H5 Warpskipping LTC (completed in 55 turns)

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the most kills?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin
  2. 2. Who will enter the most battles?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare you murder the Pope.

It must be why my plans got screwed up.

EDIT: Speaking of that, one relatively painless method of fixing this issue would be to purchase a Heal staff for Lena in Chapter 4, so that Marth could have gotten attacked one more time on the enemy phase. It would be nice if I could do it without spending any more money though...

Edited by ruadath

How much do the knight and archer do to Marth and at what hit rates?

This is exactly what I thought of (assuming your talking about Chapter 5 here). Hardin and his bros can actually kill the nearby archer instead of the thief on turn 3, then only the knight attacks Marth and he's actually quick enough to double and kill him. This should work.

EDIT: OK, this works. And Marth gets a ridiculous level too. I'll have the revised video up by tonight probably.

Edited by ruadath

The new Chapter 5 video is now posted:

The video got cut off a little prematurely for some reason, but all that is missing is Bord's level up from killing Wendell (and getting the Barrier staff) and Marth seizing the throne. Since I had to make a few more kills than in the last playthrough, we see some more interesting trade/attack chains of Steel weapons among Hardin's cavalier group, but the overall strategy for the chapter remains the same.

Chapter 6 completed in 2 turns!

Marth got lucky and dodged one more attack on the enemy phase than he actually needed in order to survive (he could have taken a hit from the second archer), but I wasn't going to reset after the great levels everyone got. Alternatively, Sedgar was capable of drawing away an archer from attacking and surviving.

Other than that, a fairly straightforward chapter. I decided to recruit Rickard at a slight monetary cost (50G) because why not.

If it's easy enough to dodge those enemies, why not counterkill the other AK too, for even more experience?

Well I mean, each of these enemies has ~70% not true hit (with the armor knight having a bit more...), so it would take considerably more effort. I did have to reset something like 30 or so times after the map save before I found a seed that would work.

This whole playthrough is going to have the game speed set to slow, isn't it?

I don't know what you're talking about; the game speed is set to fast. The message speed is set to normal so that I can burn RNs more easily.

Hi Ruadath, been thinking, would it be possible for you upload a H4 saveslot at chapter 4? I want to try some things slightly different from what you're doing. But I can't seem to get another Ch1 crit bosskill for like forever :( He has got a crit kill on Jagen twice, so really unfair XD

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to see chapter 9. I believe Marth will JUST, but JUST be able to reach the castle at turn 4. In how many turns do you plan to beat chapter 10?

No, 5 is the warpless min since the gate eats up 2 mov regardless of the game version.

C9 will get 1-turned though as far as current planning goes.

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 7 is looking pretty difficult to complete because practically all of my units (barring Caeda who is busy flying to the boss) are doubled and ORKO'd by the fliers, and the Dracoknight is near impossible to kill. I've been stuck on this for the moment, and I think the only way for me to proceed (without restarting from earlier to give Marth the extra forge boost/extra level) is to have employ the use of Dracoknight!Jagen (instead of having him heal for staff EXP) as an extra Silver Lance user.

Hi Ruadath, been thinking, would it be possible for you upload a H4 saveslot at chapter 4? I want to try some things slightly different from what you're doing. But I can't seem to get another Ch1 crit bosskill for like forever :( He has got a crit kill on Jagen twice, so really unfair XD

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to see chapter 9. I believe Marth will JUST, but JUST be able to reach the castle at turn 4. In how many turns do you plan to beat chapter 10?

I assume you mean H5, right? And you want a save file right after Chapter 3 is completed?

Edited by ruadath

Chapter 7 is looking pretty difficult to complete because practically all of my units (barring Caeda who is busy flying to the boss) are doubled and ORKO'd by the fliers, and the Dracoknight is near impossible to kill. I've been stuck on this for the moment, and I think the only way for me to proceed (without restarting from earlier to give Marth the extra forge boost/extra level) is to have employ the use of Dracoknight!Jagen (instead of having him heal for staff EXP) as an extra Silver Lance user.

I assume you mean H5, right? And you want a save file right after Chapter 3 is completed?

Yes please. I think about recruiting Merric, adding a single turn. But he(Excalibur) might be helpful in clearing later chapters. Like the one you're struggling right now.

Marth can't hope to dodge/survive both knight hits and the pegasus- wyverknight? I thought both knights would've shaky hit rates. Pegasus does lowish(??) damage, so you only need to take the wyvern hit, right? Does the boss drop a weapon? If so, use it to un-equip your Rapier. This way you won't face WTD issues.

What forges do you really need for this playthrough?

1x Rapier

1x Wing Spear

1x Silver Lance

1x Stonehoist

am I missing any?

Edited by SSJDennis

Yes please. I think about recruiting Merric, adding a single turn. But he(Excalibur) might be helpful in clearing later chapters. Like the one you're struggling right now.

Marth can't hope to dodge/survive both knight hits and the pegasus- wyverknight? I thought both knights would've shaky hit rates. Pegasus does lowish(??) damage, so you only need to take the wyvern hit, right? Does the boss drop a weapon? If so, use it to un-equip your Rapier. This way you won't face WTD.

Hm, actually you're right, this seems totally doable to 2-turn this; Marth faces 5 attacks and can take 2 of the weaker ones so he only needs to dodge 3 attacks, which is roughly the same as last time; as you point out I can convoy the Rapier to not face WTD, which ends up being roughly equivalent to the avoid boost the pillar gave me in the last chapter. But without the +4 Mt forge, Marth can't OHKO the boss... which means I have to replay the earlier chapters to get the forge.

More importantly, after doing some testing, it also seems impossible to prevent one of the PKs or the DK from moving on the throne on the EP which prevents us from seizing...

What forges do you really need for this playthrough?

1x Rapier

1x Wing Spear

1x Silver Lance

1x Stonehoist

am I missing any?

The Stonehoist is the big cost here, requiring something like 30k worth of gold. The Rapier is necessary for the early game bosses with Marth and is either a +3 or +4 forge depending on how you plan your playthrough out. I think I can get by with just 1 extra Mt on the Silver Lance.

Surprisingly enough, the Wing Spear forge doesn't really seem to be necessary, at least for early game (pre the Stonehoist forge). I'll probably need it later, but I'm banking on not having to do it early on so that I can save money.

The one thing you missed is the Javelin forge. Caeda needs to ORKO a fighter in chapter 9 so that Jagen can reach the boss in one turn, and needs to hit the Chapter 11 boss from a space away after recruiting Jake. I'm not sure what the exact requirements here are, but if you're not promoting Hardin, there is a chance you may not need it at all.

If you would need to replay Ch4, why not get the Sereph Robe in Ch6 instead of the kill for Shiida?

If you give it to Marth, he can probably more easily survive Ch7 and Ch8. Also, did you get a +1 for DEF / HP every time with Marth?

Other then that I would say everything goes "perfectly" thus far. In Ch7 the peg/draco never moves on the throne for me >_> So I guess

you must be unlucky with the RNG roll out.

How do you plan on beating Ch10? Warp Marth next to the boss and hope for the best?

If you would need to replay Ch4, why not get the Sereph Robe in Ch6 instead of the kill for Shiida?

I'm not planning on restarting from Ch4. I should be able to clear this in 3 turns if I let Jagen go Dracoknight (or alternatively, if I rigged Wolf a crit-kill so he could take out the enemy Dracoknight, but I'm not sure I want to do that). This means that I have to let Jagen hit level 4 by the end of the chapter though, so I have to let him take the Dracoknight kill and two regular enemies. Hardin should be able to get by with just the thief EXP + Minerva, so I think he'll be OK.

Also, did you get a +1 for DEF / HP every time with Marth?

Other then that I would say everything goes "perfectly" thus far. In Ch7 the peg/draco never moves on the throne for me >_> So I guess

you must be unlucky with the RNG roll out.

Yes, Marth has in fact hit (at least) HP/Str/Skl/Spd/Def every level. I'm surprised that you managed to get the fliers not to move onto the throne. Can you tell me what you have been doing? Since Marth obviously can't kill the boss, I've been using Caeda for testing (also higher Avoid), but no matter which side her I put her on, the enemies seem to move onto the throne (unless I put her above the seize spot, but Marth obviously can't go there).

How do you plan on beating Ch10? Warp Marth next to the boss and hope for the best?

Chapter 10 should be a 3 turn. Wait one turn while moving everyone west, then warp Marth to boss and kill. I need three turns anyway, since Jagen has to make it to the enemy hero for his Master Seal, and Hardin needs to use this as a final EXP grind to hit level 10.

Got more luck in 2 turning Ch4 or Ch7 yet? I'm not sure if Ch4 is possible, how many hits can Marth take anyway? Just a single, right?

Chapter 4 is not really possible; Marth takes only 1 hit like you said, the horsemen double him, and everything is a mess (not to mention he also has to crit kill cavs who move onto the throne). I'm still planning to 3 turn Chapter 7 (Hardin needs the EXP anyway). I actually have a (reasonable) strat for that already, I've just been too busy with schoolwork to spend time practicing running through everything quickly, so I haven't gotten around to uploading yet.