QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i admit i'd giggle at that then probably give him a slap on the wrist suspension

Don't worry, I won't.

I will say that the mentalities of a lot of people here seem to be to dogpile on someone

So I like Xenoblade. Okay. Suddenly the attacks and "new Touhou"

I don't post well, fine, but I see the same people attacking me over and over and over. It's maddening how anyone could do that just because I talk about a game that saved my life, and I mean pretty much literally

Don't worry, I won't.

I will say that the mentalities of a lot of people here seem to be to dogpile on someone

So I like Xenoblade. Okay. Suddenly the attacks and "new Touhou"

I don't post well, fine, but I see the same people attacking me over and over and over. It's maddening how anyone could do that just because I talk about a game that saved my life, and I mean pretty much literally

Uhh, weren't you the one that called me a hypocrite for saying to accept that other people have different opinions and to stop that "liking what you hate" and "hating what you like" nonsense?

You were pretty adamant about the fact that everything is inferior to Xenoblade yesterday, I can get the posts if I need to.

And even if it makes such a big difference in your life, good for you, but it doesn't mean that everyone is forced to like it, or even care.

I'd argue that it is. It's consistently the same three people, mainly two. I know what I'm talking about.

And then I dared to make a thread yesterday and immediately got labeled "Soul II" by some guy

bro the day that you stop making bad posts (i.e specifically ones that say "wow you don't like x", "why doesn't everyone like y, y is the best", "no-one should like z", obsessive behaviour and just being a general douche) is the day that I stop pointing said things out. there's been people that I've considered "bad" that have changed for the better on this very forum.

edit: also apologizing for your past behavior if you are truly sorry for it will help, there's a reason I still associate the hypocrisy of you calling others judgmental when you've been quite that in other topics

Edited by Tryhard

You were pretty adamant about the fact that everything is inferior to Xenoblade

Adding: People don't like it when others do this, doesn't matter if it's Xenoblade, your blade, or my blade, you can't force your opinion on others and then try to act like it's an objective fact. It just doesn't work that way

Edited by Soledai

And then I dared to make a thread yesterday and immediately got labeled "Soul II" by some guy

if you were compared to soul you probably made a shitty thread

edit: i checked the thread and it was a shitty thread

the guy even mentioned that soul hasn't made a thread in a while

Edited by maybe

bro the day that you stop making bad posts (i.e specifically ones that say "wow you don't like x", "I can't see why anyone doesn't like x, x is the best", "no-one should like y", obsessive behaviour and just being a general douche) is the day that I stop pointing said things out. there's been people that I've considered "bad" that have changed for the better on this very forum.edit: also apologizing for your past behavior if you are truly sorry for it will help, there's a reason I still associate the hypocrisy of you calling others judgmental when you've been quite that in other topics

Not "douche" or anything: determined

I like the way I do things. I aggressively defend what I like until the bitter end.

I'm also lacking comprehension on that analogy. X is obviously Xenoblade. Why is it such a terrible thing that it changed my life and I want others to like it like I do? I cannot imagine my life without Xenoblade and I can't grasp why no one else sees this.

Y is obviously GBAFE in that one General FE topic. That person provoked me by calling Awakening/Fates "Panty Emblem" and how is that mature by any means? People obsessed with how Fire Emblem used to be hurt progress. I went too far indeed, but their thinly veiled insult was the catalyst.

I will admit that I probably haven't composed myself well though, and I do apologize to you and quite a few others. I probably will just stick to areas where no one says anything negative about Xenoblade though. I physically cannot handle it; it makes me sick. It's the only thing that does make me physically sick, and that will likely never change.

I probably will just stick to areas where no one says anything negative about Xenoblade though. I physically cannot handle it; it makes me sick. It's the only thing that does make me physically sick, and that will likely never change.

this is seriously, almost incomprehensibly unhealthy

Adding onto this again: Euklyd quoted somewhere earlier in this thread, but you had stated in a thread that the only way to live life is to become so invested in something that every attack on it is interpreted as a personal affront. Eclipse said it was a pretty awful way to place yourself amongst people and that's 100% correct and a good way to make people dislike you and appear as an ass in public, or a on a forum, a bad poster. Everyone here has already stated something about how not to treat your opinions on a thread, but I'm going to tell you a secret:

Nobody cares about your opinions.

People will only get more annoyed the more you try to force your opinion down their throats and treat it as holy territory. I've seen your threads and statements about Kid Icarus and Xenoblade; both make me not want to associate with the respective communites. Nobody "worships" games and you, on a consistent basis, add strong and inflammatory statements to your opinions. It's almost as if you're trying to offend people.

tl;dr stop being dramatic in your posts and stop posting opinions and being obsessive

Edit: I saw your reply and this is exactly what I'm talking about. Xenoblade changed your life? That's all well and good but stop telling it to people. Nobody really cares and the more you try to force it changing your life onto other people, the more it's going to piss people off.

Edited by Knight of Argentum