Serenes Arena Cup II (QUINT WINS)

Espinosa

I think Espinosa talked about banning Robin's kids (maybe Robin too), since you can have three units with (almost) any skill in the game, which kind of shuts down the whole customization thing. I don't think it'd be far fetched to have Robin fighting in a gen 2 battle despite worse stats.

Or maybe a limit of one Robin/Robin kid?

1 Robin/Robin Kid may work, but its still a bit wonky.

Also would we reveal parents before a match or..

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zerosabers sent me her team for the Quarterfinals game against Dan, so the first Round 3 game could be hostable pretty soon. The last two Round 1 games are stalling the tournament a little bit, but when me vs. Baldrick finishes, that'll free up 2 more games to happen.

So its you and me right Espinosa? Who shall we send our teams to?

Horace, of course!

Nintales and Baldrick can also send their teams to me whenever they are ready. Only one player has been completely eliminated, so there's still a lot of work to be done at this point!

Alright, with regard to Bond/Renewal, the game lumps all healing together, my 44HP Maribelle just heals 23 HP when next to Eirika with Bond instead of two instances of 10 and 13, so I dunno how we want to handle this.

I guess we just announce both should there be a situation where one would activate first.

It would also make sense to just say which characters recover what HP (since Soothing weapons are also a thing) without any indication from whom and for what reason, but either way works.

I suppose our generated rounds already stand out in general for these reasons:

1) you cannot view what skills the opposition has; you can in-game (but there are no ingame Link Arena for later skill-filled games)

2) we display "failed RNs" for skills, whereas ingame you never get notified that Luna fails to proc, it just doesn't happen and that's that - since it's a "forum game meant to entertain" informing the spectators is in the focus (or at least that's how I'd explain it if I were put on the spot)

One little thing is that in PoR and other games (e.g. Wyvern Knight's 20% Pierce) we do display the active side's skill proc percentages. I suppose this also isn't THAT crucial as we can usually tell what procs have been failed (albeit with exceptions when this or that player decides to run something like Sol).

Team submitted. I won't be able to host as many games for a couple of days, then starting on August 1st i'm on holidays, so I won't really be able to host at all except maybe a round or two in the evenings.

Also if you get any teams done tonight send 'em over my way, I'm around for a good chunk of tonight and can probably get some games started.

Edited by General Horace