all I do, I guess.

i suspect almost nobody in the "civilized" world really is, and we might very well watch the end of a golden era during our lifetimes

our lifestyles are based on rapidly spending finite resources to redo things, how insane is that

Definitely. When I put things down the drain I think: "some baby turtle is probably gonna bathe in this and die to the chemicals" or when I use a lot of paper I think: "I better be putting this into good use, a baby owl was probably living inside of this."

Edited by ~Summer~

probably more than you nerds but i'm not an activist or anything

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND THIRTY: What's a cover of a song you consider better than the original?

Lorde's version of Everybody Wants to Rule the World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVA6sgOpws

heard it on the ass creed unity trailer last year and loved it, the original isn't bad but it just doesn't appeal to me as much

also I really like both Scorpions and Sonata Arctica's version of Still Loving You, I don't think either are better or worse than the other, they're quite different but are both so good

Tainted Love (Soft Cell, originally Gloria Jones)
One (Three Dog Night, originally Harry Nilsson)
Get Lucky (Russian police choir, originally Daft Punk)
Hallelujah (basically any version is better than the original by Leonard Cohen ok on a re-listen I came to appreciate the original much more. John Cale's is still good but idk)

That being said my top pick is still Hallelujah performed by a certain church choir. There are no recordings but what can you do.