TheMoniker struggles through GhebFE

TheMoniker

Remember, this is still FE8. Mines have been replaced by "action tiles" as far as the Enemy Control Glitch is concerned. Which means you need to have them stop on a lava tile, a tile where you used a torch staff, or a tile where a snag used to stand.

Or a tile where you dropped a mine. The mine effect has been coded in; it's just not been made available for use in vanilla.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I am pretty sure the mine glitch still works, there was just no mine given in original fe8.

Surprised you didn't break until now Moniker, was voting for you to play simply for the tier 3 animations.

I say cheat your way through with mooving or nightmare edits. Give them weapons that give the bonus stats of +30 speed and luck to make sure the evasion is off the charts high.

Eh, i got tired of the hack after like 2 chapters. the jokes are all either of the "deliberately extremely offensive" variety, or are 10 year old internet memes. I've stopped actually reading because this hack is so painful to watch. Hope you do requiem after this though. I hear it's really good, and it would benefit from being LPed by an LPer as good as yourself.

Eh, i got tired of the hack after like 2 chapters. the jokes are all either of the "deliberately extremely offensive" variety, or are 10 year old internet memes. I've stopped actually reading because this hack is so painful to watch. Hope you do requiem after this though. I hear it's really good, and it would benefit from being LPed by an LPer as good as yourself.

All I wanted was to stop at the route split for requiem :(

maybe that could happen still if the cannons or monkier is awesome votes go into "end it at chapter 17"

So, to everyone who's been suggesting that I just use hacks to get my way through this: I've honestly considered it, and I, like a lot of you, want to get through this quickly. And trying to see every nook and cranny of the hack isn't going to get us through to Requiem quickly. I'm honestly getting tired of this. I think we'll be okay though, as long as we pick up back with Gheb and force our way to the ending chapters. Not to mention, I feel like using Nightmare or mine glitches to get through would ruin... something about this. Maybe some time later?

To be fair, Moniker, you WERE the one who picked hard mode... You could have been done by now if you picked Normal.

Hard mode at the suggestion of my readers! Still, I do regret that now.

Hey, you know what? Imagine this for me in my Chaos Mode 0% run. For all chapters since 20.

I can understand your pain. Flipping awful, and I think this game's not even worth.

The funny thing could be that there's not even a chapter after this one since it's impossible.

Could you try ending the chapter with Lucius and Duessel dead and keeping on the route? I mean, there's still more gruesome dialog to be seen.

Lucius, I was planning on using, but in a situation like that I could MAYBE decide to survive without him... Duessel, however, is a game-over character, like he was in original FE8.

Time to get my own OP units back in...

The CHAPTER 15 PRELUDE!

iItZwn4.png

No map screen, sadly. Hopefully, we'll have enough weapons to get through!

6238hxj.pngiPNvaKH.png

What a way to start the chapter.

L’arachel: This is bad.

Gheb: Not really, whore… Now, I wonder when Glass will get here.

L’arachel: Oh? And how do you know that?

Gheb: Because I’m Gheb of course.

OgibqDD.png

Yeah, there's no way Glass can get here! He got a Game Over in Chapter 10! Even if he survived that, there's NO WAY he would make it through Phantom Ship, particularly with only generics! There's no way he's showing up here.

Gheb: Of course it does. Now… Let’s get to planning.

ZIdNA69.pngKGZNzEQ.png

Gheb is Patrick now?

eIuqcT8.png

Meanwhile, on the enemy side... is that Saleh!?

y8HBrgE.png

Nope, it's Natasha, someone we haven't even seen before.

Natasha: He’s here.

Valter: Great, great.

n0TwEUk.png

Valter: Do you see her salivating?

Did Valter's wyvern actually have a name in FE8? I mean, "Gruntilda" seems fitting...

Natasha: Of course. This is what you wanted, Valter. Don’t mess it up.

Valter: I know, reverse trap.

hpQe5Wp.png

Valter... Is the pot calling the kettle black?

Natasha: Soon, Valter. Very soon. Gleb will be free of his restraints. He will take his place as god. Take Gheb, alive.

Plot reminder! Gleb wants to become god, apparently. In place of Gheb.

I can't help but hope he succeeds.

Valter: … With Gleb’s grace.

Natasha: Yes, may his grace bless your every action. You sure you have all you need?

Valter: Yes! For crying out loud! There’s even that fail Joshua over there.

He really means it when he says "Fail". Be prepared for the biggest anticlimax bosses ever!

Natasha: Right you are… I’ll leave now. Failure will only bring the most dire consequences to you.

Valter: BAI!! Sheesh!

END DIALOGUE

GlLnilG.png

Well, that wasn't too bad! No more dialogue this update.

hZMvkIQ.png

Before we do anything else, it's PROMOTION TIME!

pOTQ7M2.png

No options to select, just straight to...

gTwZIK8.png

"The Beast".

2rgScp0.pngWTrzYkx.png

No new weapons, even! He's really not that great, but he has at least retained his stealing powers. I wonder how his T3 will turn out?

Dxdwa8t.png

And let's not forget...

vOu3ASz.png

Sage was tempting, but I'm going to go with her original FE8 class. Our team wants a mounted magic user more than it does another on-foot one. She needs some advantage over Ewan and Moulder!

LWs2sHn.pngRxYB3ac.png

Still impossibly overspecialized and insanely fragile for a promoted unit. Looking back, I should have handed out my statboosters before starting this chapter. We have a good stockpile going!

CdBXlFn.png

Glen gets the Fili Shield we got last chapter. No longer shall he fear ballistae!

YpJIth2.png

Here's our team. Sadly, Cormag had to be left out. But, everyone but him and L'arachel are now promoted! Oh, and Colm too.

PqnmppO.png

Formation! Now, start!

JHx3TL6.png

The chapter has officially started. Let's see what we're up against.

9Zrbld8.png

To begin, the unpromoted generics are increasing in level. However, they aren't really a threat at this point. No, the real problem is...

TqBtK5p.pngXEaTwlE.png

...the enemy is using more and more promoted generics. And they've got crazy stats like this. I mean, just look at that speed! Most of the enemy promoted units can double 2/3 of my army!

v5CD7Kf.pngLhXlDpB.pngMH9nOAf.png2E9IqnT.pngZY3Mo7v.png

Plenty of droppables, and even a stealable Guiding Ring! We'll want that for our T3-ing.

And now, I will show the stats of Valter. The enemy the game has been building up to with all of Gheb's route. The guy we initially set out to kill.

YDDVpMJ.pngdBiQtgr.png

He's not that great. His speed isn't even high enough to prevent stealing! Our team can TRASH him!

(Wait... he's a she!?!? I'm just going to ignore that...)

1gutK9I.pngvqEtGCr.png

Lightning sword or no, Joshua is absolutely pathetic. No defenses, and his speed doesn't even make him that great at dodging. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of my units could one-round this loser! Maybe this won't be as bad as we all thought...

NEXT TIME: Will it really be that easy?

inb4 Joshua turns out to be bullshit hard.

And the story stills seems to be bad as usual.

We're at a point where the real shock isn't all the offensive cows excrements they throw at us but whould be if it ended up somewhat decent...

n0TwEUk.png

Valter: Do you see her salivating?

Did Valter's wyvern actually have a name in FE8? I mean, "Gruntilda" seems fitting...

nope, there is no mention of a name for Valter's wyvern in FE8. Even if it was named, it certainly wouldn't be named after a Banjo-Kazooie boss.

Also, Joshua is absolutely PATHETIC. Those are like... BASE stats.

nope, there is no mention of a name for Valter's wyvern in FE8. Even if it was named, it certainly wouldn't be named after a Banjo-Kazooie boss.

Also, Joshua is absolutely PATHETIC. Those are like... BASE stats.

Gruntilda is a Banjo-Kazooie boss? Makes sense.

And yeah, Joshua is pathetic, but we'll be seeing his true nature in...

GhebFE: Episode 19: Chapter 15: Part 1: Return to Gheb

cykb4Kl.png

To start, Amelia will engage some of the forces on the top of the map. She should be strong enough to survive.

vDToOli.png

Ewan heads to the right, to destroy the idiots over there.

7DZdXoS.png

Kiwi heads down, to tank the losers in that direction.

5RbfJbG.png

Selena accidentally gets into combat with a hero, is doubled due to his insane speed, and dies.

Crap.

EDAqWNq.png

Okay, we can do this! Ewan will lead us to not-defeat!

3RKgwdO.png

How did I let this engagement happen?

iOlViru.png

One turn passes, and it looks like Glass hasn't arrived yet. He probably died over in that port area. He's probably never coming!

MhUWSM4.png

Also, I make an interesting discovery. Remember this "Finisher bow" we got some time ago that I just threw in with the other stuff? How it seemed like it had normal stats? Well, upon closer examination...

gIJCLy4.png

It's an Eclipse bow, that can double.

I like it.

a9iiFdl.png

Unfortunately, initial trials do little to prove its usefulness.

fULvpIK.png

What? They actually got there? WITH DUESSEL ALIVE?

7ZvPxsI.png

Glass: GHEB!

hjs4R7a.png

Glass: Now, let’s show these fuckers who are the rules of this place.

1UgZYAL.png

Why did they come on enemy phase? Well, at least they're not in anyone's range. I mean, just IMAGINE the BS potential here.

ZcwiPg9.png

Wow, that is one weird berserker. Not strong enough to take on Ewan, though.

ypNVs2l.png

Glen is doubled and way out-damaged by this enemy wyvern. Clearly, his training has a long way to go.

YsdiUnA.png

Great, pegasi! Well, it's player phase, now I can show Glass's guys. Apparently, Lucius DID die somewhere along the line.

ZZhEfPV.png

Duessel has almost his regular FE8 stats. He isn't a bad prepromote, but I'd rather use the people I've put effort into.

5DqTi3i.png

Glass is about the same as when we left him. It's very, very clear he needs training if he's going to survive.

And the third unit?

yYKB7Nt.pngbBYjI5l.png

Denrei! Apparently, she did join after all! And she looks almost actually GOOD!

Still, we have too many people already for me to train her. I'll show her growths, though.

3z9WvpD.png

Ewan finishes off the berserker, and gets a prize.

GJFh2pD.png

The pegs are pretty weak. Of course, this is how all enemy engagements against Ewan go.

5Ss6Are.png

The enemy has quite a few healers with them, and they prove themselves very annoying!

Hdq6etY.png

Right now, we're still handling all the enemy attacks on our position. Once we take care of that, then we can really start moving out!

KobtVVV.png

I remember what's in this village, and oh so desperately hope its unchanged...

WFZoXrg.png

Dude: This must end. You there. You seem to be part of either side. Take this, and make your side win. I care not for who wins. Just make it end! I need some sleep!

Denrei: Ok, ok…

That was boring...

rb1nJ9e.png

But the prize is most certainly NOT boring! Now, we can promote Colm!

hCxzNtw.png

Okay, Gheb weakens, Glen finishes!

yVfRgPi.png

Dangit, Glen!! Do you want EXP or not?!

AEvE0G9.png

I make Selena finish instead, but she'll get hurt now. ALL THANKS TO GLEN.

5HmkyzN.png

Kiwi is doing his job solo, and doing it excellently.

qO2147f.png

KQHz4ZF.png

I make Phantom handle a peg, for safety!

2AtOqWL.png

Honestly, this guy's gotten super tough over the levels. Thing is, I bet he'll reset when Lyon T3s.

daIedwn.png

Amelia says no!

MiuTKrP.png

Alright, more reinforcements come, Glass is trying to move up (and he needs to make it before the special reinforcements come), and once the reinforcements stop we can move forward!

tdTXWVi.png

Denrei hides out in this little totally safe alcove.

Jc2DHVB.png

Moulder visits that shop next to us, and it looks like it-

9uL0d2U.png

Woah! Not expecting that! I don't grab either of the staves, but hopefully the map-screen shop keeps them available.

q7urz52.png

Worth showing for how WEIRD it is.

NkEBnmx.png

Die!

E0dMF66.png

Cavaliers keep coming from the fort, even though Glass is hurting them!

ZpzsoQ6.png

We need Glass up with the group ASAP. Denrei will save him!

8HGx5kK.pngAWSfq5F.pngpQgtmTo.png65Ipswl.pngxLhiKdO.png2IuFpjQ.png

That was weird. Then again, compared to the other stuff we've seen this hack...

xSP6Ijj.pngbxeO87A.png

Ewan's going to lure out the wyvern squad before they kill someone else with that massive movement range.

71aViGT.png

He actually hit! Wasn't expecting that!

aZxeDmh.pnghSRDHjF.png

Duessel's holding off the bottom enemies, and Glass has made it up! However, if things go the same they did in FE8 there's a massive reinforcement wave incoming...

OuNH5Je.png

This is the last house.

Kkq5YgU.png

And it starts with a text skip. Of course.

Dude: crops and money and income. Gosh, he’s such a good guy. I have been getting pretty sick on the stomach, though. But I doubt it’s his fault.

Selena: Eh… I’m not gonna kill you out of pity.

So... whoever the text skipped is... making people sick... and making their lives better...

Huh?

(Also, I think it says something that Selena's line is universally applicable to everyone in our party)

UZYp0lR.png

I need to heal-grind L'arachel as much as possible to get her promoted, so she can survive the next few chapters!

WFaxh3h.png

I have to wonder if Lyon's promotion will make him more than the phantom-summoning prepromote we've been using. We'll have to wait and see...

jseeono.png

Nope. I can't kill this Eclipse-person, because she has the guiding ring.

suJoiEX.pngknOtDOy.png

Shamans! And one isn't an ORDINARY shaman... But that was just the top of the map. I'm sure the bottom will be-

Gq3qN3G.png

Dangit, I KNEW these guys were coming! And Duessel's still down there!

pjuw4H7.png

I'm sure Glass and Gheb will have insightful commentary on the situation.

jeIriJL.png

Glass: GHEB!

Gheb: You fool! My mighty axe has missed your peerless skillz!

Glass: And I have been in dire need of your schmexy axe!

Gheb: …

Glass: ….

5KlJQZz.png

I disagree.

Glass: It’s been a while though.

Gheb: Lol, yeah. Now, are we on the same wavelength?

Glass: Hmm?

wqBAmhO.png

Glass: Fuck yeah we are!

Oh, I remember that from a long time ago.

Now, readers, are WE on the same wavelength?

The HATE THIS HACK WAVELENGTH!!

XsaQ6aW.png

Next time: Getting this stupid 1-move idiot to safety from those bottom losers!

Monkier Sanity Index: Trying to start an anti-GhebFE alliance. (Oh, I'd just let Dussel die. He didn't survive the port, remember, and forced the ragequit of Glass route.)

Sorry about the serious lack of updates. I'll respond to everyone's posts and put out more stuff soon, it's just that the holidays are a super hectic time for me-particularly since my workplace decided now was the PERFECT time to pile on the shift hours. I'm taking a bit of a Christmas break, but I'll be back soon!

Working around the clock for Christmas? That must stink. Look on the bright side: you can escape Gheb! you can't escape our want for his shmexiness... I'll be right back, I need the cure for the GhebFE plague.

Yup, and he's back now but as a green ally. I'm not complaining. (Knoll isn´t staying for long)

And yes. Invisible enemies are basically the equivalent of RD removing enemy ranges and forcing you to count out the squares. They work ONCE. That's it. And he's using them a lot, too, so it's not like he can surprise me with a sudden return at the end! I have to check for them basically every chapter! (I think that after this chapter, they only reappear at Chapter 19)

GhebFE: Episode 18: Chapter 10: ...

eBAS6w3.png

First turn, moving forward! I can trust the NPCs to hold out until I can get to them, hopefully. I mean, they look like they're in a pretty bad situation, but I doubt the maker TOTALLY stopped caring about design.

Q2Tl4Ei.png

Valter: Now they start. I thought they were done already…

This game isn't that fast, Valter!

xKMDIbw.png

Lute: WTF are you doing here?

Valter: I bear good news. Duessel is no longer your concern. Gleb wants to use your prodigious skills later.

Lute: Huh? … you better not be tricking me or I’ll blast you straight to hell.

4mKdHo0.png

Lute: !!

iYwxGjB.png

Valter: … I don’t like you…

Lute: … feeling’s mutual.

I hate both of them! I would love to see them kill each other.

0MXUTQz.png

Anyways, Lute withdraws, leaving us with... wait.

QcsujQ7.pngx6EXxAY.png

Valter: This is all up to you. Don’t fail, or I’ll send your ilegal ass to the dungeon.

Garcia: No se preocupe. Eduardo Garcia lo puede todo.

Valter: That’d better be right.

Great. I should've known the game would never have let us get away with Stinks being our boss! Now we've got Garcia, and he's stolen Knoll's gimmick!

1AsyRg0.png

Distraction successful!

IAlZ99Q.png

2 mercenaries move forward. In normal FE, this is how the battle between Duessel's guys and the enemies would go. They wouldn't even engage on the first turn. But here...

FVDpd4C.png7sc84im.png

GHOSTS OUT OF NOWHERE! THAT DOUBLE!

6dcpDsH.png

And there's 2!

LtW3glA.png

Nope, 3!

9NMfWSo.png

Oh, and Stinks!

rJDITmd.png

2 dead. On the first turn.

In this hack, the knight crest which is normally available for saving all 3 allies is UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE to get. Let's hope Duessel can be saved...

Wcalezh.png

That's an oddly colored ballistician! Anyway, PLEASE don't hit and make my life hell, please please PLEASE...

6BjlqU0.png

OH COME ON!!!

zmCEm0Q.png

Duessel takes out ONE ghost. Most of them have 2-range weapons, meaning he can't fight back.

Td22O0I.png

Knoll walks forward and chips for us! How nice of him!

X3nuuCw.png

Turn 2, and things are going absolutely and utterly horribly. Not for us, for the green units! For once, WE'RE doing fine!

Vllj9bE.pngwFyl7d9.png

Garcia is super tough. I could beat him, if it wasn't for the time limit and my MANY OTHER OBLIGATIONS.

GAVUVJq.png

Speed!

The second turn is us advancing more. A lot of strategy happens, none of it quite interesting enough to show.

H7k9rPc.png

Lucius: Don’t they get that I’m a MAN? I’m tired of that bitch… and now they wanna kill me… Great…

Lucius's personality seems to have changed a bit.

hyOd0kp.png

THANK you. We should NOT have to be worrying about this on Turn 2!

9CMiAwY.png

Yes! You can do it, soldier! You can repay your fallen comrades in BLOOD!

DcVu5QG.png

...Aww. Now Duessel is totally alone, which is not a good thing for him.

y2gObmX.png

Annnnnd someone died.

At this point, I remember something.

Our team is lacking a critical component.

7uAIRQd.png

EWWWAAAAAANNNNNNN

4KuUKjq.png

Ewan will do the whole chapter.

RhhWvZU.png

Meanwhile, Glen will rescue Lucius!

This is really the best strategy possible. If you guys think of a better one, let me know.

TaKgHov.png

The first generic dies in a no-less-horrific manner...

pce1pLp.png

But the second one survives a turn!

FYfOuon.png

Yeah, Duessel, this really doesn't help anyone.

Hmu5ed2.png

Pick 'er up!

XJyBkTo.png

Well, actually, that would result in death by archer, so we'll do this house instead. Surely, Lucius can be trusted to survive 2 seconds.

7pFCycK.png

Man: He had yellow eyes and an indigo cape. Also long hair.

So, uh.... uhhhhhhhh... A PERSON!

1oQ96mm.png

From-afar nuke!

WIBvyIR.png

Ewan! Sort-of block the shamans from brutally destroying the rest of my RES-less army!

Z3XOmTt.pngaGGzAXu.png

NmWn5Yi.png

Okay, Ewan and Moulder will form a very nice wall.

It actually took a lot of tries to get this strategy done.

VRjSygW.png

Great.

p7R0ocH.png

OH COME ON! THAT WAS THE SECOND TURN!

Now that I think about it, how did the hit chance go from 35 to 47? Did... Did Lucius EQUIP A HEAVIER WEAPON!?

SZpU0cQ.pngPYMZc6B.png

Lucius: Oh, Raven… where are you now when I need you the…

cu6rWig.png

I try to have Glen rescue him, but I was right. Death by archer. I need another turn to get that archer out of the way.

bP4RFnx.png

Maybe this village can help us?

bduiE9a.pngxH6MaGW.png

Well, that was abrupt, and doesn't particularly help with our situation.

2t5JdXl.png

Glass takes out this merc, who was actually giving me a lot of trouble!

jdoImja.png

Alright, alright! I'll change things around so it works!

Wa9QVlA.png

Ow! Shamans! You aren't supposed to hit Duessel!

3k7JS3G.png

No! Dangit, Glass! Why do you have to be so vulnerable to the mass of shamans!?

opqZ8RE.pngcpm72L7.png

I do a lot of skillful maneuvering to keep people safe, including abusing Batta's canto.

ZkVhCdk.pngw7ad3hV.png

Seems like it's workin-

88sxakc.png

NOPE

A shaman got through

xm6Rwmb.png

Even with his low stats, Stinks is being EXTREMELY annoying with that Eclipse.

k0RivWx.png

This is just a reminder of why I rely on Ewan so.

rXlpmQ7.png

Duessel doesn't have elixirs. He has A VULNERARY.

Tsssz9W.png

Alright. Alright. If I can push through, and last one or two more turns... we can make this.

COcV21R.png

Ooh, nice overkill!

1q1D2Qr.png

We did it! We broke through the enemy lines! It took every last ounce of strength we have, but we're pretty much completely safe now! We can start focusing on our greenies!

MEANWHILE, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP, AN AREA I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER, ON ENEMY PHASE TURN 3

A4hHV2Q.pngmjhOP17.pngwhIsCRz.png

GAAHH!

TgLrMN8.png

Duessel: Weep with me…

7m8IRRL.png

...So.

Duessel is surrounded by a cluster of enemies, as you have seen.

He is low on health due to his lack of good healing. The shamans are the main problem, being able to totally tear through his health.

He needs to survive every single enemy, and continue to survive for a turn after so I can start clearing things out for him.

And what ways do I have of controlling things? Of making sure he survives?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

AD35Sru.png

Lucius has an ~50% chance of kicking the bucket every turn. And there's nothing I can do about THAT, either. Maybe if I had a Physic. But guess what? I DON'T.

ySYbH5T.png

I have absolutely no control over whether I live or die on this chapter. All the units spread around are generics I can't control, and they're in far more danger than I am.

aYFRAdX.png

The RNG decides everything. There is no way through this but copious amounts of abuse.

2sbFfTI.png

And no matter how many times I make those arrows move, no matter how many times I destroy all claims to my own playing legitimacy...

ZMPlEtO.png

Someone dies.

HjTPG1g.png

If Lucius dodges that 50, Duessel dies instead, against even greater odds.

rvLqrKs.png

Each and every time, things go a bit differently. But it's never the blue units dying. No, always the green ones.

YQQuZTn.png

There's nothing I can do. Continuing to try feels like an exercise in futility.

nma4R2I.png

And it makes me wonder: Why? Why am I doing this?

zgqjwSQ.png

Because I can? And that means I SHOULD? Because I WANT to see what lies in Glass's route, except that I DON'T? I don't care one itty BIT!

v8Xqyg2.png

Do I suffer through this, for the... well, not ADORATION so much as ATTENTION from a group of people on the internet who want nothing more than to see me SUFFER?

QD0d7Xh.png

From people who may or may not actually hate me? Who take JOY from my pain?

345PSOs.png

WHY!? Why am I doing this!? What is the POINT!??!

oBQ9uez.png

And the answer is, there IS no point. None at all!

SXYIgPo.png

I. AM. DONE. Done with this! Done with suffering more than I need to! We all KNOW Gheb's route is going to win the poll! No more! NO MORE of Glass's route shall be seen by us!

And for those of you who think that I SHOULD keep going?

That because you just HAVE to see what's ahead? You NEED to see what comes once I somehow make it through this terrible, terrible hack-well, alright, I'll make it through most of it, but you want to see ALL of this crazy thing- that contributes nothing to anybody?

You... can... just...

GO DO IT YOURSELF!

BECAUSE I AM NOT DOING IT FOR YOU ANY MORE!!

NEXT TIME:

We pick up where we left off... on Gheb's route.

And yeah, all those pictures were their own unique deaths.

No longer shall this be anything resembling a 100% run.

Well, it´s surprising that you lasted for so long, that chapter is insane, and the dialogue doesn´t make it better, but you can go through it without massive tower abuse, only with one skirmish between chapters. Also it depends how and which units you´ve been training, for example, after chapter eight I didn´t used again moulder and batta and I didn´t train Riev also after chapter 4.

But the most important thing is that you missed the first guiding ring in Chapter 5 and you didn´t train Ross. With Shaman Ewan and Pirate Ross plus Paladin Amelia is much easy to beat those chapters. For example, this is my party in Chapter 9 without doing any skirmish. Maybe I did some grinding with Bazba and tana, but that was all, I trained them more or less like you did.

zQUYhDm.png

I´m pretty sure that if you train a bit your units you will finish that chapter easily, and I would like to see how you beat both routes. One more thing is that in that chapter is advisable that you rescue Knoll with Kiwi and placing Kiwi in the forest at the top of the map, because of the reinforcements. Also, you´re gonna miss this if you don´t complete Glass´s route

TnZSF4p.pngHZ8RxFs.png

Now, some things I´ve been working on, for example:

- Bishops can´t promote, so it´s better to promote Riev to sage unless you want to have a bishop

qvI2Vjw.png

Black screen and...

0pTZSzU.png

- Marisa can recruit Carlyle ( I suspect that Caellach can too because of their dialogue but I didn´t check it)

UWEPBZs.png

2XgKtrN.png

Marisa: Let´s duel

Carlyle: And who are you supposed to be?

Marisa: None of your business

Carlyle: Well, miss None of Your Business. That´s a funny name

Marisa: Hold still. Let me cut yout throat out.

Carlyle: Whoa there honey, no touchy. Anyway, seen any guy named Caellach around here? I,m supposed to talk to him. Anywho I don´t do anything without some monetary incentive

Marisa: So I´m supposed to pay you now?

Carlyle: Why not? Got the money?

Marisa: Pay to fight him... He does look good...

You can choose if you pay him or not, if you pay:

03sqPem.png

Carlyle: Wait! Hah! This is enough to pay for... Shit! You are one gullible lesbo! Say, who do you work for?

Marisa: That fat guy over there but- HEY!

Carlyle: Buh-bye, nice rack by the way.

o3SXs7n.png

And...

tNwodZW.png

- Mama Jemima and Joshua´s talk when you don´t defeat her in chapter 13

PyUpfA1.png

Joshua: Crap granny

Mama Jemima: Hat Boy

Joshua: You´re of no longer use so we must dispatch you

Mama Jemima: My wraith shall reign where I take my leave

Joshua: It´s about time we do this, don´t you think?

Mama Jemima: Do your worst

LTOcGxA.png

- I´ve finished again the game with Gheb and three times the tower, I only have to finish again the ruins, if you want to see the secret characters, I´ll show them and also all the 3 tier classes.

Edited by The Exaccus

Working around the clock for Christmas? That must stink. Look on the bright side: you can escape Gheb! you can't escape our want for his shmexiness... I'll be right back, I need the cure for the GhebFE plague.

No! YOU MUST KEEP IT TOGETHER!

Alright, I'm back from my break! Updates should begin to flow once again! Also, you guys might have noticed I totally forgot Denrei's growths in the last update. That was my mistake, but when I actually went and looked, I couldn't find her growths. It honestly seems like she's an extra character of some kind. Weird.

Today...

GhebFE: Episode 19: Chapter 15: Part 2: The Boss We've Been Building Up To!

kxdErAi.png

L'arachel kills a shaman, and...

wAac56T.png

What? This many enemies hadn't caught up yet at the end of the last update!

So, here's the deal. I accidentally lost a few screenshots. Not a lot, just a few. However, within contained the defeation of Joshua. Was he tougher than he looked? No. He was EXACTLY as tough as he looked. Glen killed him, and took the juicy EXP for himself. Joshua was such an incredibly lame boss, the images for his battle decided they didn't need to exist.

Our current problem is "dealing with these enemies charging towards us", and then "taking out Valter's guys". After that, we win!

egOqcRE.png

Keep going, L'arachel! Become a max-level prostitute!

ieXiJk2.png

Good, all stuff he needs...

CuuKGe1.png

??? What's this?

UDxOJ2T.png

Oh, a good weapon. Seems useful.

0yQLHor.png

Selena's "say NO to death" campaign begins. Or was it going already?

RcN7Ica.png

Thankfully, we still have Glass's Peerless S., though it's running out fast. All these cavaliers make for some really excellent training!

ALgFsXk.png

This is totally fine since Denning is so close to maxing out a lot of stats.

E53xdfY.png

Alright, Glass, show them what you can do!

3bANVhQ.png

PEERLESS SKILLS ARE A LIE

xT5dOUW.png

Denning/Glass talk? Sure, okay. It can't be THAT bad, right?

D1v8hX4.png

Glass: Who are you? I’ve seen you before…

Denning: This is a message from Lord Nergal.

Glass: And I’ve heard that before too.

Denning: I await you in Dread Isle.

Glass: Hmm…

CabX7II.png

Monotonous? More like amazing! This guy is one of our top people!

Glass: Ah, Kiwi. The army you lent me was top notch.

FYwg4s0.pngaWb6dVg.png

Um, what? Excuse me? Did Denning just abandon his whole character gimmick? Umm... Maybe I'll just ignore it.

c0Bew8e.png

MOVING ON TO BAD LEVELS!

erHwAcC.png

Dangit, Batta!? You're supposed to be a BEAST!

wbTHRLW.png

And then I overestimate Glass's tankiness.

ZzcMlgO.png

SP5VVop.png

That didn't happen. What DID happen is that I perform a successful distraction!

vVltKIj.png

DIE TO GLOWING EWAN FOR YOUR SINS!

l7sffn3.png

Oh, sure! Unnecessary crits, of course! What a good way to apply that high skill stat!

eLzpaiY.png

Through a strategy involving luring and chipping, we took out all the enemies. But Valter's massive unmoving army is STILL just sitting there! And we have to move everyone through the desert to get them, my least favorite part of the chapter!

I'll just skip over it, and let you see the things Colm does instead.

9XJCGFz.png

Yes!

...Who do I use it on.

qpAUva7.png

L'arachel is going to reach Denning-levels of power, I'm guessing. But definitely not yet.

M8qhTlV.png

Begin the luring. The valkyrie actually has the longest reach here.

yF7v12r.png

Soon, he'll be ready to T3... if he CAN T3! If he can't... I'll be very sad!

WHX1xI1.png

The boots, wonderful! I think I know who these can go to!

yrWGxS5.pnghTQfK3V.png

Glass kills an elite, and gets a MUCH better level. Thank you!

WLVunTY.png

See this guy? This guy right here?

qgpJJWU.png

He isn't a ranger! And it's weirding me out! Is this Colm's destiny?

4GPylp9.png

I drop Colm to grab this, but Denrei grabs it instead!

8iMcYWT.png

And... we can't see its stats! Okay!

CzEK2Jo.png

I wonder what Amelia's T3 will look like? Probably nothing too special.

I mean, come on, we're fast approaching endgame, we should be able to worry about this stuff now!

XsP7T3V.png

Phantom! I know you're our most disposable minion, but please don't sleep on the job!

Ux7XTvV.png

Glass continues killing our lured enemies and profiting nicely.

k2yyBwI.png

The paladin refuses to move before we're in EVERYONE'S range. Smart.

Clzskjz.png

Okay, Colm! It's time to get you in the ranks of my promoted guys!

Ga8utHW.png

Now, I know that Assassin's benefits include better combat and the ability to ride a horse, and they can still steal.

sVlutN5.png

BUT, Colm's combat utility isn't that great already, and I don't think a promotion change will fix that. I want him to be fast enough to survive, and I'd rather never need to have to manage lockpicks again. ROGUE IT IS!

B2gkSIU.png7qbrSxK.png

Okay, looks like he's way better now! Besides, both classes probably have the same T3 anyways.

UnvbLe3.png

WELP

NATURALLY

1dzTZHQ.png

Okay, I officially don't like these guys.

See that pegasus knight next to Ewan?

AZfYxHu.png

Weakest enemy on the map. Just... thought it was worth pointing out.

ml6FxNx.png

Just a few enemies left! Maybe we could get some training for Colm on that berserker?

MSXlszN.png

Okay, let me say something. I didn't QUITE catch it, but this berserker HIT. With. A. FIVE. CRAPPING. PERCENT. CHANCE.

FIVE PERCENT.

AND IT DIDN'T EVEN BACKFIRE ON HIM.

Now I'm regretting my promotion decisions. Speed is useless if you adamantly refuse to dodge things!

Vxnzu6X.png

Thievery successful. This cheers me up a bit.

Y6idwRv.png

Oh, Colm gets canto, like Batta! Very nice!

jqfV5g1.png

This weird 5% hit axe that I will never use is MINE now!

woR9IBD.pngtSiCadG.png

And with this, the only remaining enemy is Valter.

UwMpNfq.png

But first, healgrinding!

Now, what strategy will I use? HOW WILL I TAKE THIS FOOL DOWN?

yJWinkB.png

Yes, I know this is getting old, but come on. It's worked fine so far, and I have to take every advantage I can get!

0RNqRKk.png

I also snag an Eclipse. Ewan might get some utility out of a siege tome.

t67hY5z.png

Valter: This is surprising! I see you’re still whole Glass! Today is my turn to shatter this one who believes he’s higher than the gods themselves!

HswqvNI.pngt9R8Lqv.png

Glass: DIE!

8Jvzipx.png

Despite the epic banter, Valter is all talk. Partially because he sucks, and partially because I took all his weapons. But Glass can't kill him very fast thanks to fort-healing, which of course means more EXP for him.

Hjz5cph.png

When I think Glass can reach 20, I kill Valter is a weird fashion.

9qu47fm.png

Valter: I… have no comment…

What an amazing death monologue for the villain we've been trying to kill for so long.

s9MXP0o.png

Well, not exactly going out with a bang... but then, this hack would probably turn that phrase into a horrible literal interpretation. This is fine. He's ready for promotion, and that's what I care about.

sGAfbuF.png

FINALLY!

Gheb: Just like old times… You me… an army… A whole lot of PWNing.

Glass: Yeah…

Gheb: So, what’s up?

Glass: The sky… I’m just kidding.

94ohuVn.png

Somehow, he cut through the BS.

tgQLQmz.png

That's Eirika, right? Did she escape alive?

kvBH0TE.png

Can someone OTHER than Lyon use it?

Gheb: I see. Now, gimme the axe!

Glass: Ok, ok.

cdKmjFc.png

Gheb: Yeah, whore’s right I guess. Let’s-a go.

Gheb, you pretending to be Mario is creepy and wrong. You pretending to be anything BUT Gheb is creepy and wrong. You BEING Gheb is creepy and wrong!!

Oifdfj2.pngOSvC0kP.png

Wow, Lyon really could use this! If it didn't tank his speed to LITERALLY NOTHING. I mean, not even GHEB could wield that thing properly! What the heck!?

SnfB0He.pngnFHe1Rh.png

Garm Essay, a second legendary axe to go with the Sodomizer. It's not as good as the book... But it's, you know, ACTUALLY WIELDABLE.

K3TwRIi.png

We chose to hang out in a fort, rather than the castle? Maybe it's a burning castle, but still!

gqgnsYT.png

Gheb: This is Glass! My right hand man. Some of you have been with him before, but some of you haven’t. Treat him like you treat me.

Glass: That’s right, you fuckers! Ah, I’m just kidding.

Kiwi: Debriefing time.

Glass: Ok, well. I guess that’s the most of it, really.

CIJcfLF.png

Glass: We met a Skeleton Dragon.

Gheb: Wut!?

L’arachel: Hmm?

What!? You mean... Myyrh's replacement... is NOT a horrific "loli" thing!?

Glass: Yeah, I’ll show him to you guys later. Anyway, he spoke of how Gleb came to power and how we could beat him. Also, if we find his source of power,

UMWoXIr.png

Sounds cool.

Gheb: But we’re already unstoppable. But, yeah, any more firepower is not gonna hurt.

Unstoppable? We've been stopped! Quite a bit!

TVVOEnb.png

Glass: Yes, I think that’s his name.

Kiwi: A skeleton dragon… Kiwi thinks it would be too much firepower.

Gheb: And, what’s this dragon’s source of power anyway?

L’arachel: Dragonstones… but Gleb took all of them, or well, most of them.

Glass: Let me look for him.

d0vV3j3.png

Glass: This is Morva.

Oh, it really IS Morva! He's the last dragon I expected to see!

Morva: … What do you need?

Glass: Tell us more about the Dragonstones… Like, how we can find them.

Morva: … I’m able to sense them. Right now it’s unclear to me but if there’s one close I’ll be able to sense where it is. I don’t believe we’ll find any though.

Gheb: And, when we find these stones…

Morva: My power will grow, and Gleb’s will diminish, simple as that.

Glass: Then I believe this is our new quest, finding this creep’s stone.

Gheb: Right you are!

lqfGIoo.png

Morva: You… L’arachel?

L’arachel: Yes, teehee. I just wanted to ask… I remember when you and the twins were captive. All you wanted was revenge. If we find these stones… what will happen once this war is over?

Morva: There is no war… only a scuffle between two

JTU7Uy9.png

Morva: it’s leaving a lot of colateral damage. Look… as much as I would like to rule this world… I don’t think that would be a good idea. So…

IfWakUT.png

Morva... has a very interesting outlook on everything. I'm inclined to agree with him, really. I wouldn't mind if some greater force intervened and mixed things up, but it looks it's Gheb vs Gleb all the way, as they destroy everything with rape jokes and "schmexyness" and nobody seems to care.

L’arachel: Hmm… makes sense… now… I can’t wait to see you deadly self! You look so freaking cute! Teehee!

QfKKwED.png

NEXT TIME: Awkward titles accompany us as we return to our base.

egOqcRE.png

Keep going, L'arachel! Become a max-level prostitute!

That...is a sentence.

FYwg4s0.pngaWb6dVg.png

Um, what? Excuse me? Did Denning just abandon his whole character gimmick? Umm... Maybe I'll just ignore it.

Uh...naaaaah, no, they probably just...mis-person-gave the text, or something.

UnvbLe3.png

WELP

NATURALLY

MSXlszN.png

Okay, let me say something. I didn't QUITE catch it, but this berserker HIT. With. A. FIVE. CRAPPING. PERCENT. CHANCE.

FIVE PERCENT.

AND IT DIDN'T EVEN BACKFIRE ON HIM.

Yep, that's nature for you. And Gheb FE. The game seems to be so evil, it taints the RNG itself.

AZfYxHu.png

Weakest enemy on the map. Just... thought it was worth pointing out.

Wow, a level sixteen pegasus knight with only 9 speed? Pathetic! Step up your game, Gheb FE!

Now, what strategy will I use? HOW WILL I TAKE THIS FOOL DOWN?

Best strategy?

yJWinkB.png

Yes, I know this is getting old, but come on. It's worked fine so far, and I have to take every advantage I can get!

Best strategy.

s9MXP0o.png

Well, not exactly going out with a bang... but then, this hack would probably turn that phrase into a horrible literal interpretation.

Yeah, it could, like, make all of your soldiers instantaneous explode, or something.

Oifdfj2.pngOSvC0kP.png

Wow, Lyon really could use this! If it didn't tank his speed to LITERALLY NOTHING. I mean, not even GHEB could wield that thing properly! What the heck!?

SnfB0He.pngnFHe1Rh.png

Garm Essay, a second legendary axe to go with the Sodomizer. It's not as good as the book... But it's, you know, ACTUALLY WIELDABLE.

Can you really say that, though? Doesn't being actually weildable kind of make the axe better, for the most part?

What!? You mean... Myyrh's replacement... is NOT a horrific "loli" thing!?

You gotta get to a point in your life, if you're Moniker, at least, where you look at yourself in the mirror, and it hits you that you'd rather have a gigantic zombified dragon monstrosity around than Myrrh in this game.

QfKKwED.png

Was that movie even out yet? I mean, probably, but I don't know.

Moniker Sanity Index: Annoyed at Anna for making a 5% hit. With a devil axe.

Also, you might need a GhebFE plague cure. You're suffering from symptoms...