TheMoniker struggles through GhebFE

TheMoniker

Like many of you (probably) I have been hit with Turkey Day busy-ness and couldn't update. But I'm back now! For real! Definitely! Absolutely! Positively! Yeah!

there were sleep staffs in this original stage.

Ah, okay. Still, it's worse here because we have no restore staves.

Time to suffer in...

GhebFE: Episode 17: Chapter 9: Part 2: Trying not to die

h1l8c22.png

Well, this is it. The last tutorial. Never again will I be able to start an update with one of these.

Luckily, this tutorial sums up the entire hack.

zrHZz4V.png

We're off to a good start! I have a good feeling about today's update!

joC7fYq.png

Woah! Good job, Phantom! Ironically, he's the one unit it would have mattered least had the staff hit...

dnMcd60.png

Reinforcements.

PHLdSH6.png

PLENTY of reinforcements.

See, this is a real problem. Since all the enemies are super-tough, having a bunch of high-MOV dudes charge me is a MASSIVE obstacle, moreso than in the original game.

bOpgHSB.png

Wow, Selena! You even got defense! Keep that up and you'll turn out better here than on Gheb's route!

3wl9aj0.png

Good, now we can open up Kiwi's cell.

zsMkUrC.png

Amelia is busy pummeling the sage. I'm doing attack/get damaged/sub someone else in for the next round/heal injured/repeat. Yeah, the sage is so strong it requires THAT MUCH complexity. Not that it's that complex.

QqpkTvq.png

Almost...

LGmSn6K.png

More? These guys had better stop soon!

clPNhH2.pngTPJ9Oba.png

Good news: Sage dead! Bad news: Not QUITE enough XP for Glen to get a level.

Fk19Nu3.png

The one I got in the Gheb run obviously isn't here, so I'm taking this one!

AA2d0Xu.png

Okay, so, what I THINK happened here is that someone died, I reset, and then Glen missed his 82 trying to kill the sage.

Wow Glen.

Wow.

PXyeWT5.png

I make Colm kill a mercenary...

5Oe9Zvn.png

And because of that, the spear doesn't get stolen...

th5El3f.png

Moulder! What the heck are you DOING?

TrV8V7U.png

Agh! Stop that!

3Bwml7g.png

We managed to survive another turn, barely, but the next few turns look to be EVEN WORSE!

rH2w5nK.png

Everyone needs to chip in! Even people who can't gain EXecution Points!

IwvNBHC.png

Ugh! Stupid shamans, hitting from the wall, making me look stupid, grumble grumble grumble...

HqvyF9N.png

When the enemies seem insurmountable even with stealing strategies, who do we call?

iYZU1dP.png

EWAN!

pdsJgkX.png

Look at my units in the hallway. It accidentally turned into a weird formation.

bjT50Lp.png

Since McCartney can promote, I'm definitely using him this run.

N2MPHDV.png

I'm burning through Peerless S. uses like crazy, because I NEED IT to survive!

dJb8BoT.png

We can do this!

M9LyvIe.png

Never mind!

mwRwYaY.png

ITS A LATE THANKSGIVING MIRACLE

VbX5yXg.png

GAH! DIE, YOU STUPID ENEMIES! YOU ALL NEED TO DIE! YOU'RE FRUSTRATING ME! AAAHHHHH-

DgJBtJD.png

Oh.

We got them all.

Good.

YR9UcrI.png

Let's rescue this guy! Man, I wish I had him a little bit ago.

anw65K2.png

That's a really small amount of gold. I was hoping for something cool.

VMhPAWA.pngg9B5Bd8.png

Me too, Cormag! I KNEW he would crit!

bIFKNOw.png

What I didn't know, however, was that Cormag would do this the second go-around.

vp9CfO8.png

Ewan carried my team so hard this chapter, all his weapons broke. And he started with plenty of uses. I'll have to get him more. LOTS more.

72YXIx0.png

Out of the way!

LIMx6o9.png

Hey! A talk conversation!

RlOSEdK.png

Glass: It was very smart of you to infiltrate with all that armor.

Kiwi: It’s not Kiwi’s fault Kiwi’s so smart. And Kiwi found out some useful information. Anyway, there is something that looks like schmexyness Gheb over there.

Glass: Huh?

Kiwi: It may be a projection Kiwi thinks.

Glass: Hmm… Well, let’s go.

Kiwi: Right away. Hey not so fast! Kiwi’s armor slows him down!

That wasn't so bad!

uA9ByqK.pngCRaNwuM.png

We get a manly seal quite literally JUST in time to promote Moulder. Though, I honestly don't know if he deserves it.

vIIhjtU.pngvNJoyE7.png

Level 16!

3G4GNxn.png

Maybe I should just skip me punching through the last few enemies before Eghb. I'm sure you don't want to see me struggling against these insane stats.

G93XZty.png

TO THE BOSS BATTLE!

j5Omm3C.png

Eghb: Arkuska! Zaaa Warudoooo!!

Phantom vs Eghb! Phantom, unfortunately, does not survive.

gj7EyUc.png

Dance McCartney dance!

BkBrRRE.pngfxU9LoD.png

Alright, we win!

yjM0PQu.pngmNB00WE.png

Eghb: arklam… kraske…

I generously allow Selena to have the kill.

QTmJdQU.png

I still wonder if this means that the true final boss is in the ruins.

u1FYmI8.png

Wow, she never got this much defense on Gheb's route!

Now, to do some wrap-up stuff:

kNQukYI.png

Turns out we do get a Bob, it was in a chest.

yYt3Ayk.pngXcUAl2d.png

Moulder promotes, and sucks less.

YzMJbpz.png

Glass and Kiwi!

g9uOxA4.png

Kiwi: Kiwi’s not Tin Man, he’s made of steel. What’s up would be the ceiling, also, nuttin.

Glass: You’re a weird one, aren’t you?

Kiwi: Well if you say Kiwi is…

Glass: Yeah well, saying your name at least once every sentence started to creep me out but I got used to it. You’re good at what you do.

Kiwi: Kiwi can only be Kiwi after all. Unless you want Kiwi to be someone else, like Emu. The bird, not the fag. Kiwi can try that. But Kiw rather not…

9YftyQQ.png

Glass: Anyway, no, no worries. No fucking worries my friend. This also reminds me. What’s below the steel?

Kiwi: Kiwi.

Glass: I know, but… what are you Kiwi?

dBqcUrQ.png

INFINITE RECURSION

Glass: Ugh… fuck. Don’t fuck with me man.

Kiwi: WAT? Do not ponder such things to Kiwi! Shouldn’t Kiwi and Glass be kicking ass right now?

Glass: I guess… Hey look!

GXQN5rM.png

Kiwi: What did Kiwi do?

wwE00bd.png

That interaction was, ALMOST, not bad.

RLRGejU.png

But, we're certain to see some more terrible dialogue next time!

NEXT TIME: Maybe I'll do a combo prelude-conclusion since there's been such a huge update slowdown.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rH2w5nK.png

Everyone needs to chip in! Even people who can't gain EXecution Points!

Am I literally the only person who hasn't played Undertale yet? Everyone's talking about it, I heard a number of things mentioned (Hence me knowing about the whole deal with EXecution Points), but I haven't played it yet and have avoided...some spoilers so far (I know about the whole morality schtick at least (Is that how you write that?)).

On the topic of GhebFE...well, at least the dialogue was mostly painless. Slightly makes up for the painFUL chapter itself.

...I remember when this was being made. I never understood the love for Gheb, but then again, when this was being made, there was a fad going on where people were making joke hacks.

...I only read the first post, and I can already tell how awful this game is going to be. The creators probably found it funny. I don't. lol.

Now to spend the rest of my day reading this nonsense instead of actually doing project work. lol

Am I literally the only person who hasn't played Undertale yet? Everyone's talking about it, I heard a number of things mentioned (Hence me knowing about the whole deal with EXecution Points), but I haven't played it yet and have avoided...some spoilers so far (I know about the whole morality schtick at least (Is that how you write that?)).

No you are not. Looks fun, though. I plan to get it myself.

On the topic of GhebFE...well, at least the dialogue was mostly painless. Slightly makes up for the painFUL chapter itself.

Nah, I'm on your side as well. My social media is 20% Undertale at the moment, though, but the fandom side rather than actual plot discussion. As such, bad times aplenty. A few weeks I was $0.50 away from being able to buy it, unfortunately.

...I remember when this was being made. I never understood the love for Gheb, but then again, when this was being made, there was a fad going on where people were making joke hacks.

...I only read the first post, and I can already tell how awful this game is going to be. The creators probably found it funny. I don't. lol.

Now to spend the rest of my day reading this nonsense instead of actually doing project work. lol

Fandoms form over the weirdest things. I'm currently going through it skipping all text to enjoy the pure BS that the chapters provide, so that's an option if you want to spare yourself the bad taste.

Me not updating was mostly "me struggling to find time to record." And being busy with Plague Inc. And Starcraft II.

I had a feeling Glass wouldn't be as bad, just nonsensical.

If you mean story, sure. Gameplay, however...

Yes. You are literally the only person who has not played this awesome game. Everyone in America has played it. Tibetian monks have played it. Sweatshop workers in China have played it. Poor kids in Africa and India have played it. Unborn children played it in the womb. You are, quite literally, the ONLY person who has not played it.

The CHAPTER 9 CONCLUSION and CHAPTER 10 PRELUDE!

9rXFbzQ.png

They were indeed douches, and they are indeed dead. FINALLY.

Glass: Good, good.

5FlMKvK.pngl0fbvk7.png

And here I thought they were dead.

Glass: What was all this? That abomination?

Enemy: That’s an Eghb… One of Gleb’s creations.

Glass: Fuck. It was so shitty… Look fool, you want to get PWNTED?

Enemy: Ah, no, mercy!

Glass: Then fukken leave!

DMiX7QW.png

He's so scared, he's making typos.

Kiwi: Kiwi’s clearly not amused.

Glass: Hmm.

Ryt1hKD.png

How dare they NOT mock that guy! Seriously, there needs to be more mocking going on.

Y0DnVzs.pngl3ShfLz.png

Kiwi: Right away, Glass sir!

I think there was a bunch of text-skips here. Something about hurrying up.

CA4T934.pngzCrzqBJ.png

Tana!? You're not supposed to still be relevant!

McCartney: Umm… I told you, family.

Tana: Rite.

McCartney: Meh… Now I’m stuck with you guys again so…

Tana: Hehe, I’m glad.

McCartney: Yeah…

*McCartney leaves*

Tana: Hmm… I wonder how Ghebby is doing…

*sigh*

CXpV52c.png

Villain update! And it's a new one this time!

HHY6OfS.pngonq90Cm.png2cWBJg5.png

Ah, Lute. Hope none of you forgot about her!

Ephraim: Follow Duessel to Bethroen. He’s weakened.

CQlAzOs.png

I guess this is the best excuse we get.

Ephraim: As soon as you get the chance, terminate him.

Lute: Duessel… I never really liked him…

Ephraim: You have your orders. He’ll be with senor Knoll. Knoll is an even bigger failure. Finish him too.

Lute: With pleasure, your grace. I, the prodigy shall rain PWN on the weak…

JQBRlpR.png

So, let's keep going. Let me say right now, this is one of the MOST changed chapters yet.

V9283Gr.png

I start off by grinding a small bit, when something catches my eye...

ztL30uo.pngFgoEz6J.png

Wow, this game has truly reached critical trolling mass. Putting a guy with this on top of a cliff... of course, one critical thing is being forgotten here.

IsooKD9.png

Using an AMAZING RESCUEDROP STRATEGY, we snag it, then...

0o9Vq2k.png

FAIL AWAY!

qa7sbx4.png

Alright, now to the actual chapter...

(Yeah, we totally lost more text here)

N: And so the posse moves forward. It is clear that Gleb is taking the offensive.

O1JaAeK.png

Manly tears indeed.

We will be seeing MANY manly tears shed.

0Wk5bdv.pnggelIas2.png

Kiwi: Ahh, Denrei. What is the matter?

Denrei: Sir, Denning’s operation was aborted, he was discovered and is now surrounded in Carcino.

Kiwi: Ugh, that wigger Denning, he can never do anything right.

Glass: … you’re a ptretty whore.

Denrei: Um, excuse me?

oVdPRuk.png

Glass isn't the best at pickup lines.

Glass: What do you think, Kiwi?

Kiwi: Yes, Denrei is one of

Denrei: *text skip*

Kiwi: *text skip* stick with us, we’re gunna use yer help. Denning should be able to take care of himself.

*the game goes back to map for a moment, ground begins shaking*

g0Y62MX.png

Glass: An earthquake?

Kiwi: Well, the earth was indeed moving.

Before, the earthquake was a minor plot point. Now... not really.

Glass: That was fukken weird. Anyweh, looks like dead ahead is a port.

Kiwi: Denrei, go scout the area, Kiwi believes there is a high chance of enemma encounters thar.

VERY HIGH.

Denrei: Right away, Sir Kiwi.

Hu4I8lS.pngKfpZlT9.png

I do not understand how a cleric is leading the wyvern squad.

Duessel: How could Ephraim just disband the

AjaciRW.png

Duessel: I feel like I could cry…

For only crying manly tears, Duessel certainly cries them a lot.

lvo1HMy.png

Duessel: Ah, Lute. What’s the matter?

Lute: How do I put this… Oh yeah. Gleb wants you dead. You have been filling yourself with much failure and deserve to die.

Well! At least she gets to the point! In this game, with all these other characters, it's actually something I can appreciate!

Duessel: What!? What do you mean?

Lute: You are gonna die, that’s what I mean. Look, douche, let’s make this fun,

1Z780W9.png

Lute: okee?

1ovlsA8.png

Duessel: YOU ARE A WHORE?

I would SO much rather have Lute on the team than Duessel.

F46iV2E.png

Swrwp1H.png

Defection!

HOwUayp.png

Here's Lucius, who apparently died his hair green... I guess...

Lute: Sister Lucius? What is it?

Lucius: … yes… I do not wish to partake in this battle

2JCnICk.png

Lucius: … I beg to differ. I shall take my leave now.

9LDZjCL.png

HAHAHAHAHA

Good for you, Lucius!

Lute: She also wants to be a failure. We’re gonna have to kill her too. Too bad, she was hawt. Men! Show no mercy!

Aww...

END DIALOGUE

i7s8ofG.png

Okay, so, I might have... forgotten to do the preparations screen. This is good enough, right? Enough about me, the enemies are for more interesting.

BRmrnWE.png

So, we have more allies than normal, but they're scattered around the map, and the one that needs saving is QUITE far away from us.

Yhpzo2b.png

The generics are STILL insanely strong. These shamans are, in fact, the biggest threat to Duessel.

3A9PFs8.png

The boats are in the mix too. They're about as threatening as they were in FE8.

nLmvXH6.png

So, you know how there would normally be pirates here? And that the pirates would eventually wander down and up into Duessel's troops, slaughtering his generics, but it was still fun and a well-designed chapter? Well, here...

c5OkhHb.png

And here, yes, these guys will move to attack Duessel, are the GHOSTS. And they're the strong versions too! That's right! Just BECAUSE, the game has decided to put tons of flying promoted units to attack Duessel and his men! And don't forget the shamans, some of which ARE going to move down to attack!

So, you know how in a lot of the chapters we've done, the allied units dying before we could get to them was just a possibility, and it was unfair but it maybe could be mitigated with awesome tactics?

Well, now, Duessel and his people dying before we get to them isn't a possiblity.

It's going to happen.

Hundreds of times over.

Manly tears will be shed.

Btd4b22.pngMTiCh4u.pngmuceOmx.png4nqXxDK.png

There's a lot of good things for us to get, however. Not that they really help.

VMjelPs.png

Oh, and Lute?

sk5HvAI.pngTiOEt9u.png

She's not THAT tough. Saleh in Gheb's route was stronger, and we beat him! Still, that Bolting makes me glad she's leaving.

You see the shaman next to her at the bottom?

NMXVslZ.pngP0yjZMU.png

Yeah. The weakest enemy on the map. Hopefully, he'll be our real boss. Honestly, I could just... pop down and kill him if I wanted to...

nXjIWED.png

I'm serious. It would take 2 turns.

Now, for the allies!

KqQnidd.pngRisx0xf.pngMjLKE7U.png

The green shaman helping us is Knoll, from the cutscene. As far as I know he's not recruitable, which makes his guiding ring make me cry all the more. He's going to help us attack the enemies though, which is nice I guess.

ztUdZtX.png8QVYqoQ.png

The green generics are buffed, but they're up against Ghosts. They won't last. Also, the front one is a troubadour for some reason. If the game thinks its helping, it isn't!

TTZ3udD.pngseopCOC.png

Duessel hasn't been buffed that much, which is very sad for us. He just does NOT have the stats to survive the enemy onslaught!

I wonder where they put Lucius?

FN9QMSK.png

...Yes. REALLY.

ZPFY0Tf.pngRv135aH.png

Okay. Let me all tell you something. Lucius is in a place where we can't get to her within 2 turns. The ship next to her will fire at her every turn. It has about a 30% chance of hitting. It seems like its low, but as we will see it is VERY VERY NOT LOW. Lucius can survive 2 hits. Surviving 1 hit is NOT enough HP loss to get the AI to use the Tea!

This chapter basically takes luck-based, idiotic, saving-people-you-can't-control BAD DESIGN, and turns the setting to MAXIMUM. This chapter is hell, hell, HELL, and what makes it worse is that I was actually looking forward to it! This was one of my favorite chapters in actual FE8, and to see it... well, THIS, is a massive disappointment!

Gah! The things I do for you guys!

NEXT TIME: Moniker changes his mind about something.

GROWTHS:

DUESSEL:

HP: 85%

Strength: 65%

Skill: 40%

Speed: 35%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 55%

Resistance: 30%

Total: 345%

His growths are actually really good. He could make a good T3, IF we can SOMEHOW find a way to save his sorry butt!

LUCIUS:

...Well, you all saw Oliver's growths, didn't you? Lucius probably has the same growths. Or maybe, the growths I showed were Lucius's, and Oliver's are elsewhere?

...Whatever.

Didn't me meet Knoll early on? He was the boss of the annoying fog chapter.

I really hate the concept of invisible enemies.

Indeed, and he was a necessary death Iirc. Might have been an accident that he appears as a friendly.

Let's just say seeing is half the battle.

Didn't me meet Knoll early on? He was the boss of the annoying fog chapter.

I really hate the concept of invisible enemies.

Yup, and he's back now but as a green ally. I'm not complaining.

And yes. Invisible enemies are basically the equivalent of RD removing enemy ranges and forcing you to count out the squares. They work ONCE. That's it. And he's using them a lot, too, so it's not like he can surprise me with a sudden return at the end! I have to check for them basically every chapter!

Indeed, and he was a necessary death Iirc. Might have been an accident that he appears as a friendly.

Let's just say seeing is half the battle.

Knoll isn't an accident, he was mentioned in the dialogue as going to be "wiped out too".

Time for a breakdown in...

GhebFE: Episode 18: Chapter 10: ...

eBAS6w3.png

First turn, moving forward! I can trust the NPCs to hold out until I can get to them, hopefully. I mean, they look like they're in a pretty bad situation, but I doubt the maker TOTALLY stopped caring about design.

Q2Tl4Ei.png

Valter: Now they start. I thought they were done already…

This game isn't that fast, Valter!

xKMDIbw.png

Lute: WTF are you doing here?

Valter: I bear good news. Duessel is no longer your concern. Gleb wants to use your prodigious skills later.

Lute: Huh? … you better not be tricking me or I’ll blast you straight to hell.

4mKdHo0.png

Lute: !!

iYwxGjB.png

Valter: … I don’t like you…

Lute: … feeling’s mutual.

I hate both of them! I would love to see them kill each other.

0MXUTQz.png

Anyways, Lute withdraws, leaving us with... wait.

QcsujQ7.pngx6EXxAY.png

Valter: This is all up to you. Don’t fail, or I’ll send your ilegal ass to the dungeon.

Garcia: No se preocupe. Eduardo Garcia lo puede todo.

Valter: That’d better be right.

Great. I should've known the game would never have let us get away with Stinks being our boss! Now we've got Garcia, and he's stolen Knoll's gimmick!

1AsyRg0.png

Distraction successful!

IAlZ99Q.png

2 mercenaries move forward. In normal FE, this is how the battle between Duessel's guys and the enemies would go. They wouldn't even engage on the first turn. But here...

FVDpd4C.png7sc84im.png

GHOSTS OUT OF NOWHERE! THAT DOUBLE!

6dcpDsH.png

And there's 2!

LtW3glA.png

Nope, 3!

9NMfWSo.png

Oh, and Stinks!

rJDITmd.png

2 dead. On the first turn.

In this hack, the knight crest which is normally available for saving all 3 allies is UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE to get. Let's hope Duessel can be saved...

Wcalezh.png

That's an oddly colored ballistician! Anyway, PLEASE don't hit and make my life hell, please please PLEASE...

6BjlqU0.png

OH COME ON!!!

zmCEm0Q.png

Duessel takes out ONE ghost. Most of them have 2-range weapons, meaning he can't fight back.

Td22O0I.png

Knoll walks forward and chips for us! How nice of him!

X3nuuCw.png

Turn 2, and things are going absolutely and utterly horribly. Not for us, for the green units! For once, WE'RE doing fine!

Vllj9bE.pngwFyl7d9.png

Garcia is super tough. I could beat him, if it wasn't for the time limit and my MANY OTHER OBLIGATIONS.

GAVUVJq.png

Speed!

The second turn is us advancing more. A lot of strategy happens, none of it quite interesting enough to show.

H7k9rPc.png

Lucius: Don’t they get that I’m a MAN? I’m tired of that bitch… and now they wanna kill me… Great…

Lucius's personality seems to have changed a bit.

hyOd0kp.png

THANK you. We should NOT have to be worrying about this on Turn 2!

9CMiAwY.png

Yes! You can do it, soldier! You can repay your fallen comrades in BLOOD!

DcVu5QG.png

...Aww. Now Duessel is totally alone, which is not a good thing for him.

y2gObmX.png

Annnnnd someone died.

At this point, I remember something.

Our team is lacking a critical component.

7uAIRQd.png

EWWWAAAAAANNNNNNN

4KuUKjq.png

Ewan will do the whole chapter.

RhhWvZU.png

Meanwhile, Glen will rescue Lucius!

This is really the best strategy possible. If you guys think of a better one, let me know.

TaKgHov.png

The first generic dies in a no-less-horrific manner...

pce1pLp.png

But the second one survives a turn!

FYfOuon.png

Yeah, Duessel, this really doesn't help anyone.

Hmu5ed2.png

Pick 'er up!

XJyBkTo.png

Well, actually, that would result in death by archer, so we'll do this house instead. Surely, Lucius can be trusted to survive 2 seconds.

7pFCycK.png

Man: He had yellow eyes and an indigo cape. Also long hair.

So, uh.... uhhhhhhhh... A PERSON!

1oQ96mm.png

From-afar nuke!

WIBvyIR.png

Ewan! Sort-of block the shamans from brutally destroying the rest of my RES-less army!

Z3XOmTt.pngaGGzAXu.png

NmWn5Yi.png

Okay, Ewan and Moulder will form a very nice wall.

It actually took a lot of tries to get this strategy done.

VRjSygW.png

Great.

p7R0ocH.png

OH COME ON! THAT WAS THE SECOND TURN!

Now that I think about it, how did the hit chance go from 35 to 47? Did... Did Lucius EQUIP A HEAVIER WEAPON!?

SZpU0cQ.pngPYMZc6B.png

Lucius: Oh, Raven… where are you now when I need you the…

cu6rWig.png

I try to have Glen rescue him, but I was right. Death by archer. I need another turn to get that archer out of the way.

bP4RFnx.png

Maybe this village can help us?

bduiE9a.pngxH6MaGW.png

Well, that was abrupt, and doesn't particularly help with our situation.

2t5JdXl.png

Glass takes out this merc, who was actually giving me a lot of trouble!

jdoImja.png

Alright, alright! I'll change things around so it works!

Wa9QVlA.png

Ow! Shamans! You aren't supposed to hit Duessel!

3k7JS3G.png

No! Dangit, Glass! Why do you have to be so vulnerable to the mass of shamans!?

opqZ8RE.pngcpm72L7.png

I do a lot of skillful maneuvering to keep people safe, including abusing Batta's canto.

ZkVhCdk.pngw7ad3hV.png

Seems like it's workin-

88sxakc.png

NOPE

A shaman got through

xm6Rwmb.png

Even with his low stats, Stinks is being EXTREMELY annoying with that Eclipse.

k0RivWx.png

This is just a reminder of why I rely on Ewan so.

rXlpmQ7.png

Duessel doesn't have elixirs. He has A VULNERARY.

Tsssz9W.png

Alright. Alright. If I can push through, and last one or two more turns... we can make this.

COcV21R.png

Ooh, nice overkill!

1q1D2Qr.png

We did it! We broke through the enemy lines! It took every last ounce of strength we have, but we're pretty much completely safe now! We can start focusing on our greenies!

MEANWHILE, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP, AN AREA I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER, ON ENEMY PHASE TURN 3

A4hHV2Q.pngmjhOP17.pngwhIsCRz.png

GAAHH!

TgLrMN8.png

Duessel: Weep with me…

7m8IRRL.png

...So.

Duessel is surrounded by a cluster of enemies, as you have seen.

He is low on health due to his lack of good healing. The shamans are the main problem, being able to totally tear through his health.

He needs to survive every single enemy, and continue to survive for a turn after so I can start clearing things out for him.

And what ways do I have of controlling things? Of making sure he survives?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

AD35Sru.png

Lucius has an ~50% chance of kicking the bucket every turn. And there's nothing I can do about THAT, either. Maybe if I had a Physic. But guess what? I DON'T.

ySYbH5T.png

I have absolutely no control over whether I live or die on this chapter. All the units spread around are generics I can't control, and they're in far more danger than I am.

aYFRAdX.png

The RNG decides everything. There is no way through this but copious amounts of abuse.

2sbFfTI.png

And no matter how many times I make those arrows move, no matter how many times I destroy all claims to my own playing legitimacy...

ZMPlEtO.png

Someone dies.

HjTPG1g.png

If Lucius dodges that 50, Duessel dies instead, against even greater odds.

rvLqrKs.png

Each and every time, things go a bit differently. But it's never the blue units dying. No, always the green ones.

YQQuZTn.png

There's nothing I can do. Continuing to try feels like an exercise in futility.

nma4R2I.png

And it makes me wonder: Why? Why am I doing this?

zgqjwSQ.png

Because I can? And that means I SHOULD? Because I WANT to see what lies in Glass's route, except that I DON'T? I don't care one itty BIT!

v8Xqyg2.png

Do I suffer through this, for the... well, not ADORATION so much as ATTENTION from a group of people on the internet who want nothing more than to see me SUFFER?

QD0d7Xh.png

From people who may or may not actually hate me? Who take JOY from my pain?

345PSOs.png

WHY!? Why am I doing this!? What is the POINT!??!

oBQ9uez.png

And the answer is, there IS no point. None at all!

SXYIgPo.png

I. AM. DONE. Done with this! Done with suffering more than I need to! We all KNOW Gheb's route is going to win the poll! No more! NO MORE of Glass's route shall be seen by us!

And for those of you who think that I SHOULD keep going?

That because you just HAVE to see what's ahead? You NEED to see what comes once I somehow make it through this terrible, terrible hack-well, alright, I'll make it through most of it, but you want to see ALL of this crazy thing- that contributes nothing to anybody?

You... can... just...

GO DO IT YOURSELF!

BECAUSE I AM NOT DOING IT FOR YOU ANY MORE!!

NEXT TIME:

We pick up where we left off... on Gheb's route.

And yeah, all those pictures were their own unique deaths.

No longer shall this be anything resembling a 100% run.

Well then. I did not expect a breakdown this early, I would assume a few chapters later. At least you can finish this more quickly~ And move onto Requiem woot!

Is it bad if I did enjoy seeing you suffer a little?

Also, did you make an Undertale reference during your little... breakdown?

Edited by MidoriMage

...wow...he actually broke.

I don't really have a lot to say about that.

So...you know...have less suffering continuing the game.

OhyeahandalsothatreallyisaloadoffecalexcrementreallysorryyouhadtogoforthatbutIhopeyoudon'tmindthatIdon'tfeelguiltyoveryouplayingthisoranythingpossiblyinpartbecauseIdidn'tvoteforitbuteitherwayyouknowwatchingyouplaythisreallydoessatiatemymorbidcuriositysothanksforthatandall.

Hey, you know what? Imagine this for me in my Chaos Mode 0% run. For all chapters since 20.

I can understand your pain. Flipping awful, and I think this game's not even worth.

The funny thing could be that there's not even a chapter after this one since it's impossible.

Could you try ending the chapter with Lucius and Duessel dead and keeping on the route? I mean, there's still more gruesome dialog to be seen.

Nightmare hacks to make Lucius and Duessel temporarily OP

Wow, sorry you had to go through all of that. Good luck with the remainder of the run.

And who knows, maybe with less characters to recruit you'll have less atrocious dialogue!

Of all the BS that is BS, that's the BSest I've ever seen. If you can't figure it out I'm certainly willing to try to find how to max out Duessel and Lucius so you don't get rekt.

That is, if you feel like doing it at all. I can understand not wanting to go through.

Edited by Forceman

I was right, hard mode is too much. But this is just mercy, honestly. Now you don't have to go through GhebFE Hard Phantom Ship.

It seems like the creator of this hack isn't the most creative of the bunch, with how most characters are either "I will raep u whore", very generic, or could fit right in with Awakening's cast in Knoll, Lucius, etc's case.

Edited by kantoorfarina

You still have the Mooving, right?

You could've just used the mine glitch.

Remember, this is still FE8. Mines have been replaced by "action tiles" as far as the Enemy Control Glitch is concerned. Which means you need to have them stop on a lava tile, a tile where you used a torch staff, or a tile where a snag used to stand.