Chrom is gonna be in? Wut?!

Elieson

I don't know about you guys, but that costume looks perfectly Chromulent to me.

Let's just hope he doesn't break the fanbase. Personally, I'm glad his inclusion Chrompletes the trio. He may not be an actual fighter, but at least we can Chrom in as a Mii.

Chrom puns bring me great happiness.

Edited by Deviddo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling this is gonna piss people off more then please them.

Several individuals are already upset because apparently King K Rool being a Mii Costume suddenly means he has zero chance, I still think it's entirely possible he could be added though, I wouldn't be surprised if he won the Smash Ballot.

Why are people saying that this means K. Rool won't be playable? Link has a Mii costume too, and Peach has a Mii hat, as does Zelda. And all three are playable. K. Rool could still get in and I still think he will. Which is unfortunate for me because I wanted Dixie Kong instead.

But yeah, more DLC I won't be buying... I dislike Chrom and I think we have enough Awakening content. We need more FE content that isn't Awakening. Sigh... I'll get the upcoming stages though, if they can be bought separately.

because those characters got in before the mii content got in.

with the mii stuff existing before the character makes it in, that gives less incentive for them existing via DLC

i mean, we didn't get mii outfits of ryu, roy, or lucas...

Taco why does your avatar look like Ike had a stroke?

See below.

HE PERFORMED THE FUSION DANCE WITH RYU

DONT QUESTION IT JUST ACCEPT IT

He is neither Ike nor Ryu. He is Rike. Haha get it?

In all seriousness with KK Rool and Chrom's chances hurt by this I do wonder what other characters that Nintendo is considering.

Edited by LordTaco42

Several individuals are already upset because apparently King K Rool being a Mii Costume suddenly means he has zero chance, I still think it's entirely possible he could be added though, I wouldn't be surprised if he won the Smash Ballot.

Well the same thing happened when people saw a Metaknight mask on the Miis before Metaknight was confirmed.

But, K.Rool fans are livid. That this could in any way hint that even if he won the poll that Sakurai wouldn't add him

Edited by Jedi

He is neither Ike nor Ryu. He is Rike. Haha get it?

*sigh* Goddamnit, Taco. I actually laughed at this.

On a separate note, now I want a Chrom mii on standby for when the DLC goes live. Has anyone made/found one that's similar to the Mii Fighter picture??

because those characters got in before the mii content got in.

with the mii stuff existing before the character makes it in, that gives less incentive for them existing via DLC

i mean, we didn't get mii outfits of ryu, roy, or lucas...

"But.. but.. they revealed Meta-Knight's mask a week before they announced Meta-Knight."

I don't know, but I kind of feel sad for people with those argumentations.. hm.

And Robin remains the only FE character in Smash without a counter.

Haha that's right. Mii Swordfighter has one. I kinda forgot since I don't really use Miis

*sigh* Goddamnit, Taco. I actually laughed at this.

Just be glad I chose the more appropriate Rike and not Reich. Ryu Ike Masterace

What is the actual possibility of Chrom and/or KK Rool coming in? Like Ragnar said with the whole MetaKnight thing could just be a preview of things to come. Although I highly doubt Chrom would get put in since he's already in Robin's Final Smash and Fire Emblem already has a large amount of reps as is (not that I'm complaining).

Dunno why some thinks that KK Rool will not make it. After all:

1. Having a new character for the DK franchine would not hurt

2. We have only a few heavy character

3. We need more vilains

4. He is not bigger than Bowzer

What is the actual possibility of Chrom and/or KK Rool coming in? Like Ragnar said with the whole MetaKnight thing could just be a preview of things to come. Although I highly doubt Chrom would get put in since he's already in Robin's Final Smash and Fire Emblem already has a large amount of reps as is (not that I'm complaining).

My honest opinion: unlikely.

The Meta Knight mask was 1) just a mask, not a full costume, and 2) of a veteran, not a potential newcomer. It's not an accurate comparison. They have to know who they're making for at least the first batch of ballot choices, so why would they add a K. Rool costume now if they were planning to make him playable on his own? Plus, he's coming alongside Chrom, whom most definitely is not going to be playable on his own.

The only costume we have of a playable character is Link, and that's Link. All the others are characters not otherwise playable, including the Inklings, which have been pretty popular Smash candidates since Splatoon's announcement...and aren't likely being made into fighters.

It doesn't 100% deconfirm either, but fans should definitely be worried if a fighter is what you wanted.

I think K Rool fans are justified in their worry, a worry which I greatly sympathize with. I personally voted for the Inklings as a DLC character, and really thought they had a chance for a while, but having a Mii costume seems illogical for a character you plan to sell as DLC. Every other character who is both playable and a hat/costume is non-DLC and non-unlockable. They're signature characters with iconic outfits that people would want for their Miis. There is no signature or iconic element of K Rool being utilized here, it's just a Mii crawled inside K Rool's mouth. The recent Mii costumes appear to be characters Sakurai wants to represent, but is unable to make full characters out of, like Dunban, the Mega Men, Zero, Proto-Man, Isabelle, Heihachi, Akira, Jacky, KK Slider, and now Chrom. Sounds to me like K. Rool is joining those ranks. It's better than nothing, but I imagine it is disappointing for his fans, as even I thought K. Rool had a really good shot for DLC.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Meta Knight is not a veteran (since he was not in 64).

He may be in a great tier in brawl but he's not a veteran.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Meta Knight is not a veteran (since he was not in 64).

He may be in a great tier in brawl but he's not a veteran.

Veteran is anyone who's been in a previous smash game before.

the Original 12 are simply known as thus, or the O12.

No worries, I'm fine ( well kinda, I feel a little stupid right now).

But wait what about the DLC characters like Mewtwo, Roy or Lucas. Are they newcomer but also veteran at the same time?

Also, I don't want to drive the post away so about Mii Chrom, I kinda happy about it since I can finally get a good costume for sword Mii.

I don't know about you guys, but that costume looks perfectly Chromulent to me.

*hands you a free internet*

Whoa, i havent even caught up with some of the past DLC, let alone CHROM! Omg new main.

Chrom is kinda like Ridley in that regard. It really shows that Sakurai cares, but there are very few substitutes for an actual playable appearance. And getting something like a stock icon like the actual fighters feels more like being teased above anything else.

Edited by BrightBow