QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Etrian Odyssey 2: Untold. Even with cheating bosses and ridiculous side quests, I just enjoyed it a lot. Fire Emblem if was okay too, but I think I had more fun with EO2:U overall.

This is really the main problem with bloodborne, replayability, however the dlc fixed a lot of that I believe, not all though.

But still, the only reason keeping bloodborne at a runner-up state for me are really just chalice dungeons and this.

You guys need to start paying for psn and just invading. It's hilarious how much fun twinking is.

You guys need to start paying for psn and just invading. It's hilarious how much fun twinking is.

i knew you were a twink boy

what is it, like old dickwraith action?

I did actually, but neglecting the chalice dungeons put me pretty far behind in pvp.

That's why you twink instead. Just grab a +10 weapon, put 18% gems on it (Or 22-24% if you have the DLC.), make sure you're at least BL 43 and invade the Forbidden Woods/Byrgenwerth/Mensis. It's very easy.

i knew you were a twink boy

what is it, like old dickwraith action?

Sorta. If you're gonna invade, you HAVE to make sure you're powerful because the bell maiden system makes you invade people who've already summoned another cooperator. However, if you invade in Mensis or the Nightmare Frontier, you don't have to worry about that since Bell Maidens naturally appear in both those areas.

Basically, you need to use enemies and terrain to your advantage. You're there to kill the host and make his/her life miserable. Throw those dumb, made-up "honor" rules straight into the trash can and fuck up that host. Make 'em beg for mercy. Make 'em cry to their mommies. Do whatever it takes to win because odds are you're gonna be up against more than one person.

Oh, and don't forget to level VIT. That's the most important stat for invaders in general. Stack those HP runes, too.

Edited by Esme

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, followed by Xenoblade Chronicles X. I only played 3 new games this year but I'm pretty sure these would've won handily even if I had played more 2015 releases, though Bloodborne had a chance of clinching second because FromSoft favoritism.

Other than Undertale, probably Etrian Odyssey.

etrian odyssey I'd honestly a bit dated. You should try the untold version.

I guess I'll say undertale or smash with boss. I don't smash all that often but it's always refreshing and engrossing when I do.

That's why you twink instead. Just grab a +10 weapon, put 18% gems on it (Or 22-24% if you have the DLC.), make sure you're at least BL 43 and invade the Forbidden Woods/Byrgenwerth/Mensis. It's very easy.

Sorta. If you're gonna invade, you HAVE to make sure you're powerful because the bell maiden system makes you invade people who've already summoned another cooperator. However, if you invade in Mensis or the Nightmare Frontier, you don't have to worry about that since Bell Maidens naturally appear in both those areas.

Basically, you need to use enemies and terrain to your advantage. You're there to kill the host and make his/her life miserable. Throw those dumb, made-up "honor" rules straight into the trash can and fuck up that host. Make 'em beg for mercy. Make 'em cry to their mommies. Do whatever it takes to win because odds are you're gonna be up against more than one person.

Oh, and don't forget to level VIT. That's the most important stat for invaders in general. Stack those HP runes, too.

sl40? that ain't so dickish. sounds like normal dandy sen's fortress pvp to me. dick tactics aside.

tbh the most fun I had in pvp dark souls was doing stupid shit like this to low level players instead of just "lol sl1 reinforced club one hit you"

hopefully dark souls 3 will allow the same sort of thing, and by that i mean the video not the one shotting of newbies

Edited by Tryhard

Freedom Planet and Trails in the Sky. In terms of found last year.

Xenoblade X for game that came out in 2015 I think though.

Edited by Jedi

sl40? that ain't so dickish. sounds like normal dandy sen's fortress pvp to me. dick tactics aside.

tbh the most fun I had in pvp dark souls was doing stupid shit like this to low level players instead of just "lol sl1 reinforced club one hit you"

hopefully dark souls 3 will allow the same sort of thing

It's either gotta be exactly 43 or 60. The reason why is because you cannot be invaded until you hit level 30, and level 43 is the highest level you can go to while still being able to invade players who are level 30. Anything past 60 is treading into "you need chalice gems" territory imo.

Anyway, if you invade in the Forest, the Frontier, or Mensis then you can definitely do fun stuff like that. The Forest is huge, confusing, and you can easily give chase to an opponent there. There's also several traps you can bait them into throughout the area. The Nightmare Frontier has cliffs and that giant poison swamp with the tentacle monsters and rock-throwing dudes. It's probably the most awful place to get invaded at. Mensis is fun, too. You can play around with the elevators and stuff.

Or you could just use bone ash evelyn + chikage for even more delicious hate mail.

Dude, gunspam is annoying as hell and everyone who does it deserves to have something bad happen to them. It's just not fun at all to fight.

Terraria man.

Love it.

Alternatively, Risk of Rain. Didn't actually own it until '16 though, I think.

Edited by sugar smacks frog