QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that Xenoblade saved your life? I'm not going to question it, but I can't say that I felt the same about any game. It's irrelevant anyway. Maybe another person would say the same about Undertale. Maybe another would say it about Call of Duty. Doesn't really matter. Your opinion should not affect anyone else. As said above, you should not force your opinion on people. Like I said before: I didn't really like Xenoblade. Why can't you understand why I don't like a game that you really like? Vice versa, perhaps my favourite games are ones that you hate. I don't care, I'm still gonna enjoy them, I'm not fucking Diablo 2's internet defender. There's going to be people that do so for both. Mention your extreme like for the game when it's appropriate, but don't obsess about it at every turn. Your feelings and experiences with that game are ones that are personal to you, don't assume everyone else is constantly gonna wanna hear it.

Do you really want to be a nerd (sorry for overusage but y'know y'know) that argues X game is objectively great online? I don't think you want to be that type of person. Think about the way you conduct yourself, not just in regards to Xenoblade but in others too. Stop being smug about things like "why should I listen to radio music" and "why would people want to taste alcohol" even if you don't like it. I can't really take your apology seriously while you're still in this attitude, sorry.

sry freohr peace

Edited by Tryhard

You say that Xenoblade saved your life? I'm not going to question it, but I can't say that I felt the same about any game. It's irrelevant anyway. Maybe another person would say the same about Undertale. Maybe another would say it about Call of Duty. Doesn't really matter. Your opinion should not affect anyone else. As said above, you should not force your opinion on people. Like I said before: I didn't really like Xenoblade. Why can't you understand why I don't like a game that you really like? Vice versa, perhaps my favourite games are ones that you hate. There's going to be people that do so for both. Mention your extreme like for the game when it's appropriate, but don't obsess about it at every turn. Your feelings and experiences with that game are ones that are personal to you, don't assume everyone else is constantly gonna wanna hear it.Do you really want to be a nerd (sorry for overusage but y'know y'know) that argues X game is objectively great online? I don't think you want to be that type of person. Think about the way you conduct yourself, not just in regards to Xenoblade but in others too. Stop being smug about things like "why should I listen to radio music" and "why would people want to taste alcohol" even if you don't like it. I can't really take your apology seriously while you're still in this attitude, sorry.sry freohr peace

I agree with you but...

I never posted that "who wants to taste alcohol" thing. Someone else did. I said that they should not drink on job, but I didn't say that.

And two:

furthermore I'd like to add; Xenoblade? More like Xenobad.

Can you see that people like this are intentionally attempting to do this? What do they even have to gain whatsoever?

I agree with you but...

I never posted that "who wants to taste alcohol" thing. Someone else did. I said that they should not drink on job, but I didn't say that.

And two:

Can you see that people like this are intentionally attempting to do this? What do they even have to gain whatsoever?

They're only doing it because of the way you'd react

ok so despite the fact that "it was the only game I played this year" makes it my game of the year by default, I guess I could at least talk about why I like Undertale so much

oh my god I love undertale so much

i'm pretty sure most people on here who have talked to me know that because I've used like 3 undertale avatars

the story is pretty great I liked it a lot

it's the kind of story that really would only work as a video game, and I think that's pretty neat

there is so much that takes advantage of the medium itself which is really interesting

I mean, it made me question the morality of

killing off characters

or

RESETTING A FILE

in a video game. the fact that I genuinely questioned morality in a game is impressive enough. it's pretty damn good

the writing is really great too

it's one of the few times i found a video game actually consistently funny

and also i've heard a lot of people say it's not particularly good or is mediocre but I really enjoyed the combat system and battles! it was really fun, especially in the boss fights that changed it up

and also the music is REALLY GOOD and compliments the game super well

i like undertale it's a good video game

I admit that people's have legitimate reasons to dislike something, but something so unconstructive is typically what triggers me

so then why dont you explain to me your reasons for hating k rool and inklings?

I admit that people's have legitimate reasons to dislike something, but something so unconstructive is typically what triggers me

So exactly what's the difference between what Parrhesia said and literally every opinion you've posted?

What's constructive about you forcing your opinions down people's throats and all of the completely negative posts you make?

much like "why would i listen to radio music lol" triggered me

we find common ground

how

Not even joking, how on earth could you find offense to this

I think you missed the key word I.

okay but seriously you are the primary person who's doing this

i give up I think freyjadour wants to remain a bad poster forever

have fun in society bud

You mean Kira.

But anyway, to address your point earlier, I at least give reasons for what I say. I'm not even attempting to make people mad.

Posting something that isn't constructive is just frustrating. I think FE7 has a poor set of color palettes, the Black Fang is pointless when you look at FE6 and they don't exist, and the game has the slog known as Lyn Mode, and not playing it only hurts yourself when you look at EXP.

Just popping in here to say that if Freyjadour's profile is correct, they are 15. Not that this is an excuse, plenty of 15-year-olds don't act like this. But I don't really think my words are going to get through his head, sooooo … not gonna bother.

(I didn't play Undertale, so I have nothing useful to say other than that people who have played it love to complain about shitty stuff the fanbase does.)

All I'll say to you is this: if you really want to improve, stop acting like a victim and realize that interactions are a two-way street. People on SF generally aren't mean without reason.

I'm also lacking comprehension on that analogy. X is obviously Xenoblade. Why is it such a terrible thing that it changed my life and I want others to like it like I do? I cannot imagine my life without Xenoblade and I can't grasp why no one else sees this.

also i missed this but x is literally just meant to hold an unknown variable as it is commonly used x, y, z. any resemblance was just coincidental.

but yeah

Edited by Tryhard